Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct.5; injured reserve) – 16 games
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Oct. 17; injured reserve) – 10 games
Josh Gorges (lower body, Oct. 20; injured reserve) – 9 games
Justin Bailey (lower body, Nov. 2; injured reserve) – 4 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body, Nov. 4) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/7:
 Recalled D Zach Redmond from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Justin Bailey on IR
11/9: Assigned D Zach Redmond to Rochester (AHL)
11/10: Activated D Nathan Beaulieu from IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Nov. 14:
 Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 18: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 20: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 22: Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at CANADIENS

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo 3-2 (SO) in Buffalo on Oct. 5
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Nov. 11 in Montreal
  • The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 6-4-0 on the road
  • This is the 277th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 126-110-40 series record.
  • The Sabres are 54-71-13 on the road against the Canadiens all-time.

BROSSARD - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings head coach Claude Julien featured at Saturday's morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex.

Pacioretty - Danault- Shaw
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - de la Rose / Mitchell - Froese

Benn - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - Morrow / Davidson

Lindgren
Fucale

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Definitely something wrong with Eichel. He is routinely losing puck battles his strength used to to let him win. And his speed is a half step slower as well. Doesn't bode well moving forward. 

Maybe they should rest him? Leafs are 3-0 with Matthews injured and it has actually resulted in other players stepping up, who were doing !@#$ all before? 

14 hours ago, thebug said:

Maybe they should rest him? Leafs are 3-0 with Matthews injured and it has actually resulted in other players stepping up, who were doing !@#$ all before? 

I think a game or two in the press box might be in order. Unfortunately, we don't have the level of talent that Toronto does that can step up in his absence. We are old and slow while also young and not very deep in talent 

The Devils had a wild first two periods in Chicago on Sunday night as both teams combined to score 11 goals.

And to the delight of many hockey fans across NA, the Devils played a little NZT and the Devils blanked the 3 time Cup Champs in the third period.

Man, old habits die hard.

And Kane's name is being thrown around a lot for all three local teams down here. The scuttlebutt is the Sabres want established young NHLer's and NOT prospects.

The Sabres should hold out for a massive return on Kane. From the Devils end, Santini is one of the names the Sabres want, but the Devils want no part of dealing him, so the Devils will be a tough trade partner.

This Kane thing for the Sabres is fascinating. I think you guys should keep him though.

i wonder what the market could be for ROR?

On 11/11/2017 at 8:23 PM, K-9 said:

Definitely something wrong with Eichel. He is routinely losing puck battles his strength used to to let him win. And his speed is a half step slower as well. Doesn't bode well moving forward. 

How the !@#$ does every single player we've had for probably ten years get worse, starting with Tyler Myers?

this game will be on the DVR and will watch after the Duke-Michigan St game.

Freaking 11/15, and I have given up on watching them.Listened to the game Friday night on the drive up to Buffalo, I swear to Christ I could hear every sound uttered by every player through the radio it was so quiet in that place.

It was only a matter of time before Reinhart was moved back to wing and I'm glad to see it's on a line where he's had success. He's just not an NHL center. 

Moulson in the lineup at all is an abomination, let alone on the third line. 

Feel sorry for Girgs. 

Liking Falk's game lately. 

Pittsburgh has become our house of horrors and I look for Crosby to bust out of his slump in a big way tonight, especially when matched against the Eichel line. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Pittsburgh has become our house of horrors and I look for Crosby to bust out of his slump in a big way tonight, especially when matched against the Eichel line. 

OKay, might play a little sumpin sumpin just to make it interesting tonight. I can only bet good bets for the Sabres(cant bet on Penquins to win for instance) 

These are the props available to me on Bovada right now, anybody like 1 of these in aprticular?

Sabres Money line                        +205 (maybe)

Sabres Total Goals over  2 1/2    +120 (hate this one, must be a reason they dont want money on it)

Total Under 4 1/2 goals               +230  (kinda like this one)

Total Over 7 1/2                             + 315 ( interesting)

Total Goals Even                            +190 ( never even heard of this bet before, kinda like it!)

Sabres Score first                          +145( like that)

Kane scores more than Kessel     + 150

Okposo Scores a goal                   +250(hmm)

Jack scores 2 or more goals        +900(wowser)

Lehner shutout                                +1000

Think I might go with total goals even and Sabres score first

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

It was only a matter of time before Reinhart was moved back to wing and I'm glad to see it's on a line where he's had success. He's just not an NHL center. 

