Did you keep your seasons?

I wonder what the average is for how many years people have had season tickets? I can't believe sometimes I've had mine for 18 years now.

This will be 15 seasons for my group. Started with around 20 guys in 2003, we are down to 5.

As for age, I'll turn 42 mid-season. If I make all 8 home games this year it will be 100 in a row. Haven't missed a home game in person since 2004.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pissed when they hired Wrex and wanted to burn my seasons,my GF talked me out of it and we went to 4 games.

I did not renew for Wrex year 2.

I am thinking about getting them again but with the exchange rate and the crappy back loaded schedule it may not be worth it.

If I make all 8 home games this year it will be 100 in a row. Haven't missed a home game in person since 2004.

Good for you, I did the same thing, except I included Pre-Season in my count. Got mine in 2000, and I think it was right before the 2007 season started I realized I'd been to every home game. Decided to set a goal of 100 Home games, and then I would pick and choose which games to go to (coming from Syracuse). Toronto series threw me a curve ball since they were considered "home" games, but I made those. And towards the end it was getting more difficult to make the drive each Sunday. Now, I always make the home opener and sell off some games to friends.

Of course? Why wouldn't I?

I love being at the games. Great excitement, always interesting things to see. Nothing better than being with 50-60,000 people who care about their team and let the opponent know we're there. Love it.

Yeah, no preseason or TO "home" games in my count. I absolutely refused to support that farce, and I love that it flopped right in Rogers' & Co. smug faces.

So I currently sit at 92 consecutive 'real' home games. Proud or ashamed? Not sure.... ;)

I re-upped. 20+ years for me. I live near Richmond, VA & get to 2-3 games/yr. Pass the games I cannot attend to family in WNY or friends or donate them. My sister lives on Sheldon Rd which is a 5 min walk to the stadium so very convenient for us going to games.

I would not consider giving up my tix. Always have a great time at tailgate at Hammers lot prior to game, walking around lots observing/taking pics/laughing, & going to the game regardless of outcome. Plus, combine it with spending time w family & it's an all-around win.

I re-upped. 20+ years for me. I live near Richmond, VA & get to 2-3 games/yr. Pass the games I cannot attend to family in WNY or friends or donate them. My sister lives on Sheldon Rd which is a 5 min walk to the stadium so very convenient for us going to games.

I would not consider giving up my tix. Always have a great time at tailgate at Hammers lot prior to game, walking around lots observing/taking pics/laughing, & going to the game regardless of outcome. Plus, combine it with spending time w family & it's an all-around win.

I live 400 miles away and go to most of the games. I can't always find people to give the tix to if I'm not going. Where do you donate them? That's a good solution.

it is! That Explorer Model by Ford has been great!

What sucks living in Richmond is it almost takes the same AM out of time to fly as to drive, so drive it is! Good thing is son has license now, so games he absolutely positively has to be in school on Monday he can drive five hours back and I got the last 3

you put a ton of miles on going to buffalo stuff, between the sabres and the bills. thats a lot.

i still want to figure out who i sat next to at the sabres/canes game (it was the second game). some guy from richmond with his son. i never thought to ask if he was a tbd'er.

I live 400 miles away and go to most of the games. I can't always find people to give the tix to if I'm not going. Where do you donate them? That's a good solution.

Here is a old link to info on donating tix: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/148474-how-can-i-donate-season-tickets-electronically/

Here is another link to Boys & Girls Club of Buffalo:

http://www.bgcbuffalo.org/donate

I've donated mine before to the Boys & Girls Club of Buffalo, especially preseason games. I just give them a call and talk to someone on staff who will give me their email address to forward the tickets. Make sure you get an acknowledgement/receipt. Then you can count the full face value as a chartible gift on your taxes.

Edited by jimmy10

you put a ton of miles on going to buffalo stuff, between the sabres and the bills. thats a lot.

i still want to figure out who i sat next to at the sabres/canes game (it was the second game). some guy from richmond with his son. i never thought to ask if he was a tbd'er.

