Favorite movie about High School?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on Can't Buy Me Love.

This never fails to amuse me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzU4aEnnmc

Oh ****, I forgot about "Varsity Blues"...anyone? Anyone?

Lol, I forgot about that movie too. I was in high school when it came out and saw it back then. I remember it being pretty good. Will have to check it out again sometime.

North Dallas Forty was probably my favorite football themed movie though

I was going to say that, but I couldn't remember the name. And didn't want to post "That movie...with the guy...who's buying a telescope, but buys a girl instead."

'Cause of course, I key on the telescope purchase before anything else. :bag:

Eh...not the worst movie ever but cliched and generally lame. The 'evil' coach totally overplayed by Jon Voight.

You want a good HS football movie, you need to go with All the Right Moves.

This never fails to amuse me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzU4aEnnmc

Even the little brother character (Seth Green) was funny:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/23bc6ea4-38f3-4fe7-947c-043ce30a01a6

Eh...not the worst movie ever but cliched and generally lame. The 'evil' coach totally overplayed by Jon Voight.

Or Remember the Titans. But Varsity Blues had some comedy in it....small town football where every parent has an opinion on how to run the team. A microcosm of our favorite football team fanbase.

Or Remember the Titans. But Varsity Blues had some comedy in it....small town football where every parent has an opinion on how to run the team. A microcosm of our favorite football team fanbase.

Oh I agree VB had some humor and is a reasonable stop when flipping channels aimlessly on a Friday night. Especially for the hot teacher in the strip club scene. But the characters were all pretty silly.

I hated Remember the Titans.

that was too much drama to be high school

same with remember the titans. remember the titans had absolutely nothing of merit to it, as well, in a strictly film aspect.

I was going to say that, but I couldn't remember the name. And didn't want to post "That movie...with the guy...who's buying a telescope, but buys a girl instead."

'Cause of course, I key on the telescope purchase before anything else. :bag:

Years later when he became a big star for some TV show, I'd always say "you mean the geek from 'Can't Buy Me Love'?" and get annoyed looks.

Edited by KD in CA

that was too much drama to be high school

same with remember the titans. remember the titans had absolutely nothing of merit to it, as well, in a strictly film aspect.

Ask any guy here from TX and I bet they'll say Varsity Blues is an accurate portrayal of high school football down south. That's what made it entertaining IMO...they are rabid down there.

I'm a Denzel fan, so I'm partial to his work.

Overall yes I thought it was a good and realistic movie. The ending though I dont know just seemed a little too Hollywoodish?

Even the little brother character (Seth Green) was funny:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/23bc6ea4-38f3-4fe7-947c-043ce30a01a6

Yes he was!

Ask any guy here from TX and I bet they'll say Varsity Blues is an accurate portrayal of high school football down south. That's what made it entertaining IMO...they are rabid down there.

I'm a Denzel fan, so I'm partial to his work.

he killed it in the hunt for red october

I've always heard that was Friday Night Lights.

Overall yes I thought it was a good and realistic movie. The ending though I dont know just seemed a little too Hollywoodish?

I can live with the last 45 seconds being a little Hollywoodish so we can go home happy for Steph, compared to 2 hours of one cliched character and line after another in Remember the Titans.

Heathers was great.

Heathers is awesome

I liked Pump up the Volume as well.

One movie that you can just never find in Gleaming the Cube...loved that movie in the 80,s as well

Edited by plenzmd1