Pro Football Talk: Bills defense not a good fit for Dareus?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's entirely possible I'm thinking Chans last year, honestly. Pairing performances to coaches is admittedly blurry with how often we've swapped

I hear you. Chan's last year was 2012. Marrone was 2013-2014, the years Marcell excelled.

Honestly, paying big guys is a giant risk. I often wonder if big guys love football or they just play it because they can get paid.

I've always worried about Dareus than being the Bills were small potatoes compared to winning titles at Alabama. This might just be his job.

Not trying to call you out John, but myself and other posters were calling Rex's scheme out the last 2 years. It was a joke and didn't fit our talent at All.

.....all incumbent on the individual's mindset which has yet to be predictable....Fat Albert as a PRIME example.....it is based on the wallet or the game?.....which is FIRST?....only hope you get a guy that if you take care of his wallet, his love for the game does not waver......how do you predict??.............

...politicians?...standards?......morality?....off the table... :thumbsup: .......doctors are not part of a huge advertising/TV revenues machine that pays them....they're grinders like the rest of us....advertising/TV revenues are subject to backlash from public adversity and those dollars are the NFL's life blood.....ticket sales to us average Joes mean squat......death is a chapter we ALL have to deal with..NOT to derail, but I recently lost my wife, her brother and my mother.....my dad and baby brother are also gone.....should I get a pass?....nope.....I'm loose change in his ashtray and I have to deal with it....no pass for him.....

"doctors are grinders like the rest of us" really? Do you actually think it matters more that Dareus smoked weed than a doctor doing coke? Dareus plays a game for a living. A doctor could be high on coke making life or death decisions. I do argue that it shows Dareus as being irresponsible. Drug testing is part of the league. It's something you know you must deal with. Don't make poor decisions with so much money on the line.

"doctors are grinders like the rest of us" really? Do you actually think it matters more that Dareus smoked weed than a doctor doing coke? Dareus plays a game for a living. A doctor could be high on coke making life or death decisions. I do argue that it shows Dareus as being irresponsible. Drug testing is part of the league. It's something you know you must deal with. Don't make poor decisions with so much money on the line.

...yet the "fraternity" you choose to join has its own rules of membership, right?..not sure if I have seen the latitude to amend the "membership charter" to fit yourself or personal preferences...have you??..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It is kinda of hilarious the double standards certain professions have. Plenty of people in white collar jobs (doctors, lawyers, judges, etc) who love nose dust. But god forbid a 350 lbs DT smokes weed.

It is kinda of hilarious the double standards certain professions have. Plenty of people in white collar jobs (doctors, lawyers, judges, etc) who love nose dust. But god forbid a 350 lbs DT smokes weed.

I understand that completely. But if judges knew they'd be tested, maybe they'd be smarter than the football player who makes ten times what the judge makes. Judges don't have regular testing built in. Judges have to work a lifetime like regular people. Guys who can't follow the rules for the few years they get to set up their lives.....

I am not so much worried about the weight that needs to be dropped before the season.....

What people need to understand is that with the toll it takes on these large people bodies......you have to dial it back a bit in the off season......and then cut weight as the season gets closer in order to believe it or not give the body a break from the hard training that it goes though.

Im not talking about coming in Karlos Williams fat.......and it honestly depends on what they want you to do....keep in mind that the last two years Marcel has been asked to play the Nose Tackle postiion

A big fattie in the middle that ties up blocker's so linebacker's can make plays......frankly this is not Marcel's thing he has always been a huge powerful DT who overpowered gaps and got QB pressure

It's not a double standard, it's just a standard. Whether it's fair and reasonable is a topic for message boards, hookah lounges and opium dens, but the standard he chooses not to follow consistently is one that keeps him off the field.

My perspective is "God forbid MD ______ which keeps him off the field for 16 games, which contributes in some way, shape or form to the Bills not participating in 19".

I think the article is "trying" to say that Marcel Dareus may not fit Sean McDermott's defense, because the new coach isn't going to tolerate his off-field nonsense. I don't think it's referring to his fit in the 4-3 scheme.

Either way, the article is written poorly, has a misleading headline and has very little substance.

I think the article is "trying" to say that Marcel Dareus may not fit Sean McDermott's defense, because the new coach isn't going to tolerate his off-field nonsense. I don't think it's referring to his fit in the 4-3 scheme.

Either way, the article is written poorly, has a misleading headline and has very little substance.

No, it's saying he won't fit the defense on-the-field. The off-field stuff doesn't matter as long as he doesn't get suspended again.

If anyone actually watched the video. Dareus was more animated about the defense than he has been in years. He actually said he likes his new D-Line coach because he is tough. The reporters were trying to get details on the defense and he dodged the questions. Pretty sure that is direction from the coaches. In the past the players were way to loose with details.

Substance= NADA

I wonder if some programmer whipped up a "fluff piece bot" that just generates arbitrary stories and headlines based on a cross section of twitter feeds?

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

....CERTAINLY......but are any of those professions unionized with NFL player like protection?.....judges?...seriously?...they have the ultimate protection...major case in Roch-Cha-Cha over judge arrested for DWI and numerous release provisions.....if interested, Google Judge Astacio Rochester NY to see...skipped court date and took off for Tibet.....came back and thrown in jail until July 6 while STILL collecting $174K a year with zero mention of removing her from bench.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy