James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone looked bad, but there's nothing worth pursuing, Comey LOVES the attention, Trump loves ignoring it

it's not even fun or amusing any more

Interesting to see how this sort of thing went down in Ukraine. The Putin puppet that was president there ended up having to flee to Russia with all the wealth he stole.

I didn't watch any of this but based solely on the lack of hysterical Facebook celebrating/gloating, I can safely assume that whatever happened was good for Trump.

Where will he be standing on snapback? You may be "safely" assuming wrong like many fools before you do.

Never assume. When things get dead quiet, thats when the most danger can occur.

Or... To use a work analogy (sorry, real-world analogy) about snapback and being in the "bite" of a mooring line. It is like a two inch lock line (rope) ready to part (break). As the line gets tension put on it, say from the 1,000s of tons of force applied, that line howls, screams and makes all kinds of loud noises. Some think that while the rope is screaming it can't go... They think it is releasing tension. But it can part at any time! Yet, when the line really wants to part is when it gets quiet... DEAD QUIET SILENT.

That's the time to definitely step away from "the line of fire."

Watch this guy get "bit" by a line. @ :16-:17 it stops making noise and gets quiet:

It took a bite on him, he was on the side thankfully. If he was in line of fire, it would cut him in two.

continuing with this topic is going to really needlessly eat into my leisure time

i like my leisure time to be enjoyable, and this Trump-nonsense is eating away bitterly at my free time

nothing will be cleaned up and nothing is worthy of indictment

As I was listening to his testimony I was thinking jownsid this weenie ever make it through the academy?

Comey is same age as you.

You know how he made it through The Academy... He wasn't getting high like you were doing.

Ouch!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

In The NYT and The Washington Post, the British election tops the Comey story.

Maybe there's some principle of journalism that dictates that a foreign election gets front-page priority over domestic news, but I looked at these pages this morning and thought:
The Comey testimony — so hyped on yesterday's front pages — fizzled.
After a "no tweet" day, Trump tweets

Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication...and WOW, Comey is a leaker!

Yesterday's silence was effective. This tweet is getting maximum attention, and the foregoing silence gives resonance to today's message: Comey didn't lay a hand on him.
Edited by B-Man

Really? Countries in Europe look down on the people in the US that do the same stupid crap they do? And you are totally in awe of the European​s system for LARPing but in disdain of the US method, after having participated in neither?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

But you'll probably take this opportunity to tell me if I posted more you'd ignore me.

Relax Ahab: You're making a diamond in your ass. Enjoy a lighter topic.

I'm in awe that attractive looking people do this in Europe. You can actually get laid playing D&D there. Who knew?

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

continuing with this topic is going to really needlessly eat into my leisure time

i like my leisure time to be enjoyable, and this Trump-nonsense is eating away bitterly at my free time

nothing will be cleaned up and nothing is worthy of indictment

If that is the case... Letting it hinder your leisure time. All I gotta say is:

The only regret you feel is on you. You only.

everyone looked bad, but there's nothing worth pursuing, Comey LOVES the attention, Trump loves ignoring it

it's not even fun or amusing any more

It's been over 24 hours since he Tweeted. I picture him in the Silence of the Lambs pit while Tillerson and Pence lower his phone down in a basket.

In The NYT and The Washington Post, the British election tops the Comey story.

Maybe there's some principle of journalism that dictates that a foreign election gets front-page priority over domestic news, but I looked at these pages this morning and thought:

The Comey testimony so hyped on yesterday's front pages fizzled.

After a "no tweet" day, Trump tweets

Yesterday's silence was effective. This tweet is getting maximum attention, and the foregoing silence gives resonance to today's message: Comey didn't lay a hand on him.

Trump is perfect internet troll.

He just used Internet for Dummies, 101:

"I am rubber, you are glue. Whatever bounces off me sticks to you!"