Bought a new Explorer week before opener last year, close to 25K on it in 9 months...so not too bad.

Be great if i could get Mr. Info to drive with us...but Mr. Snooty Pants only likes to fly :nana:

BTW Tony prolly a crew going to Carolina...you in?

Live in the NYC area--had gotten seasons for my dad the last 12 years or so (we used to go to one game a year from Rochester as a kid, back when RTS ran buses, and it was an annual highlight, so as soon as I could afford it I figured I'd repay that). He passed away in October, two weeks after we saw the Bills kick the crap out of the Cards. I saw the Fins game season buster with my teenage daughter and gave away or sold (including to the poster right above me!) the rest.

Reupped for 2017 even though I'll likely only get to 1 or 2 games. It was just too hard to give up good seats after all this time. I agree with the posters above about seat relo being much better thus year. I was able to get home side seats on about the 40, 25 rows up, which is where I always wanted to be. Lots of folks must have failed to renew, as the last few years were bupkis (autocorrects to "Butkus") in terms of moving up. If Rex didn't win games, he at least put fannies in seats!

Bought a new Explorer week before opener last year, close to 25K on it in 9 months...so not too bad.

Be great if i could get Mr. Info to drive with us...but Mr. Snooty Pants only likes to fly :nana:

I've got tickets lined up. Just not bought them. So pissed Carolina sells tickets so high for the lower bowl and I can find them free foe the upper bowl. That's the Carolina way.

But I'll be in. Imagine the pregame and post game festivus will be at tavern on the tracks. I'll probably spend the weekend in Charlotte

Hey Paul,

Yep, figured I'd have to address some smart a$$ comments from you. :flirt:

Ok, here goes. Completely agree with you on driving vs flying from RIC as when you figure the airport stop & layover to BUF from RIC then it's nearly equal in time. I drive to DCA or IAD and take a direct flight. I am north of RVA so either of those are 90 mins. away. Drive up Sat morning to airport and back Sun night during football season and no traffic in either direction. 1.5 hrs of driving vs. 8 hrs...I will gladly take the 1.5 hrs. Fortunate that I have lots of FF miles from biz trips so I use those. Actually, I am driving up to Buffalo in July with a big SUV to pick up a bunch of apartment components as my nephew's wife will be doing an internship at the Library of Congress and relocating to NoVA. TBH, if the Bills are in the hunt at the end of the season, I will drive there. I have already selected games to attend for for 2017 and redeemed FF miles to be sure to get those flights. But I hold onto my tix later in the season in hopes that the Bills will still be in it. If they are, then too late to redeem FF miles and too expensive to fly so I would drive. Unfortunately, the Bills have dashed that hope by Thanksgiving. :sick:

Regarding Panthers game...maybe. I will be snooty again and will consider flying since RIC flies direct to CLT. The stadium is ~7 miles from the airport and either taxi, Uber, or Airport Sprinter will get you to the stadium relatively inexpensively and fairly quickly. 5 hrs of driving vs 1 hr flight. But I guess I would miss the banter of our conversation on the way there and back :w00t: so not sure just yet. Do you have FF miles to burn?

Yeah, no preseason or TO "home" games in my count. I absolutely refused to support that farce, and I love that it flopped right in Rogers' & Co. smug faces.

So I currently sit at 92 consecutive 'real' home games. Proud or ashamed? Not sure.... ;)

Proud. It's your record, so it's your rules. Mine is mine. And Kennys is his. I admire his fortitude, but I've got to wonder if there are times where he's considered ending his streak. That has to take a toll on someone traveling that much. I know I do it for work all year and there are times I'd rather just stay home.

Solid. You get my respect for any Bills related opinions that I'm sure you have.

Sweet! I'll be cashing that one in soon enough. I have far too many opinions on this team.

Long Island here (450 each way for a home game) We have had them for 35 years, When Dad passed away, I took them over. I make 2-3 games at the Ralph and usually 1 or 2 on the road.