Tim Graham:Whaley wasted everyone's time.

I've said it in other postings that this is at least a three year project to get back into being a relevant team. I strongly disagree with those who believe that the Bills will be a playoff team this year. In my mind they are not close because this roster is simply too thin and lacks depth that a grinding season requires.

If the Bills draft a qb next year then that prospect is going to take at least another two to three years to get acclimated to the pro game. If the pressure gets too strong for a more immediate result then the free agent or trade market could also be an option to help this team become respectable.

I still strongly contend that the Bills made a big mistake not selecting either Watson or Mahomes in this year's draft. Avoiding an issue is not addressing an issue!

I agree with your assessment.

What should happen and what does happen in Buffalo are two entirely different things. I believe they pull the plug on Beane/McD in January 2019 if they have two losing seasons to start.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should happen and what does happen in Buffalo are two entirely different things. I believe they pull the plug on Beane/McD in January 2019 if they have two losing seasons to start.

After a full wipe and reset they absolutely cannot afford to reset in 2 years.

That would make absolutely no sense with any kind of long range vision in mind. Cannot see this as any kind of realistic scenario as their plans to remake the football department and roster would have barely taken hold two years in.

That would make absolutely no sense with any kind of long range vision in mind. Cannot see this as any kind of realistic scenario as their plans to remake the football department and roster would have barely taken hold two years in.

Why should moves make sense? What long term vision? This is about getting the fans to buy in. They won't be able to sell fans on McD if he loses and his defense is no good.

Why should moves make sense? What long term vision? This is about getting the fans to buy in. They won't be able to sell fans on McD if he loses and his defense is no good.

No it isn't. It's about a long term plan for success. Bringing in a new regime and getting rid of them after two seasons just isn't going to happen.

No it isn't. It's about a long term plan for success. Bringing in a new regime and getting rid of them after two seasons just isn't going to happen.

If the new guys are worse than Rex and Rob Ryan they should be shown the door as quickly as possible. No reason to stay with them if they are losers.

McDermott sold the Pegulas on winning this year. He brought back the veteran QB. It's on him to win now as he declined to rebuild.

Come on. He pushed EJ right till the end. "Whaley the martyr" is laughable. Your posting is ridiculous. For a guy that beats the drum for change, this defense of Whaley and QBs is comical.

Yeah, if anyone deserves any sympathy, it's Russ Brandon. His 2013 Master Plan to untarnished the brand was a complete disaster. :(

If the new guys are worse than Rex and Rob Ryan they should be shown the door as quickly as possible. No reason to stay with them if they are losers.

McDermott sold the Pegulas on winning this year. He brought back the veteran QB. It's on him to win now as he declined to rebuild.

The decision to bring in the new regime is about more than the next two seasons. But no one can tell you any different.

The decision to bring in the new regime is about more than the next two seasons. But no one can tell you any different.

The Pegulas are paying a lot of people not to work for them. The length of the contracts they signed is meaningless. Last two coaches Pegulas hired got 2 years or less and they were fired.

Edited by jeffismagic

It would seem that, in his mind, the Bills have gone 6-10 in 2017, passed on a QB in the '18 draft, and then gone 4-12 in 2018. Meanwhile Mahomes has won OROY, the 2017 Super Bowl, and was the 2017 Super Bowl MVP.

The Pegulas are paying a lot of people not to work for them. The length of the contracts they signed is meaningless. Last two coaches Pegulas hired got 2 years or less and they were fired.

Who's talking length of contract? The point is the necessary time to implement change. This the 1st GM-Coach combination that the Pegulas have directly hired and they'll give them three years at least.

You're off the mark. But that's okay. On this issue I'm in the corner of 26CornerBlitz. As was stated by him Pegula did a complete reconstruction, not a quick rehabbing.

Edited by JohnC

You're off the mark. But that's okay. On this issue I'm in the corner of 26CornerBlitz.

We're both guessing or extrapolating. The difference is I am using past performance of ownership as a guide and you and 26 are saying what you feel SHOULD happen.

If these guys are good none of this will matter. If they lose right out of the gate I believe this will be a hot topic.

Edited by jeffismagic

He could but he is so thinned skinned that he would be afraid to post it.

He was once challenged by a Bills fan about something he stated during a game, and his response was literally "You don't even follow me. Go hump your fist."

He truly is the Donald Trump of sports writers. Skin so thin he should have a reservoir tip.

We're both guessing or extrapolating. The difference is I am using past performance of ownership as a guide and you and 26 are saying what you feel SHOULD happen.

If these guys are good none of this will matter. If they lose right out of the gate I believe this will be a hot topic.

You're assuming that present trends continue. The "trend" in question has two data points, neither of which are identical random experiments as compared to eachother, or as compared to data point 3. This is how people with flawed comprehension of a subject matter convince themselves that they are a knowledgeable expert.

Edited by SoFFacet

You're assuming that present trends continue. The "trend" in question has two data points. This is how people with flawed comprehension of a subject matter convince themselves that they are a knowledgeable expert.

2 data points is greater than zero.

Do you really believe that the reactive owner is thinking he is involved in a quick fix with a completely remade football operation? Everything was replaced from the previous regime. The scouting department was summarily dismissed; the front office was wiped clean and the HC completely took over the operation before the GM was even officially fired.

Pegula is not a fool. He wanted a new slate and he got it. Some might consider him incompetent as an owner but he isn't a fool. From an organizational standpoint this is a start-over. It's not a complete start-over for the roster but it will steadily be culled. He knows it's going to take time because that is the stark reality that he placed himself in when he went full buy in with the wrestling coach.