Pro Football Talk: Bills defense not a good fit for Dareus?

He smoked weed and drove fast! He is the only person to ever do that!

If Darues is right, he will be an animal in this defense. Kawaan Shorts was a monster in this defense and Darues is the better overall talent.

If he played 100% all the time his leash would be a bit longer. That he's had both suspensions AND motivation issues is a significant double whammy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he played 100% all the time his leash would be a bit longer. That he's had both suspensions AND motivation issues is a significant double whammy.

..possibly under former regimes.....with the new one?.....doubtful.....just a hunch.............

Overall, it's hard to agree because there are rules and he needs to follow them. But:

1). It's kinda funny that 25 year old football players are held to higher standards than professions like doctors and politicians (no drug testing for those careers!). Why is that?

2). MD has seen more death in his family at the age of 25 than most people see in a life time. If smoking fake weed and driving fast are the worst things he does, I will give him a pass.

Dareus is arguably the most talented member of the Bills. He can dominant games. Given his family history, he gets more of a pass from me than most players. Hopefully, he makes the most of it.

Great post dude :thumbsup#

...politicians?...standards?......morality?....off the table... :thumbsup: .......doctors are not part of a huge advertising/TV revenues machine that pays them....they're grinders like the rest of us....advertising/TV revenues are subject to backlash from public adversity and those dollars are the NFL's life blood.....ticket sales to us average Joes mean squat......death is a chapter we ALL have to deal with..NOT to derail, but I recently lost my wife, her brother and my mother.....my dad and baby brother are also gone.....should I get a pass?....nope.....I'm loose change in his ashtray and I have to deal with it....no pass for him.....

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you are maintaining well and prayers to you and your family.

Generally, I agree with you and you have to move on. To be clear, I've never heard MD use these deaths as an excuse. But I'm not sure when all of your losses occurred, but to loss your grandmother and grandfather, mom and dad, coach/ mentor, & have your brother murdered by age 25 seems extremely difficult. Obviously, he needs to keeps pushing through but as a human being, I think it's alright to fill some sympathy for the guy and hope he is making peace with everything. It's not all about football.

Fair. But isnt playing hard every play something most d linemen get questioned about? Do we really expect 350 lbs men to go balls out every play?

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you are maintaining well and prayers to you and your family.

Generally, I agree with you and you have to move on. To be clear, I've never heard MD use these deaths as an excuse. But I'm not sure when all of your losses occurred, but to loss your grandmother and grandfather, mom and dad, coach/ mentor, & have your brother murdered by age 25 seems extremely difficult. Obviously, he needs to keeps pushing through but as a human being, I think it's alright to fill some sympathy for the guy and hope he is making peace with everything. It's not all about football.

Fair. But isnt playing hard every play something most d linemen get questioned about? Do we really expect 350 lbs men to go balls out every play?

....honestly Biscuit, neither have I.....it is not something you advertise as the yipsters will tear you apart for excuses....it is a tough and painful road to haul and I'm STILL hauling....do I sympathize with the lad?...OF COURSE......only a cold hearted SOB would not....but we're expected to carry on for those gone as they would demand we do...

Right but when those guys show up overweight and look like they are running in sand for 2 months before getting in game shape, that's different. Layer in standard injuries and then add on avoidable suspensions and suddenly you have a HoF talent not impacting long stretches the way he should and two of those three are on him

I'm not talking about loafining once or twice, as much as being grossly unprofessional on occasion

Right but when those guys show up overweight and look like they are running in sand for 2 months before getting in game shape, that's different. Layer in standard injuries and then add on avoidable suspensions and suddenly you have a HoF talent not impacting long stretches the way he should and two of those three are on him

I'm not talking about loafining once or twice, as much as being grossly unprofessional on occasion

...problem is for some, once you're locked in with huge guaranteed money, how do you gauge or predict the potential "Haynesworth Effect"???............

Agree. And you are right about him having HOF talent. I think he is comparable to Sapp. Sap never really looked in great shape and I find it hard to think he went hard every play. But he did play nasty. Now, MD has to decide if wants to be decent or great.

Agree. And you are right about him having HOF talent. I think he is comparable to Sapp. Sap never really looked in great shape and I find it hard to think he went hard every play. But he did play nasty. Now, MD has to decide if wants to be decent or great.

I still think last years no accountability RR and asking him to play NT tieing up blockers not rushing the passer no fun defense played a lot into the situation.

Marcel is at his best when he is being told to go eat a quarterback

...problem is for some, once you're locked in with huge guaranteed money, how do you gauge or predict the potential "Haynesworth Effect"???............

Honestly, paying big guys is a giant risk. I often wonder if big guys love football or they just play it because they can get paid.

I've always worried about Dareus than being the Bills were small potatoes compared to winning titles at Alabama. This might just be his job.

I still think last years no accountability RR and asking him to play NT tieing up blockers not rushing the passer no fun defense played a lot into the situation.

Not trying to call you out John, but myself and other posters were calling Rex's scheme out the last 2 years. It was a joke and didn't fit our talent at All.

Honestly, paying big guys is a giant risk. I often wonder if big guys love football or they just play it because they can get paid.

I've always worried about Dareus than being the Bills were small potatoes compared to winning titles at Alabama. This might just be his job.

Not trying to call you out John, but myself and other posters were calling Rex's scheme out the last 2 years. It was a joke and didn't fit our talent at All.

It honestly took a little while to come around to it

I honestly loved his dad's defense.....suffocating and took over games.....then you had a Rex deciple come in and lead the league in sacks even thought he run defense was putrid.

It took me till year 2 to realize that RR's defense was not only outdated....but that he did not have the field generals to make the communication work in such a complex defense.

I got there eventually

....am having a hard time expecting ANY of these guys warming up to the Jets West Clown Like atmosphere that Wrecks portrayed despite mega paychecks....contracts and guaranteed money tend to have an effect IMO....and although McD may be hamstrung with cap hit ramifications with Dareus, would not surprise me a bit if he let 'em rot on the pine for a "Haynesworth like" Fat Albert attitude.....

As opposed to rolling in out of shape for marrone?

Sure, I think he wasn't a fan of Rex or the scheme but it's been an MD issue across several coaches and coordinators. He has to decide he wants to be great, as CB notes.

As opposed to rolling in out of shape for marrone?

Sure, I think he wasn't a fan of Rex or the scheme but it's been an MD issue across several coaches and coordinators. He has to decide he wants to be great, as CB notes.

And it mattered not at all since he played great both seasons.