Rick Dennison interview on WGR

To the points above - this should be an offense tailored especially for Watkins' strengths. He was totally a YAC guy at Clemson. Sure he's got a full route tree, but he has been underutilized on screens, end-arounds, and quick slants.

quite annoyingly so

Tyrod will learn how to do it, or he will be siting on Sundays watching TJ Yates do it

This has been my preaching for a good while now.

We All will find out what Taylor can do this year.

Timing routes.

He simply must throw the ball.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a little play action?! The shotgun "play-action" is always so easily read.

Never seen peterman play. Don't really want to at this point... maybe next year or if people are injured.

I hear that. And I'm curious to see if Dennison trusts TT with his back to the defense while executing a play action fake from a snap under center. It's a staple of the Kubiak offense after all.

I hear that. And I'm curious to see if Dennison trusts TT with his back to the defense while executing a play action fake from a snap under center. It's a staple of the Kubiak offense after all.

It'll be paired with rollouts, to start at least, so he can be comfortable with an escape route.

Hes a stop gap qb..the bills have virtually no shot at the playoffs let

alone the division. they can spin the nonsense any way they want.

Look at tt's W-L record vs winning teams. Tells the story.

I mean really when was the last quality bills win, gb in the marrone era?

Edited by Albwan

Tyrod has Zay, Sammy and Clay. If he can't effectively throw the ball this year, it's on him. Period. No more excuses. I can't even find a clip of Zay dropping a pass. He's got his weapons, time to make something happen or move on.

Hes a stop gap qb..the bills have virtually no shot at the playoffs let

alone the division. they can spin the nonsense any way they want.

Look at tt's W-L record vs winning teams. Tells the story.

I mean really when was the last quality bills win, gb in the marrone era?

Did you know that the playoff QB's from last year were a combined 5-23 when their respective defenses gave up 30 points or more? The Bills gave up 30 or more points six times last year. If only the defense last year was a "stop gap".....

Did you know that the playoff QB's from last year were a combined 5-23 when their respective defenses gave up 30 points or more? The Bills gave up 30 or more points six times last year. If only the defense last year was a "stop gap".....

Everyone has been fooled into thinking it's QB and QB only but even the best can't overcome awful defensive performances. And the Dumbo brothers turned the best into one of the worst in quick fashion.

I think you guys need to listen more carefully to what Dennison said.

He said the QB in his offense has to make pre-snap reads to get the team into the right play. He doesn't have to make a lot of post-snap reads. The play and the matchups that are apparent at the line of scrimmage determines where the ball is going. It doesn't have anything to do with Tyrod seeing the field scanning the defense as the play evolves, etc. It's come to the line, see what the defense is, take the snap, throw the ball. It's how KC and a lot of teams play.

He said he knows Tyrod can do it. How does he know? Well, he didn't say, but he had him in Baltimore and he's worked with him for a couple of months. He's probably watched Taylor work out. He knows Tyrod CAN do it; it's just a question of whether he WILL do it. So discussion about whether this is coachable, which Dennison answered, really isn't relevant. Obviously it's teachable - take the ball and throw it to THAT guy. The QB just has to get the team into the right play.

Although at first in response to the question about whether this is a competition, he said everyone competes, late in the interview he admitted that one of their objectives will be to get Tyrod a lot of reps. Tyrod is the guy. We'll see if he can do what Dennison wants.

It really is this simple. Everything else is jusr randomness. This is exactly what can be taken from that interview. If you think anything else you are gonna be very disappointed.

Playoff teams giving up 30+ ppg

NE 1

Mia 6

Pit 4

Hou 2

Kan 1

Oak 4

Dal 2

NYG 1

GB 7 (40+ 3x)

Det 4

Atl 7

Sea 3

I guess you can still make the playoffs giving up 30 ppg if you have a QB that can over come that.

Shootouts happen this day and age in the NFL either get a QB that can chuck it all over the place or be left behind.

Playoff teams giving up 30+ ppg

NE 1

Mia 6

Pit 4

Hou 2

Kan 1

Oak 4

Dal 2

NYG 1

GB 7 (40+ 3x)

Det 4

Atl 7

Sea 3

I guess you can still make the playoffs giving up 30 ppg if you have a QB that can over come that.

Shootouts happen this day and age in the NFL either get a QB that can chuck it all over the place or be left behind.

Or in Miami's case, with only a minute or so in the game, just give it to your RB and watch him rumble 60 yards to set up the go ahead score.

To a certain extent I agree with you but notice that 75% of those teams had less 30+ point defensive efforts than the Bills. And two of the three teams that had more than the Bills had Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers under center.

Edited by Bills757

I think it would be foolish to stop doing the only thing Buffalo did well over the last 2 seasons.

Great we've led the league in Rushing two straight years.

Golf clap because our opponents will gladly trade 160 yards rushing for 190 yards passing and 1 TD in the Air a game.

We beat up on bad teams and get outscored by the good ones.

We can't pass, which means we can't keep up with the good teams. Sure we can put 40+ on the 49ers or 30 on the Rams, but our 23 isn't good enough against real teams.

