Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Projected Lineup

Kyle Okposo did not skate Friday morning but will be ready to play come puck drop, according to Housley. With Robin Lehner getting the nod in net, the entire lineup is set to look as it did in Colorado:  

9 Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
67 Benoit Pouliot - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 24 Hudson Fasching
20 Scott Wilson - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 21 Kyle Okposo
17 Jordan Nolan - 22 Johan Larsson - 23 Sam Reinhart

6 Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian
41 Justin Falk - 93 Victor Antipin

40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

What an aggravating loss that was.

That shorthanded goal was inexcusable. It wasn't an odd man rush caused by a mistake. Chicago kept the puck in our zone and moved it around/set up like they were the ones on the power play. That was just pathetic. There's no excuse for that. 

Then in OT Ristolainen does his best impersonation of Mike Weber, trying to play goalie and completely screening Lehner who then lets in a soft ass goal from the point with 4 seconds left. 

In a way though, I'm kind of glad Chicago put us out of our misery when they did. We all know a shootout is an automatic loss anyway. Watching 1 crappy goal from the point in OT was probably better than watching Lehner let in 3 straight goals in the shootout, while Buffalo wasn't able to score any... lol

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

What an aggravating loss that was.

That shorthanded goal was inexcusable. It wasn't an odd man rush caused by a mistake. Chicago kept the puck in our zone and moved it around/set up like they were the ones on the power play. That was just pathetic. There's no excuse for that. 

Then in OT Ristolainen does his best impersonation of Mike Weber, trying to play goalie and completely screening Lehner who then lets in a soft ass goal from the point with 4 seconds left. 

In a way though, I'm kind of glad Chicago put us out of our misery when they did. We all know a shootout is an automatic loss anyway. Watching 1 crappy goal from the point in OT was probably better than watching Lehner let in 3 straight goals in the shootout, while Buffalo wasn't able to score any... lol

man, I thought Jack was going to cry in the postgame, and I am not being facetious.

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

man, I thought Jack was going to cry in the postgame, and I am not being facetious.

Yeah, me too. I love that he cares so much, and is sooo passionate about winning. 

I feel for the kid, I really do. He really seems to be inside his own head right now. I don't know if it's the big contract or the whole team struggling around him (probably both). 

Hes not getting as favorable of matchups as last year either. He's playing against a lot more top pairs and 1st lines. I wouldn't mind seeing Housley give ROR more of the tougher matchups (when at home, at least) like Bylsma did the last 2 years. 

Outside of that penalty shot, I actually thought Eichel played a good game last night. He was our best forward IMO. 

There was a good story in the Buffalo news about Eichel and Lehner. I guess Lehner seen how emotional Eichel was during his interview and told the media he needed a minute before speaking, and went over to console Eichel.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/09/after-ot-crusher-eichel-frets-over-sabres-inability-to-win-for-lehner/

Game Preview: 12/10/17 at STL

LAST GAME
Friday, December 8
Buffalo 2 at Chicago 3 (OT)
Goals: Pominville, Okposo
Goalie: Lehner (48 saves/51 shots)
PP: 1/3; PK: 3/4; Shots: Chicago 51 – Buffalo 28

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 134)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 12 games
Jacob Josefson (ankle, Nov. 28; injured reserve) – 5 games
Nathan Beaulieu (illness, Dec. 5) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/4: 
Acquired F Scott Wilson from Detroit in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft; Recalled F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Kyle Criscuolo to Rochester; Placed F Matt Moulson on waivers
12/5: Assigned F Matt Moulson to Ontario (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Dec. 12:
 Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 14: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 15: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 19: Boston at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 22: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at BLUES

• This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Blues this season.
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018 in Buffalo
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated St. Louis 3-2 in Buffalo on Feb. 18
  • The Sabres are 1-8-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Blues, 1-6-3 on the road.
  • This is the 117th game all-time between Buffalo and St. Louis; Buffalo has a 46-54-16 series record.

Well... 

I give them credit for coming back from a 2 goal deficit. That's usually a death sentence for this team. 

But damn I am sick of moral victories. I want actual victories for a change... 

Not sure who deserves more blame for that OT goal - Kane, Eichel or Lehner. 

It looked like Kane and Eichel got confused about who was covering Tarasenko and both just kinda let him skate by. Then Lehner tried his stupid damn poke check on a break away because he can't make a break away save any other way, and he puts the puck in the net off his stick (and it wouldn't have went in otherwise). 

Not like they wouldn't have lost in the shootout anyway I guess. 

Kinda kills the buzz from the Bills win though. I knew I should have ended the weekend on the Bills win and skipped the Sabres game. But for some reason I have to watch. Not sure why anymore. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's what I am saying!

Why slumming down the QEW?

Meh, not a fan of Canadian football. Like I tell all the old dudes at the Elks club, all those guys are in the CFL because they didn’t make the NFL. Kinda the same reason why I don’t watch the AHL instead of the NHL.