Brilliant Donny, just brilliant! This will resonate w/the Deplorable Boomers and their echoes.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Trump is peferct internet troll.

He just used Internet for Dummies, 101:

"I am rubber, you are glue. Whatever bounced off me sticks to you!"

Brilliant Donny, just brilliant! This will resonate w/the Depolorable Boommers and their echoes.

he's totally silenced his opposition in effectiveness, conservatives win as the government is in complete paralysis.

but i see he's appointing 11 more Federal judges shortly, all of them fitting in just fine with his constituency, thank goodness

Edited by row_33

I don't care what side of the fence you are on...... Comey comes off as a complete hack and the President should have fired this man a lot sooner. But Comey got enough rope to hang himself and show how awful he was at his job.

End this Russian crap now and stop wasting tax payers dollars on a complete hoax.

he's totally silenced his opposition in effectiveness, conservatives win as the government is in complete paralysis.

but i see he's appointing 11 more Federal judges shortly, all of them fitting in just fine with his constituency, thank goodness

And the "societal mooring line rope" (analogy with the judges) keeps getting tighter with tension. Just stand on the side... For your own personal safety.

Comey came across as an all American guy :thumbsup:

Yeah... But not a ex-coke head like Chef?

Criminy!

I don't care what side of the fence you are on...... Comey comes off as a complete hack and the President should have fired this man a lot sooner. But Comey got enough rope to hang himself and show how awful he was at his job.

End this Russian crap now and stop wasting tax payers dollars on a complete hoax.

Hoax? Putin and Trump have both admitted it happened

By your obsession over Warren and Sanders it shows you're a smart conservative who realizes the real threat of the Democratic party right now is in the progressive wing of the party. I went through the same thing with the Tea Party in '09. I see a UK election where a far left Bernie Sanders type politician (who is way more controversial than Sanders) help the Labour party gain 29 seats and costs the Conservative Party who lost their majority by losing 13 seats.

Although I'm opposed to the things you mentioned (free college is ridiculous), that progressive platform is what the left needs to take in the midterms for them to have any chance of getting the House majority. Unfortunately, the DNC is still in the denial stage with their bitchin' and whining about why they lost the last election before somebody convinces them they have a problem and need to go to an AA meeting.

I don't know that I'd call it an obsession, but I poke Warren and Sanders for two clean, clear and obvious reasons: (1) Those who use Facebook (in my feed) for political opining -- and there are way more than I would have expected -- are constantly and forever posting videos of them angrily pointing out how the system is rigged by the people who have all the money -- the 1%ers who ride the backs of the little guys who are struggling just to pay their bills and (2) you need only scratch the surface of either of them to find out that they are both 1%ers who have all the money from riding the backs of the little guys who are struggling just to pay their bills.

It's difficult for me to determine which is more ridiculous; their blatant hypocrisy and embarrassing lack of self-awareness, or that most people I grew up with are too blind by ideology to see them for what they are.

Edited by LABillzFan

Hoax? Putin and Trump have both admitted it happened

Who knows what they did with the voting software.

Trump: "We thank you for your vote Tiberius. YOU are a good American. MAGA! One hack @ a time!"

I don't know that I'd call it an obsession, but I poke Warren and Sanders for two clean, clear and obvious reasons: (1) Those who use Facebook (in my feed) for political opining -- and there are way more than I would have expected -- are constantly and forever posting videos of them angrily pointing out how the system is rigged by the people who have all the money -- the 1%ers who ride the backs of the little guys who are struggling just to pay their bills and (2) you need only scratch the surface of either of them to find out that they are both 1%ers who have all the money from riding the backs of the little guys who are struggling just to pay their bills.

It's difficult for me to determine which is more ridiculous; their blatant hypocrisy and embarrassing lack of self-awareness, or that most people I grew up with are too blind by ideology to see them for what they are.

Wow... You showed me! You don't live in an echo-chamber. You really can look inward.

You really do get out.