Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

@JaySkurski

McDermott on the #Bills missing out on Jeremy Maclin: "At the end of the day, we moved forward, and Jeremy did as well."

@StepnerABC2

#Ravens QB Joe Flacco on addition of Jeremy Maclin: "It's going to up the ante." @ABC2NEWS

DCNlANfXcAAwSie.jpg

Translation on the McD quote "when the ravens cut your ass for not being the number 1 receiver they expected.....dont even look in Buffalo's direction"

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the ravens start running into injuries...they are gonna have to start cutting guys or using waterboy's to replace them

People complain about OUR cap management....the Ravens is even worse

You're entitled to your opinion John. Can you list some Ravens contracts that you dislike?

Can you list some Bills contracts (non rookie deals) that you would consider good contracts?

We need to look at the top 10 WR contracts in each of the last 4 years and about 26 of those will have to be with top 16 QBs to be 2:1. I haven't gone through all 40 but I highly doubt that will be the case. If I have a few minutes this afternoon I'll try to do it.

Just eyeballing it, we are talking about 1/2. So half the guys are going to play for the top 1/2 of the QBs and 1/2 are going to play for the bottom 1/2 of QBs. So as I said, little to no correlation. I will lay them all out later.

Top 16 is an interesting cut off when TT is #22ish.

You're entitled to your opinion John. Can you list some Ravens contracts that you dislike?

Can you list some Bills contracts (non rookie deals) that you would consider good contracts?

We have what....12 million dollars in cap room? With a much larger sum heading into next year?

It would be interesting to see where the ravens are after guaranteeing maclin's 6 million guaranteed. they must have been REALLY creative with that contract (probably did a lot of future mortgaging)

Aside from their QB the ravens literally have no stars on that team.....and Maclin is not a top number 1 receiver at all....he would have fit here as a number 2 because Watkins would have taken so much pressure off him

Edited by John from Hemet

Maclin: so TT is your starter for 2017 ?

Bills: it's an open competition

Maclin: so who is your QB in 2018 ?

Bills: (crickets)

Maclin: (crickets)

Bills: any other questions ?

Maclin: Nope, i'm good

so he didn't sign because the FO can't see into the future?

Just catching up here... I think the biggest judgement I'm willing to rush to here is that we should force JM or JMC to switch there names if they are going to argue. At least I'd stand an outside chance at following who is who and what is what.

We have what....12 million dollars in cap room? With a much larger sum heading into next year?

It would be interesting to see where the ravens are after guaranteeing maclin's 6 million guaranteed. they must have been REALLY creative with that contract (probably did a lot of future mortgaging)

Aside from their QB the ravens literally have no stars on that team.....and Maclin is not a top number 1 receiver at all....he would have fit here as a number 2 because Watkins would have taken so much pressure off him

Suggs is a better pas rusher than anything the Bills have. Flacco a better QB, Weddle a better safety, Ronnie Stanley and Marshall Yanda on the oline, Mosley is better than any of our backers. At this point it's a toss up who can stay healthy and produce Watkins/Maclin.

From browsing over their roster they sure look to have better players at the key positions and I didn't mention having the best PK in the NFL.

The Ravens had a very good defense last season. Bills did not. The Ravens and Bills have the same record the last four seasons. Dominate running game equals less passing. No running game(Ravens) equals more passing.

Dominant running game also means the defense is selling out to stop the run allowing the QB and WRs an advantage. Having a horrible run game allows the defense to gear up vs the pass and not worry about the run as much. You act as if there's only one way to spin it. We'll never know, but I'd bet almost every GM in the league would take Flacco over Taylor. Why don't you copy and paste your wall of stats again while you're at it.

Mr. Pibb tastes more pruney.

Nothing is better than A&W Root Beer.

i've always felt that root beer is in it's own class. i don't like to rate it along with regular sodas.

i bet jeremy maclin hates root beer. i hate his soul.

Suggs is a better pas rusher than anything the Bills have. Flacco a better QB, Weddle a better safety, Ronnie Stanley and Marshall Yanda on the oline, Mosley is better than any of our backers. At this point it's a toss up who can stay healthy and produce Watkins/Maclin.

From browsing over their roster they sure look to have better players at the key positions and I didn't mention having the best PK in the NFL.

We are def not going to see eye to eye on talent

Suggs is old......give me Hughes any day at this point in their careers....not to mention that we now have a young Suggs clone in Shaq Lawson.

Flacco is a better qb.....but the margin between him and Tyrod are not THAT far apart......Flacco is a franchise qb.....but not elite.....TT is a good system qb.......at this point in their careers Tyrod is giving you just as much production in different types of ways

Weddle and Micah Hyde are a wash in my opinion....Micah is VERY good and your under rating him

Overall......the Baltimore OL cannot hold the bills OL's jock.....at all

CJ Mosely might be better......but our linebacker's are better overall

Watkins and Maclin are not a toss up....if Watkins and Maclin was a toss up he would not have been released by the chiefs because you dont let that kind of talent walk.....Watkins you have to game plan for.....Maclin is a solid number 2...its not close

We are better at RB and TE.....easily

Our Down linemen are better

Baltimore's talent is not better then Buffalo's