TJ Yeldon

Yeldon is on the bubble in Jax with Leonard Fournette on board as the 4th overall pick and Chris Ivory on a big contract (with 7 mill dead cap if cut this year). He would be a nice replacement for Gillislee. The Bills RB coach, Kelly Skipper, was RB coach in Jax last 2 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/t-j-yeldon-could-be-in-danger-of-getting-cut-in-jacksonville/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeldon is on the bubble in Jax with Leonard Fournette on board as the 4th overall pick and Chris Ivory on a big contract (with 7 mill dead cap if cut this year). He would be a nice replacement for Gillislee. The Bills RB coach, Kelly Skipper, was RB coach in Jax last 2 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/t-j-yeldon-could-be-in-danger-of-getting-cut-in-jacksonville/

I've been watching this closely as well. Yeldon is still very young too. I'd be interested for sure.

Was kinda hoping for Ivory instead but that contract mang, gross

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

I've been watching this closely as well. Yeldon is still very young too. I'd be interested for sure.

the Jax OL has been trash. I think he'd be a great fit here. I'd trade a late rounder for him actually.

Interesting option, though it does sound like JWill is making a good impression so far (and I have my doubts with him).

i still think McCoy - Yeldon - Jwill - Tolbert. Have Jwill battle Yeldon for the " Gillislee carries"

Jax "plan" at RB is very odd. All that money at Ivory and then Fournette at 4.... but bad OL and Yeldon still just needs an opportunity.

2nd round. An underrated guy in college due to playing with Derrick Henry.

Regardless we need some depth, Shady won't run like this forever. I'd like to take a shot at a few of these early to late season cuts. Was on board with Christine Michael but he landed with the Colts. Still like the idea of Pro Wrestler Deangelo Williams.. Maybe we can get Maclin to sign, then trade him to the Ravens for Kenneth Dixon and picks. Dixon is suspended for 4 games, maybe they're tired of the antics already? Ryan Mathews after he gets cut from the Eagles?

Need someone though, definitely on board with Yeldon.

Very negligible cap savings, and he's been sure-handed in the passing game. I think he sticks with Jax at least 1 more year.

Scratch that - basically no cap savings. U save 400K but then one of your 400Kish RBs whos currently not in the top 53, will be in the top 53. Negates any savings.

Edited by dneveu

I wish I knew if he was really any good...But running behind that J-Ville line it's literally impossible to tell...

Still...He has talent...I'm guessing he's not the only back-up RB that is going to wiggle his way through to Free Agency by the final cuts this year... B-)

His rushing stats are so-so but average 110 carries per year. Good receiver out of the backfield,50 catches a year. Would he get that many touches in Buffalo? Probably not til Shady moves on. Barely 24.

shady is an alcoholic hammy pull in waiting so

I wouldn't mind adding him if he becomes available to compete with J Will. I look forward to seeing what J-Will can do in camp and preseason, but nothing wrong with bringing in competition for the spot and making them earn the spot behind McCoy.