Fred Jackson 'not ready to hang 'em up'

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way Jackson can still be productive. I mean, look at Anquan Boldin; he's 36 years old and only had 8 TDs last year. Plus, look at the poor play of the 39 year old Tom Brady...

Tough to ball in the late 30s? Sure. Impossible? Not at all.

If he had the ability to be that productive as an NFL RB he wouldn't have been out for all of 2016 with no takers for '17 either. NFL personnel men know who he is and what he is. Making a blanket comparison to other older players who are still productive has no bearing at all on Fred Jackson's situation.

If he had the ability to be that productive as an NFL RB he wouldn't have been out for all of 2016 with no takers for '17 either. NFL personnel men know who he is and what he is. Making a blanket comparison to other older players who are still productive has no bearing at all on Fred Jackson's situation.

Things is, teams look to youth first for RBs. Always developing them. Because you can beet the snot from them for a couple years and get another.

We really do not know what Fred can bring. and it may well be... not much.

but like hiring a professional employee, the last one you consider is the oldest.

Adrian got a year to get fully healthy and focused, Why cannot Fred ?

Things is, teams look to youth first for RBs. Always developing them. Because you can beet the snot from them for a couple years and get another.

but like hiring a professional employee, the last one you consider is the oldest.

Ask the 32 NFL teams and AP was elite for many years in his career with great speed, sweet feet, and power. Not even a close comparison between the two and remember that Fred broke down quite a bit in his career with significant missed time in 2011, 2012, and 2014. Apparently enough was seen in 2015 in Seattle that no one was interested in him last season or this one thus far with camps opening in July.

Cant find the post but someone in this thread said Fred was never that good?!?

In 2009 FJ had 2,516 all purpose yards. The 5th most yards ever in that category.

One of my fav Bills of all time. Would love to have him back even if only for a season.

Cant find the post but someone in this thread said Fred was never that good?!?

In 2009 FJ had 2,516 all purpose yards. The 5th most yards ever in that category.

One of my fav Bills of all time. Would love to have him back even if only for a season.

He had an excellent Bills' career and we fans loved him for giving his all, but it's 2017 with '09 long ago in the rear view mirror. He ain't coming back! Not in Buffalo anyway.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If he aint coming back to Buffalo, I hope he hangs up the cleats finally.

I am hoping he does just that. Retires. as Bill though

Whaley or Overdorf , who dismissed him abruptly , might or might not have been one season premature.

He had a good run. Pun intended. Dude always found yards when i was sure he was going to be crushed. or had 3 guys hanging on him. Somehow he amazed

Why do you think that's the case? I think teams know exactly what he can bring based on the last time he brought it.

Regarding AP, in 2015 , he had 1500 yards rushing with 11 TD's. He's been better than Fred his whole career and he's 4 years younger.

Why do you think that's the case? I think teams know exactly what he can bring based on the last time he brought it.

Regarding AP, in 2015 , he had 1500 yards rushing with 11 TD's. He's been better than Fred his whole career and he's 4 years younger.

what year did Fred break his leg? I cannot recall

Is it likely Jackson has much left? No.

Is it unreasonable to say with certainty that he has nothing left, unless you are employed by an NFL franchise? Yes.

Does no interest from any NFL team in the last two seasons say he's done? YES.