Chick-fil-a coming to Cheektowaga!!!!

Wacka

I can do the regular sandwich or nuggets a few times a year, but I prefer the Wendy's spicey chicken sandwich. That only happens when I'm driving long distance and fast food is the only sensible option, so that's only a few times a year too.

Wendy's tried to kill me once. I took the hint and haven't gone back.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy's tried to kill me once. I took the hint and haven't gone back.

I get that. Popeye's after a Clemson football game. Yowza! My son had some bad sliders at Chili's once.....with a group of friends. Bad idea to have more food poisoned people than toilets in one location. VERY bad.

I have a long story about a fried clam sandwich in Boston 20 years ago. I think the clams were from closer to 30 years ago. I'll save you all the details.

I get that. Popeye's after a Clemson football game. Yowza! My son had some bad sliders at Chili's once.....with a group of friends. Bad idea to have more food poisoned people than toilets in one location. VERY bad.

I have a long story about a fried clam sandwich in Boston 20 years ago. I think the clams were from closer to 30 years ago. I'll save you all the details.

Yeah, Wendy's is the only thing in my adult life to send me to the hospital. Good times.

My only bout with fast food/chain restaurant poisoning was Ruby Tuesdays about 18 years ago. Quick dinner before an Alanis Morissette/Tori Amos concert in Saratoga. I got the chicken sandwich. I didn't go well. BUT ... I got eye contact with Alanis and I know she wants me. Please share so maybe she can finally find me. Thoughts and prayers wouldn't hurt, either.

My only bout with fast food/chain restaurant poisoning was Ruby Tuesdays about 18 years ago. Quick dinner before an Alanis Morissette/Tori Amos concert in Saratoga. I got the chicken sandwich. I didn't go well. BUT ... I got eye contact with Alanis and I know she wants me. Please share so maybe she can finally find me. Thoughts and prayers wouldn't hurt, either.

Don't worry, I'm sure she has PI's on her payroll looking for you.

Ironically, several hours after my bad clams my stomach was clearly not right. I thought putting a little food on it might help. We stopped at a Ruby Tuesdays in Boston a few hours before my wife's co-worker was going to treat us (on an expense account) to "the best restaurant in Boston". By that time, I was only up to sips of ginger ale. I layed on the floor of the men's room until the maitre de called me a cab. Wifey stayed for a fabulous diner (as she should have). I listened to UNLV play Duke in the national championship game from the floor of the hotel room bath.

Good times indeed!

I can do the regular sandwich or nuggets a few times a year, but I prefer the Wendy's spicey chicken sandwich. That only happens when I'm driving long distance and fast food is the only sensible option, so that's only a few times a year too.

I was a big fan of the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich in high school. I'm sure it has a lot to do with these chains lowering their standards over the years, but if I buy one now it's borderline awful.

I'll say this about Chic fil a, they are well run. Saturday I stopped in Roanoke Rapids NC (the fast food capital of NC) for lunch at Chic fil a. Apparently hundreds of others had the same idea. The place was packed.

Amazingly I ordered and had my food within ten minutes. They sent people out with iPads, or something similar, to take orders, not only of those in line in the store but along the drive-thru line as well.

A crowd like that would have shut down any other fast food restaurant, but for this Chic fil a it was just another Saturday. And the food was still good. I was impressed.

I'll say this about Chic fil a, they are well run. Saturday I stopped in Roanoke Rapids NC (the fast food capital of NC) for lunch at Chic fil a. Apparently hundreds of others had the same idea. The place was packed.

Amazingly I ordered and had my food within ten minutes. They sent people out with iPads, or something similar, to take orders, not only of those in line in the store but along the drive-thru line as well.

A crowd like that would have shut down any other fast food restaurant, but for this Chic fil a it was just another Saturday. And the food was still good. I was impressed.

When people are lining up to give you money, it is wise to find an efficient way for that to take place. They do a much better job of it than most, for sure.

I get the feeling that every single place in NC is the fast food capital of NC. My town has nothing but fast food joints, at least one of every single chain that is in the area. They're all within a couple miles of each other too. They recently put out this news letter that ranked the top places for lunch, apps, pizza, etc... It was the most depressing list I've ever seen. Half the list was the one non-fast food place in the entire town and the rest was a random assortment of chains.

You have never been to Portillo's (Chicago).

No iPads needed, just pencil and paper & short-hand system written on a bag. They have people in parking lot too taking orders.

You have never been to Portillo's (Chicago).

No iPads needed, just pencil and paper & short-hand system written on a bag. They have people in parking lot too taking orders.

Portillo's is great, they opened one up down here last year... about as close as it gets to Teds. Decent food at a good price.

http://www.portillos.com/assets/1/31/PHD_FL_42_45_online_6.17.pdf

We have chicfila's around here but haven't been to one in over 10 years, the lines and traffic are a hassle just for a chicken sandwich.

Last year I had to visit two of our suppliers (one near Temple, the other near Waco), and I stopped at a Chick-Fil-a in Waco to get lunch and to catch up with some e-mails on my laptop (they have free Wifi).

After being there for about 15 minutes, my computer was running out of power and I yelled at the dying computer just as one of their employees came over to my table and asked if I wanted a refill. She asked if I needed help and I told her that I forgot to charge the computer and didn't have the cord. About two minutes later the manager came over with a couple of computer cables in his hand as well as an extension cord. He was able to make one of the cables work and he connected the extension cord to a wall outlet about 20 feet away, and I was able to keep working.

I wish that all restaurants would have customer service like that.

I get the feeling that every single place in NC is the fast food capital of NC. My town has nothing but fast food joints, at least one of every single chain that is in the area. They're all within a couple miles of each other too. They recently put out this news letter that ranked the top places for lunch, apps, pizza, etc... It was the most depressing list I've ever seen. Half the list was the one non-fast food place in the entire town and the rest was a random assortment of chains.

Probably true about NC. Exit 173 on i95 is the first major interchange heading south from VA. It must be the place everyone decides to eat, gas up and take a dump. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Last year I had to visit two of our suppliers (one near Temple, the other near Waco), and I stopped at a Chick-Fil-a in Waco to get lunch and to catch up with some e-mails on my laptop (they have free Wifi).

After being there for about 15 minutes, my computer was running out of power and I yelled at the dying computer just as one of their employees came over to my table and asked if I wanted a refill. She asked if I needed help and I told her that I forgot to charge the computer and didn't have the cord. About two minutes later the manager came over with a couple of computer cables in his hand as well as an extension cord. He was able to make one of the cables work and he connected the extension cord to a wall outlet about 20 feet away, and I was able to keep working.

I wish that all restaurants would have customer service like that.

Great story! You should have tripped over the extension cord, falling to permanently maim and disfigure yourself. Then of course, sue them for boatloads of cash! No good deed..... :)

But yes, they are well trained and seem to hire a cut above other fast food joints. Better people makes for a better experience. My wife knows someone who owns a TON of fast food places. He said he loves a bad economy because people eat what they think is cheap, and he can hire people with Masters degrees.