Best Food To Take To Work For Lunch?

Tiberius

Don't hate me because I'm well-fed.

We have catered lunch 1-2 times a week, but otherwise the kitchen is completely stocked for breakfast, lunch, snacks, beer, booze, etc. Super convenient and much better than spending $10/day going to the deli like I used to do.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meant to post earlier

i steam a **** ton of vegetables and then freeze them in 2 cup glad containers. i get out a week at a time and take them to work. i have mixtures of spices i have or different sauces if i feel like really being crazing.

whilst i am at work i figure limit my options to healthy food.

i also occasionally make fruit mixes to go along with this. if i'm working out heavy and not just being a heavy fatass like i am now i will do the fruit mixture in the afternoon before exercise.

I had pickled beets today. Variety is good. Not sure what time lunch is ? 3am or 12 noon. Guess I do 2 lunches

Love me some pickled beets. Are they the baby beet variety or the sliced ones?

My parents used to make pickled beets, they may still. I'll have to check when I'm there this weekend.

We have catered lunch 1-2 times a week, but otherwise the kitchen is completely stocked for breakfast, lunch, snacks, beer, booze, etc. Super convenient and much better than spending $10/day going to the deli like I used to do.

Oh, it's a huge money-saver. Such a benefit.

Yet, the classless young people here still find reason to complain about it. It's free food! I need to print out a life-sized picture of a starving African child and just stand it up next to the lunch counter.

Oh, it's a huge money-saver. Such a benefit.

Yet, the classless young people here still find reason to complain about it. It's free food! I need to print out a life-sized picture of a starving African child and just stand it up next to the lunch counter.

Ha, much like unlimited vacation time, there is a reason for such " perks" , and it is not all about employee engagement. Stay in office for lunch? Prolly take 20 minutes as opposed to an hour break. 40 minutes a day of productivity worth a chit ton more than the cost of the lunch.

Unlimited vacation and time off means no liability on the books for unused leave, and no payout when you move to another job.

I work out of house, had a great BLT yesterday with the last of my DiCamillo bread....may be worth the 8 hour drive just to grab anoth r 12 loaves

Ha, much like unlimited vacation time, there is a reason for such " perks" , and it is not all about employee engagement. Stay in office for lunch? Prolly take 20 minutes as opposed to an hour break. 40 minutes a day of productivity worth a chit ton more than the cost of the lunch.

Unlimited vacation and time off means no liability on the books for unused leave, and no payout when you move to another job.

I work out of house, had a great BLT yesterday with the last of my DiCamillo bread....may be worth the 8 hour drive just to grab anoth r 12 loaves

For non-salary, it's mandatory to still take an hour lunch...

Okay-- you guys motivated me to pack my lunch today. Thanks a lot.

Bringing my lunch is one of the better decisions I've made in my adult life. I am no longer spending way too much money for a way too big a portion of pedestrian, waistline expanding food. I still go out for lunch about once a week to get out of the office and be social but now it feels like a treat.

Yup, which is helpful. My job is defined by responsibilities, not hours at a desk. Except for the rare occasion I go out to a restaurant, I have no interest in wasting an hour in the middle of the day eating lunch.

Unlimited vacation policy definitely doesn't work for everyone. You need to be organized enough and confident enough to use it, because HR isn't going to come around and ask when you are taking vacation.

Sandwich (changes between chicken, turkey, ham), maybe a side of something, and some seasonal fruit.

My favorite Chinese place closed up recently - Helen's Asian Kitchen. Best dang dumplings in CBUS. :cry:

Helen just didn't sound Asian enough?

(My wife is a Lebanese Helen, but that's easier to buy into.)

Helen just didn't sound Asian enough?

(My wife is a Lebanese Helen, but that's easier to buy into.)

Her husband is not doing well health wise and she was spending too much time at the restaurant.

JR - Little Dragons is on the radar.

Her husband is not doing well health wise and she was spending too much time at the restaurant.

JR - Little Dragons is on the radar.

Let me know how it is! If it's terrible, just remember that the last time I went there was 14 years ago! Though their yelp reviews are great--4 stars.

Not sure where you live, but when we used to live in Columbus in 2003, we would hit up little dragons on Morse road. My buddy from china was shocked at how authentic it was( they have a really authentic menu and a more Americanized one):

http://www.littledragonchinese.com

Will have to keep that in mind. Don't get Chinese a lot but when we do it's usually from Hunan House on 161 or The Great Asian on Sunbury Rd. Both pretty good.