Moulson in the lineup at all is an abomination, let alone on the third line. 

Feel sorry for Girgs. 

Liking Falk's game lately. 

Agree on Reinhart.  If he does well, though, I can see them moving him and not Kane eventually.

I don't feel sorry for Girgensens.  Not in the least.  He is at best a fourth line center.

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Pray tell, what is this thing called "leading after one" in Pittsburgh of all places? Shocked, I tell ya. 

pretty sure they were up 3-0 there last year, and..lost that one too!!

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Eichel was napping on the Pens' GWG in OT. 

yes he was. 

Liked the prop bets, Sabres scoring first made the the total little easier to take. 

11-15: PHIL HOUSLEY ON WGR (8:59)
#Sabres head coach Phil Housley joins Jeremy White next on WGR! Tune in:

Housley - we knew the Penguins were going got push down by a goal in the third period. We needed to buckle down. Thought we were making good decisions with the puck, but we missed a couple of assignments #Sabres

Housley - when it's a one-goal lead, you have to take what the game gives you. We have to play well without the puck and make good decisions. Need to force them to go 200-feet. It's the missed assignments, the things we miss that come back to us #Sabres

Housley -  I thought Reinhart was trending in a good direction before moving up to the Eichel line. Now he's getting more scoring chances, more looks on Jack's line. Glad to see he's finding his scoring touch again #Sabres

Housley - I think the guys have been gutting it out on the blue line with the guys we have out due to injury. We're getting close, feel guys are close to turning the corner #Sabres

Housley - we are trying to build something here and it is a process... We're learning as we move forward. We have to continue to learn and grow as a team, and get better every day #Sabres

Housley - Jason Botterill and I talk every day. He supports the decisions that our coaching staff makes, he's a tremendous communicator. #Sabres

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is a long shot, but I'll throw it out there.  I'm pretty sure I originally learned it here, but for the past two years I've had my directv DVR setup to automatically record all Sabre games, always our broadcast if available.  In recent weeks, it has stopped working.  Any idea how to fix this (not that I'm missing much)?

I know a lot of teams have problems holding leads in the NHL this year, but that one hurts for you guys yesterday.

Got a point out of it, but it provides no solace in the fact you had the champs beat and gave it away.

But the larger point is, I have never seen so many leads blown in so many games this early in a hockey season. Not just a Sabres problem yesterday, but a problem for just about every team. No leads seem to be safe.

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

pretty sure they were up 3-0 there last year, and..lost that one too!!

yes he was. 

Liked the prop bets, Sabres scoring first made the the total little easier to take. 

I'd completely forgotten about that epic collapse last year. This team is still too fragile when it comes to protecting a lead, especially late in games. 

Hope you made some money on those bets. There were some tempting numbers in that post. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

11-15: PHIL HOUSLEY ON WGR (8:59)
#Sabres head coach Phil Housley joins Jeremy White next on WGR! Tune in:

Housley - we knew the Penguins were going got push down by a goal in the third period. We needed to buckle down. Thought we were making good decisions with the puck, but we missed a couple of assignments #Sabres

Housley - when it's a one-goal lead, you have to take what the game gives you. We have to play well without the puck and make good decisions. Need to force them to go 200-feet. It's the missed assignments, the things we miss that come back to us #Sabres

Housley -  I thought Reinhart was trending in a good direction before moving up to the Eichel line. Now he's getting more scoring chances, more looks on Jack's line. Glad to see he's finding his scoring touch again #Sabres

Housley - I think the guys have been gutting it out on the blue line with the guys we have out due to injury. We're getting close, feel guys are close to turning the corner #Sabres

Housley - we are trying to build something here and it is a process... We're learning as we move forward. We have to continue to learn and grow as a team, and get better every day #Sabres

Housley - Jason Botterill and I talk every day. He supports the decisions that our coaching staff makes, he's a tremendous communicator. #Sabres

Someone has been drinking the One Buffalo beer with McDermott. 

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I'd completely forgotten about that epic collapse last year. This team is still too fragile when it comes to protecting a lead, especially late in games. 

Hope you made some money on those bets. There were some tempting numbers in that post. 

Made no money sadly!  But it was fun having a smidge on the game without worrying about the Sabre win. Best one i really wanted to take was team who scored first would lose, that was +250. But thought Sabres would score first, so cant bet that bet!