1-7 against teams with winning records. Playing Ground and Pound has gotten us nowhere. And Dennison said today that its the identity of this area and team to run the football and limit mistakes. This is Jauron's mentality, it was Marrone's mentality, it was Rex's mentality and its now McDermott's mentality.

How about get a real QB. Draft one at #10 and see if can do better there. LeSean McCoy is turning 29 this year. How many 1,500 yard seasons does he left where we can ride him? AP had 2,000 yards a few seasons ago and got bounced right away in the Playoffs.

So much talk about "fixing the offense" and so on.....how about we do something REALLY crazy......maybe fix the defense.....you know, the unit that was suppose to be the bully, shut opponents down so the offense could limit turnovers, manage their side and win ball games. Didn't the Bills finish top 10 in scoring offense? Weren't they third best in the league (offensively) in the turnover department?

I think you guys need to listen more carefully to what Dennison said.

He said the QB in his offense has to make pre-snap reads to get the team into the right play. He doesn't have to make a lot of post-snap reads. The play and the matchups that are apparent at the line of scrimmage determines where the ball is going. It doesn't have anything to do with Tyrod seeing the field scanning the defense as the play evolves, etc. It's come to the line, see what the defense is, take the snap, throw the ball. It's how KC and a lot of teams play.

He said he knows Tyrod can do it. How does he know? Well, he didn't say, but he had him in Baltimore and he's worked with him for a couple of months. He's probably watched Taylor work out. He knows Tyrod CAN do it; it's just a question of whether he WILL do it. So discussion about whether this is coachable, which Dennison answered, really isn't relevant. Obviously it's teachable - take the ball and throw it to THAT guy. The QB just has to get the team into the right play.

Although at first in response to the question about whether this is a competition, he said everyone competes, late in the interview he admitted that one of their objectives will be to get Tyrod a lot of reps. Tyrod is the guy. We'll see if he can do what Dennison wants.

Shaw, do you honestly think Tyrod can win you Playoff games?

I mean really be a Top 10 QB that wins Playoff games?

Because Dennison sure sounded like what he said he was. An old-school offensive line coach that wants 3 yards and a cloud of dust, dumping off. Playing safe and limiting turnovers. He sounds like a conservative, wait for the other team to make a mistake Coach.

Tyrod is not going to be given freedom to change many passing plays, mostly run plays if he can change.

The Bills treat Tyrod like a backup. Because that's what he is. No amount of Coaching, or quality of Coaching is going to change him.

Great we've led the league in Rushing two straight years.

Golf clap because our opponents will gladly trade 160 yards rushing for 190 yards passing and 1 TD in the Air a game.

We beat up on bad teams and get outscored by the good ones.

We can't pass, which means we can't keep up with the good teams. Sure we can put 40+ on the 49ers or 30 on the Rams, but our 23 isn't good enough against real teams.

1-7 against teams with winning records. Playing Ground and Pound has gotten us nowhere. And Dennison said today that its the identity of this area and team to run the football and limit mistakes. This is Jauron's mentality, it was Marrone's mentality, it was Rex's mentality and its now McDermott's mentality.

How about get a real QB. Draft one at #10 and see if can do better there. LeSean McCoy is turning 29 this year. How many 1,500 yard seasons does he left where we can ride him? AP had 2,000 yards a few seasons ago and got bounced right away in the Playoffs.

10 th best scoring last year.

Shaw, do you honestly think Tyrod can win you Playoff games?

I mean really be a Top 10 QB that wins Playoff games?

Because Dennison sure sounded like what he said he was. An old-school offensive line coach that wants 3 yards and a cloud of dust, dumping off. Playing safe and limiting turnovers. He sounds like a conservative, wait for the other team to make a mistake Coach.

Tyrod is not going to be given freedom to change many passing plays, mostly run plays if he can change.

The Bills treat Tyrod like a backup. Because that's what he is. No amount of Coaching, or quality of Coaching is going to change him.

I believe he can. He's a dynamic player. I'm hoping he takes that final step.

I would seriously poo my pants if I ever saw Tyrod do a 3 step drop, plant, and throw. It's literally never happened. He likes to bounce around, pat the ball a few times, run to the side, point, scramble a little, and then throw. I want to see Tyrod on the list of QB's with the fastest average time in the pocket, up there with Brady at less than 2 seconds. I don't think he can do it. Yates and Peterman are more suited for that style of offense. Tyrod thinks he's in college and can run around and make people miss and turn a simple play into a highlight reel. He's either going to sink or swim in this offense and if he can't execute the play then they are going to move on from him pretty quickly

New Coaching staff and Front Office. I don't think they screw around into the season if they think one of the others are quicker.

10 th best scoring last year.

Because of the running game, the passing game didn't contribute squat.

Or in Miami's case, with only a minute or so in the game, just give it to your RB and watch him rumble 60 yards to set up the go ahead score.

To a certain extent I agree with you but notice that 75% of those teams had less 30+ point defensive efforts than the Bills. And two of the three teams that had more than the Bills had Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers under center.

I've been told numerous times by numerous posters that YARDS don't mean anything when it comes to where Tyrod was ranked as far as a passer.

Therefor yards from any player position don't mean anything regardless of how many are accumulated.

So the fact that the Bills gave up 3-200 yards rushers is completely irrelevant, as again, yards don't mean anything because the CoT is always right.