Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/02/inside-the-sabres-it-comes-down-to-a-matter-of-respect/

This is actually a really good article/point by John Vogl. 

Id quote the article, but it's pretty short and worth reading the whole thing. 

I do think he has a very good point, and I can see where what he's saying could be a very real issue with this team. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 66 on 3/5 vs. TOR at 7:30 PM ET
23 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/02/inside-the-sabres-it-comes-down-to-a-matter-of-respect/

This is actually a really good article/point by John Vogl. 

Id quote the article, but it's pretty short and worth reading the whole thing. 

I do think he has a very good point, and I can see where what he's saying could be a very real issue with this team. 

Is this a team thing or more broadly cultural?  Authority in general is often painted as fundamentally incompetent and corrupt.  Millenials have a sense of entitlement.  NBA the players mostly dictate, don't they?  Add in, Housley doesn't project a tough guy demeanor.  I can see that it is a problem, but it's not evident what the solution is.

Hope the Sabres get you a win, you are good fans in here.

Too boring watching the Leafs as they are stuck in finishing 3rd in the division, and Lou and Babcock know how to drain the excitement out a game 

Game Preview: 3/5/18 vs. Toronto

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Friday, March 2
Buffalo 1 at Florida 4
Goals: Reinhart
Goalie: Lehner (26 saves/30 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 3/3; Shots: Florida 30 – Buffalo 25

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 225)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 22 games
Jake McCabe (shoulder, Feb. 8; injured reserve) – 12 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Feb. 11; injured reserve) – 10 games
Evan Rodrigues (upper body, March 2) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/27: Recalled F Seth Griffith from Rochester (AHL)
3/4: Recalled F Kyle Criscuolo and D Brendan Guhle from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Wednesday, March 7: Calgary at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 8: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 10: Vegas at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Thursday, March 15: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 17: Chicago at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
MAPLE LEAFS at SABRES
  • This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
  • Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Buffalo on April 3, 2017
  • Next meeting: Thursday, March 15 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 8-2-0 at home.
  • This is the 207th game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 113-67-26 series record.
  • The Sabres are 69-27-8 at home against the Maple Leafs all-time.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Toronto is in town and I can't even get $16 for my tickets. This is how far things have fallen, not just with Sabres fans but Leafs fans too.

Wow, that’s unbelievable. 

Going Ng to several early games next year less than 10k in the stands I think. People will flock back if they are good, but they will need to prove it first, much like 05-06. 

Feel for ya STH era. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 67 on 3/7 vs.CGY at 7:30 PM ET
1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

that was the most fun game to watch this year! 

What's evident is that the Sabres are not collectively fast enough to be an up and down skating team. When they create congestion in front of the net they are more likely to score. It appears that Reinhardt now understands that is where he is going to prosper. 

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What's evident is that the Sabres are not collectively fast enough to be an up and down skating team. When they create congestion in front of the net they are more likely to score. It appears that Reinhardt now understands that is where he is going to prosper. 

And just in time, his contract is up at the end of the year.  Imagine that, what are the odds?

Edited by ricojes

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

:lol::lol:

I just checked the score... I wonder if they are "stealth tanking"... 

Always good for a Laughs win, even with the TO fans down slumming in B-Lo.  Makes for a cheery ole time when waiting to go home across the bridges. ;)

Thanks Sabres youth for giving an effort!

They're on an 11-10-2 stretch over the last couple months.  It's baby steps, but it's growth.  There's no intention to tank here.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

They're on an 11-10-2 stretch over the last couple months.  It's baby steps, but it's growth.  There's no intention to tank here.

It's not unusual that teams that are out of the playoff hunt with meaningless games with respect to playoff implication do play better because there is less pressure. It's also not unusual that faltering teams are more likely to face backup goalies so the starter can get a rest. Teams playing lagging teams are more inclined to sit players with nagging injuries. That doesn't happen when teams are facing teams they are vying for either the playoffs or positioning. My point is that at this time of year don't fall into the trap of overrating what is being accomplished in the bottom feeding environment. 

• Like (+1) 1