What type of coaching do you want to see this year?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do what you said you will do. Go down blazing. When asked if he will go for it on 4th down situations.

That and proper game management and red flag management.

Hope you're right. My son, who coached Div 1 CFB in North Carolina the last six years and is now coaching Professional American Football in Australia (proud papa) said the concern he heard about McDermott was that with the hiring of Leslie Frazier it signaled what the rumor is about Coach Mc.... very conservative coach. Son's main source isn't anyone on Carolina however, so take it for what it's worth. It's Jay Gruden. I'm sure there will be growing pains as a first-timer but we just can't go too conservative with Watkins, McCoy, ZJones, etc., and a questionable, at best, secondary. I do have faith that he has the character and intelligence to become an outstanding coach. And if Dion Dawkins pays off as a Tackle he will show himself a great evaluator as well. The circus has left town after two years and I am very excited about our future.

Wiz... I was going to say the same thing, god that has been so !@#$ing frustrating with this team. Learn and know the basics please!

Hopefully a simplified defensive scheme will make it easier to know when they are suppose to be on the field and one of the 48 coaches realizes the player isn't it there

Hope you're right. My son, who coached Div 1 CFB in North Carolina the last six years and is now coaching Professional American Football in Australia (proud papa) said the concern he heard about McDermott was that with the hiring of Leslie Frazier it signaled what the rumor is about Coach Mc.... very conservative coach. Son's main source isn't anyone on Carolina however, so take it for what it's worth. It's Jay Gruden. I'm sure there will be growing pains as a first-timer but we just can't go too conservative with Watkins, McCoy, ZJones, etc., and a questionable, at best, secondary. I do have faith that he has the character and intelligence to become an outstanding coach. And if Dion Dawkins pays off as a Tackle he will show himself a great evaluator as well. The circus has left town after two years and I am very excited about our future.

Where'd he coach? Duke, NCSU, UNC, Wake, ECU?

I have heard similar things.

Where'd he coach? Duke, NCSU, UNC, Wake, ECU?

Gardner-Webb/FCS in Boiling Springs (Western part of NC), recruited for Coach Fedora @ North Carolina 2years along with coaching at Chapel Hill FB camps and got the job in Brisbane with the help of old Bills asst. coach Bob Sanders and Jay Gruden. (Is best friends with Sanders kid, who also attended G.W.)

Initially I'm hoping for a coach that was nothing like Rex but Jauron kind of was. Jauron was humble and emotionless while Rex was arrogant and didn't stop talking. Both didn't really work out.

Perhaps fair but firm, cautious without being conservative, and more discipline. Hoping to see a solid foundation built this year.

Are you serious????

Oh, geez, RR was a buffoon who was a lousy NFL HC so let's go back to a walking cadaver who was an even worse NFL HC! There are probably at least a half dozen current NFL HCs you could wish McDermott could be like, and dozens of retired ones who at least had winning records!!! How about hoping McDermott could turn out to be another Belichick without BB's penchant for cheating? Maybe Pete Carroll? Maybe Andy Reid? How about Tom Coughlin without the anger management issues? Mike Tomlin? Even younger guys like Adam Gase from Miami or maybe Jack Del Rio from Oakland?

Jauron???!!!! Chan Gailey or Doug Marrone would be infinitely better choices than that soulless cretin Jauron who has to rank among the absolute worst HCs the Bills have ever had, and that's including the likes of Jim Ringo and Kay Stephenson. BTW, don't confuse reticence with humility. With Jauron, it was his way or the highway, as witness how he drained off virtually all the Bills talent in order to fill the roster with compliant special team caliber players while sending bonafide talents packing (ie, Jason Peters among others).

Sometimes you want a very conservative coach. Just ask Atlanta.

No reason to go Falconing up a strong game plan.

I still say it's better to blow it than sit there and do nothing while the other guy fights like hell to take it from you.