1 hour ago, shrader said:

This is a long shot, but I'll throw it out there.  I'm pretty sure I originally learned it here, but for the past two years I've had my directv DVR setup to automatically record all Sabre games, always our broadcast if available.  In recent weeks, it has stopped working.  Any idea how to fix this (not that I'm missing much)?

Just looked at this, cause mine not working either. Bet you got the Pittsburgh feed last night too!! 

. Looks like the keyword is this in the Series Manager AALL Sabres 338

which I think recorded all games, but record if on 638 first. 

Now, we are 635-1, and there is no option to put the dash in..may call directv

Edited by plenzmd1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Made no money sadly!  But it was fun having a smidge on the game without worrying about the Sabre win. Best one i really wanted to take was team who scored first would lose, that was +250. But thought Sabres would score first, so cant bet that bet!

They've blown three leads in a row now, scoring first in each game, right?  This bet sounds like a no brainer with this team now.

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just looked at this, cause mine not working either. Bet you got the Pittsburgh feed last night too!!

. Looks like the keyword is this in the Series Manager AALL Sabres 338

which I think recorded all games, but record if on 638 first. 

Now, we are 635-1, and there is no option to put the dash in..may call directv

Mine has always been able to pull from 635-1.  Lately it hasn't recorded any feed though.  I'll have to check to see if it was somehow cleared out of my recording manager, but I have no idea how that would have happened.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Shrader, did you look at your settings last night? Hoping you have a solution so i don't have to call DTV

I'll check today and get back to you.  I hope I can figure it out.  The games have usually started by the time I get home, so I'm always playing the fastforward game until I catch up.

LAST GAME
Tuesday, November 14
Buffalo 4 at Pittsburgh 5 (OT)
Goals: Kane, Reinhart, Eichel, Pouliot
Goalie: Lehner (40 saves/45 shots)
PP: 2/3; PK: 4/5; Shots: Pittsburgh 45 – Buffalo 32

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 95)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Evan Rodrigues (hand, Oct. 5; injured reserve) – 18 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct.5; injured reserve) – 18 games
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Oct. 17; injured reserve) – 12 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body, Nov. 4; injured reserve) – 5 games
Matt Tennyson (foot, Nov. 7; injured reserve) – 4 games
Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 0 games

11/11: Activated D Josh Gorges from IR; Placed D Rasmus Ristolainen on IR
11/13: Activated F Justin Bailey from IR; assigned Bailey to Rochester (AHL)
11/16: Recalled F Kyle Criscuolo and D Casey Nelson from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Taylor Fedun and D Matt Tennyson on IR; Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Nov. 24: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at RED WINGS

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Detroit 1-0 in Buffalo on Oct. 24
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Feb. 22 in Detroit
  • The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 3-6-1 on the road
  • This is the 135th game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 59-57-18 series record.
  • The Sabres are 22-38-8 on the road against the Red Wings all-time.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

LAST GAME
Tuesday, November 14
Buffalo 4 at Pittsburgh 5 (OT)
Goals: Kane, Reinhart, Eichel, Pouliot
Goalie: Lehner (40 saves/45 shots)
PP: 2/3; PK: 4/5; Shots: Pittsburgh 45 – Buffalo 32

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 95)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Evan Rodrigues (hand, Oct. 5; injured reserve) – 18 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct.5; injured reserve) – 18 games
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Oct. 17; injured reserve) – 12 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body, Nov. 4; injured reserve) – 5 games
Matt Tennyson (foot, Nov. 7; injured reserve) – 4 games
Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 0 games

11/11: Activated D Josh Gorges from IR; Placed D Rasmus Ristolainen on IR
11/13: Activated F Justin Bailey from IR; assigned Bailey to Rochester (AHL)
11/16: Recalled F Kyle Criscuolo and D Casey Nelson from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Taylor Fedun and D Matt Tennyson on IR; Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Nov. 24: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at RED WINGS

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Detroit 1-0 in Buffalo on Oct. 24
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Feb. 22 in Detroit
  • The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 3-6-1 on the road
  • This is the 135th game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 59-57-18 series record.
  • The Sabres are 22-38-8 on the road against the Red Wings all-time.

6 in 9, huh? There's one thing worse than watching a low-talent hockey team and that's watching a tired, low-talent hockey team.