Ryan Fitzpatrick Signing with the Bucs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is good for about four games per season. Any more than that and his weak arm combined with his daredevil attitude make him a turnover machine. Sounds like a good backup to me.

Good guy and good backup.

Ron and JP on Tampa sports talk radio said that Fitz has experience (true) and won't turn the ball over. I immediately knew they were talking about a different Harvard grad NFL QB named Fitzpatrick.

Doesn't anyone do their homework. Fitz is a turnover machine at the worst times.

Are you sure about that? There was an article about brainiack Fitz(and I mean that as a positive) that his class of friends from Harvard were doing better financially than he was and he wonders if he made the correct career choice.(throw in CTE risk and it is more career choice remorse)

Tough crowd to compete against in these Harvard graduating classes.

To be fair I think the article was before he signed his first mega deal with Buffalo in 2011.

Poor guy, you really have to feel bad for him.

His arm strength is adequate and good enough to be successful. His problem is decision making. He throws a lot of bad picks because he tried to force too many balls.

He is a gunslinger rather than trying to be extra careful and throw less yards but less turnovers like other QBs.

Which is best depends on team.

I'm impressed that a guy with very humble physical talents like Fitz has been able to enjoy such a long and well-paid NFL career.

That tells you the state of QB's in the league these past years.

Fitz would be a solid backup in any era. He very easily could have been a Frank Reich type backup. Not a great starter, but about as good as it gets as a backup.

...after the asinine OBD extension, Brandon offered him backup money to renegotiate....said, "nope I will get starter money elsewhere"......so the guy has wallowed around the league yet still exploiting paycheck after paycheck in a market where the position has yielded a handful of good ones over the last decade+ versus a truckload of garbage that should be destined for Waste Management on Monday....perhaps "Harvard Exploitation Economics" is working.............

Fitz would be a solid backup in any era. He very easily could have been a Frank Reich type backup. Not a great starter, but about as good as it gets as a backup.

Fitz can LOSE you a game in a matter of SECONDS.... You can't have a pick-machine like that finish a game where you're up by 10 going into the 4th... You'll lose by 2 TD's! -One of which is SURE to be a pick-6!!!

The ONLY reason I'd have Fitz on the field is for his hard snap count.... It beats all... Best aspect of his game, IMO.....

Fitz can LOSE you a game in a matter of SECONDS.... You can't have a pick-machine like that finish a game where you're up by 10 going into the 4th... You'll lose by 2 TD's! -One of which is SURE to be a pick-6!!!

The ONLY reason I'd have Fitz on the field is for his hard snap count.... It beats all... Best aspect of his game, IMO.....

I don't think you understand what a backup qb is. Frank Reich was 5-15 in his career.

...EJ's claim to fame, right??........should we bring 'em back if that is a noteworthy value??..............

...EJ's claim to fame, right??........should we bring 'em back if that is a noteworthy value??..............

Disagree 100%... From the pool of terrible QB's in this league, Fitz has BY FAR the BEST hard snap count... I'll argue that to my grave... :lol:

I don't think you understand what a backup qb is. Frank Reich was 5-15 in his career.

Ok... So explain to me what it is backup QB does, in your opinion.. Then tell me how someone who leads the league in INT's year after year slides into that role....