Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, tanking sure has the Leafs in trouble. It wasn't the tank, it is what was done with all the assets the tank brought.

And he has to wait for for the prospects. GMTM had two issues

1) Trading away too many prospects and assets in an effort to be instantly good and dealing for and signing vets

2) said vet signings and trades were made to make the Sabres "heavy" and tough to play to play against, in a league that now favors skill and speed.

Let everyone on the Amerks develop and build, this season is lost at the NHL level. Trade what you can and understand we have another rebuild on our hands. 

As I have said many a time, my sense is that Pegs is tired of all the movement in the coaching and GM ranks, and the current combos get at 3 years each,

I think choosing the right veterans to mix into the prospects is important. I think the salary floor has something to do with the problem.  I'm not singling anyone out but bad decisions on guys like Gorges and Moulson went a long way.  I'd rather see younger legs make mistakes than old overpaid guys try to keep up.

I know it can't be done, but I'd like to see the entire Amerks team brought up for the whole month of January.  Have the current Sabres roster (whoever is eligible) switched down to the farm for a month.

Game Preview: 12/2/17 at PIT

LAST GAME
Friday, December 1
Pittsburgh 4 at Buffalo 0
Goals: N/A
Goalie: Lehner (21 saves/25 shots)
PP: 0/4; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 34 – Pittsburgh 25

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 126)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 8 games
Jacob Josefson (ankle, Nov. 28; injured reserve) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/26:
 Placed F Seth Griffith on waivers
11/27: Assigned F Seth Griffith to Rochester (AHL)
11/30: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL); Activated D Matt Tennyson; Placed Tennyson on waivers
12/1: Assigned D Matt Tennyson and G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL); Activated D Zach Bogosian from IR; Placed F Jacob Josefson on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Dec. 5: 
Buffalo at Colorado, 9 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 8: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 10: Buffalo at St. Louis, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 12: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 14: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at PENGUINS

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
  • Last meeting: Pittsburgh defeated Buffalo 4-0 in Buffalo on Dec. 1
  • The Sabres are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 2-6-2 on the road.
  • This is the 188th game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 65-79-43 series record.
  • The Sabres are 24-49-21 on the road against the Penguins all-time.

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, tanking sure has the Leafs in trouble. It wasn't the tank, it is what was done with all the assets the tank brought.

And he has to wait for for the prospects. GMTM had two issues

1) Trading away too many prospects and assets in an effort to be instantly good and dealing for and signing vets

2) said vet signings and trades were made to make the Sabres "heavy" and tough to play to play against, in a league that now favors skill and speed.

Let everyone on the Amerks develop and build, this season is lost at the NHL level. Trade what you can and understand we have another rebuild on our hands. 

As I have said many a time, my sense is that Pegs is tired of all the movement in the coaching and GM ranks, and the current combos get at 3 years each,

The Leafs didn't tank the season. They were sellers at the deadline when they were out. Kessel was the only big assett they sold off before the season, phaneuf and others were dealt at the deadline. They got lucky and won the lottery. They did go into the season intending to lose and be the worst team to get the top pick. The Sabres went full tank and even admitted their goal was McDavid.

If this is all part of a continued rebuild, why does anyone care that they are bad? They aren't supposed to be good until the prospects are ready so why does any of this matter? And wjybshould it be poor Pegs? He just has to come out and say keep spending your money these next few years while we are horribly bad cause it's all about a few years when the prospects are all good and we are a juggernaut

I surely did not expect the disaster this season has been.  You have to wonder about Housley.  If you could look at the Amerks and project a juggernaut in a few years, it would be easier to take, but I don't really have confidence that will happen.  Better hope a fair number of fellas in the pipeline are going to hit.

Edited by Dr. Who

46 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Leafs didn't tank the season. They were sellers at the deadline when they were out. Kessel was the only big assett they sold off before the season, phaneuf and others were dealt at the deadline. They got lucky and won the lottery. They did go into the season intending to lose and be the worst team to get the top pick. The Sabres went full tank and even admitted their goal was McDavid.

If this is all part of a continued rebuild, why does anyone care that they are bad? They aren't supposed to be good until the prospects are ready so why does any of this matter? And wjybshould it be poor Pegs? He just has to come out and say keep spending your money these next few years while we are horribly bad cause it's all about a few years when the prospects are all good and we are a juggernaut

I know, I know. leafs go to the bottom..3rd from the bottom one year, bottom the next, they were not tanking. OKay dokey.They lost with dignity!

They tanked every bit as hard as the Sabres in 13/14, they just started in December instead of October and were actually worse than the Sabres the last two months of that season, Sabres were just too far below for them to catch. Then the next they were by far the worst in the league, and you believe that was not by design?

But I know, a good Canadian team would never tank!

This team is complete garbage 

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, this is embarrasing. 

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2017/12/01/Penguins-offense-continues-to-click-in-rout/stories/201712010265

The gist of that article is yes, Sabres are awful, but a win is a win.

What normal sports fan, even die hard Sabre fan, would watch them tonight over CFB is they are watching TV 

Didnt even flip the game on tonight. That’s saying a lot as I think I watched every single game during the tank year. What a train wreck. 

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I know, I know. leafs go to the bottom..3rd from the bottom one year, bottom the next, they were not tanking. OKay dokey.They lost with dignity!

They tanked every bit as hard as the Sabres in 13/14, they just started in December instead of October and were actually worse than the Sabres the last two months of that season, Sabres were just too far below for them to catch. Then the next they were by far the worst in the league, and you believe that was not by design?

But I know, a good Canadian team would never tank!

If you knew what a 'tank' really is then maybe you might understand, but anytime a team isn't good or just rebuilding, Hey Its a Tank job!