Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

9-11: Jason Botterill with Pat Malacaro (7:01)

Guhle is putting on a clinic. Just a terrific play and pass to Smith for the one timer. Can't wait until he is ready to play in the NHL. He probably is already but it may do him well to play a season in Rochester.

Perfect Housley type defenseman for the future.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

A late empty-netter, and Pittsburgh takes it 5-3. That'll conclude the 2017 #ProspectsChallenge. Thank you fans for the support!

DJfIi8IWAAA4cVI.jpg

@Matt_Bove

I asked Jason Botterill if he had any updates on Eichel contract talks. Botterill said #Sabres are "hoping to get deal done shortly" @WKBW

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/907423462905479169

Botterill was then asked if there was anything, in particular, holding things up. This is what he had to say #Sabres @WKBW

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/907424096287383552

@Matt_Bove

Guhle was stellar, finishing with six points in three games. Dude can flat out play.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/sabres/5-observations-from-the-sabres-prospects-challenge

No surprise there at all. I would love to see him play his way into the lineup this year.

I know they want to pair Scandella with Risto, but Guhle's style would be the perfect complement to Scandella, plus he'll be a huge asset to the power play.

No surprise there at all. I would love to see him play his way into the lineup this year.

I know they want to pair Scandella with Risto, but Guhle's style would be the perfect complement to Scandella, plus he'll be a huge asset to the power play.

Only potential issue is Scandella and Guhle are both LHD.

9-12: PHIL HOUSLEY ON WGR (25:37)

#Sabres head coach Phil Housley joins @TheInstigators right out of the gate here on WGR

Housley - You need a 5 man attack... need to play with speed

Housley - We want our D getting involved... know when to pick your spots

Housley - Justin Bailey, CJ Smith, Cliff Pu, Brendan Guhle had a really good tournament

Housley - I think we're making great strides... our depth at D got better

@NEWS4_NICK

Housely on @TheInstigators on spots up for grabs: "There are spot available. How many? I don't know." Says use exhb game to e v a l #Sabres

Housley on letters for players: "Were not in a hurry (to name a captain). Those things play themselves out eventually." #Sarbes

Housley on if age is factor for captaincy: "We'll take all those things into consideration. It'll have to be the right fit." #Sabres

Housley on lines: "We're going to move guys around. We're going to move from wing to center" and vice versa #Sabres

Housley on coaching challenge changes w/penalty: "It's good. It'll make you think." #Sabres

Housley on PP: "The #1 overall, I don't it'll change much on that 1st unit. I think you need 2 units in today's game. Keep players fresh."

Housley on PP: "Best PP are 5 guys moving in unison. Sam does a good job of finding guy down low. He'll be imp part of PP." #Sabres

@mikemorrealeNHL

Want to thank the @BuffaloSabres for being great hosts of the Prospects Challenge this weekend. Here are some thoughts ...

Sabres: Def Brendan Guhle is big, uses stick well; Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching in the hunt for NHL jobs. Alex Nylander is at least a yr away

Brutal outlook on Nylander. Last of the Murray disasters?

The fan base was told we were a year away from the playoffs about 4 years ago so this is typical Murray.

Brutal outlook on Nylander. Last of the Murray disasters?

The fan base was told we were a year away from the playoffs about 4 years ago so this is typical Murray.

A 2 year development track for a prospect? Most are just starting at the AHL level two years after being drafted. Right now, you're writing off a teenager because he's not NHL-ready yet. It's ridiculous.

I know you can't take much out of it, but I went to the prospects game on Friday, and Nylander sure did nothing to stand out. That night, Guhle, Smith and Pu looked better than the rest.

Having said that, Baily, Baptiste and Fashing did not stand out to me either .

Edited by plenzmd1

@SabresPR

The Sabres have announced the team's 2017 Training Camp Roster.

https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2017/09/13/sabres-release-training-camp-roster/

Training Camp Roster PDF

Schedule for first week of camp:

Thursday, Sept. 14

Players report for testing and physicals.

Closed to public. Media may attend for select player availability, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the press conference room.

Friday, Sept. 15

Session one: 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Session two: 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Saturday, Sept. 16

Session one: 9:45 – 10:20 a.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 10:25 – 11:15 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Session two: 11:45 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 12:25 – 1:15 p.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Sunday, Sept. 17

Session one: 9:45 – 10:20 a.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 10:25 – 11:15 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Session two: 11:45 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 12:25 – 1:15 p.m. (KeyBank Rink)