Public Financing of Stadiums

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be the new public housing as promised? Or selling the land, which gets it on the tax rolls, and privately developed. It's been suggested the later as it's a natural progression of development from Larkinvile.

I do hope it's the affordable housing option, lots of "regular folk" being chased out of once affordable neighborhoods.

Well, considering the fact that Buffalo (as well as all upstate NY) continues to lose population, a new stadium is the last thing that they should be spending money on.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/23/latest-census-numbers-show-buffalo-niagara-population-loss/

I agree. This is why I am so strongly opposed to public stadium funding. If a city such as Atlanta or Seattle support a stadium it's different than Buffalo supporting one. New York State and Buffalo have bigger fish to fry than building football stadiums. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Didn't they just do that about a year ago?

Sort of. The Ralph is sporting a tie now. Unfortunately it's a clip on, compared to other stadiums.

The Ralph has good bones. Build around those bones a bit and save the taxpayer some bucks compared to a new downtown palace.

Pegs should do just enough enhancement to show the other owners that he tried. Show his league partners he's a team player ... yet not break the local bank.

New stadium and I will be watching from the couch.

Yeah, I feel the same. The vibe and the ritual keep me coming back every season. Sure isn't the football.

New barn, I'd prob go to a game or two a year.

I really hope we stay where we are, but I'm open to try the change if it happens.

So the county, state and feds have already approved infrastructure/traffic/construction studies and plans?

Comeon now, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here over a couple buildings.

Gonna take something more concrete before I'd say downtown is a "lock".

Pegulas have their hands in all sorts of business. I'll wait and see.

So the county, state and feds have already approved infrastructure/traffic/construction studies and plans?

Comeon now, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here over a couple buildings.

Gonna take something more concrete before I'd say downtown is a "lock".

Pegulas have their hands in all sorts of business. I'll wait and see.

Hence my use of "pretty much". But everything you ask about is in the works. Some studies are even already complete,

Yeah, that small building totally puts a lock on the stadium footprint.

Probably what Pegulas are planning to do is similar to the revenues other owners are going after. They are buying property around their stadiums to create entertainment districts for eating/drinking/etc. These buildings and others like it will enable that.