Rick Dennison interview on WGR

Since 2010 the primary receiver in the Kubiak/Dennison offense has gotten 133 targets or more every year but one and 145 or more 4 or the 7 years. Sammy's highest targets in a season ever was 128. His highest was 95 under Greg Roman.

I saw this as well and find it eye opening. if Watkins is healthy for 16 games this year and this approach is followed it should be a very big statistical year.

Does anyone really think, that in this system, if both Taylor and Watkins play 16 games together with McCoy, that putting up points will be a problem? No way!

Yep. More Dinosaur Football.

I guess you'll be watching something else and posting on the Chiefs board! :rolleyes:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this as well and find it eye opening. if Watkins is healthy for 16 games this year and this approach is followed it should be a very big statistical year.

Does anyone really think, that in this system, if both Taylor and Watkins play 16 games together with McCoy, that putting up points will be a problem? No way!

I guess you'll be watching something else and posting on the Chiefs board! :rolleyes:

All i could think was - if we draft Pat Mahomes... is he going to blindly defend him til the end of time if he stinks?

In all honesty though, I thought he was the best of the bunch... but i also don't think tyrod is bad. So what do i know?

Yeah the team with the 7th rated rushing attack beat the team with the 5th rated rushing attack in the super bowl.

Just pass all the time! It works! Ask Kyle Shanahan and Matt Ryan...

Also - wasn't he the OC of the team that won the super bowl in 2015?

Dennison is a Curtis Modkins. Kubiak called the plays. We shall see if he is better than A Lynn.

speaking of dinosaur football ... that Chefs offense will put you to sleep Edited by YoloinOhio

Dennison is a Curtis Modkins. Kubiak called the plays. We shall see if he is better than A Lynn.

How many yards passing and rushing does TT get if he and Watkins play 16 games together?

I'll say 4000 passing and 600 rushing? You?

speaking of dinosaur football ... that Chefs offense will put you to sleep

Yeah for sure. They have amazed me with how fortunate they have been in recent years. I keep thinking it is going to catch up to them and it doesn't. Maybe it really is Great Coaching.

All i could think was - if we draft Pat Mahomes... is he going to blindly defend him til the end of time if he stinks?

In all honesty though, I thought he was the best of the bunch... but i also don't think tyrod is bad. So what do i know?

You know alot because many NFL people have said he is a good football player. I'd just like to see what he does with a healthy Watkins this year. :D

Edited by horned dogs

1, hop, slide, throw. he did release it faster there (EXTREMELY RARE) but he had poor footwork. I'm talking about 1, 2, 3 (plant back foot), unleash it. he has never made a timing throw like that maybe in his life

That was a faster release than a standard dropback. Maybe you should focus a little more on the result.

See above: biggest issue is lack of targets when he's on the field. A relatively distant second is his availability.

Well... Not really. Being available is a prerequisite for getting targets.

I'm certainly not arguing with your point about Sammy being better than Stevie. That's obviously true. I just don't think a lack of targets is more of a detriment to his production than his injuries are. When he plays, he gets receptions (i.e more than zero). When he doesn't, he doesn't (i.e. zero).

How many yards passing and rushing does TT get if he and Watkins play 16 games together?

I'll say 4000 passing and 600 rushing? You?

Yeah for sure. They have amazed me with how fortunate they have been in recent years. I keep thinking it is going to catch up to them and it doesn't. Maybe it really is Great Coaching.

You know alot because many NFL people have said he is a good football player. I'd just like to see what he does with a healthy Watkins this year. :D

200 yards passing a game. So 3,200 passing yards if healthy.

Dude...

http://www.cover1.net/2017/03/tyrod-taylors-2016-passing-campaign-misinterpreted-misused/

"Statistics show Tyrod Taylor is a capable quick-game quarterback. On the season, Taylor completed roughly 65 percent of his throws and had an accuracy rating of 79.1 percent when throwing quick-game off of a 3-step drop. The Bills’ offense motioned 33 percent of the time while they had a quick-game concept play called. The quick game allowed Taylor to diagnose the defensive coverage pre-snap and find the correct receiver to throw the football to post-snap. The quick game is an effective way to pick up a decent amount of yards on early downs. Some of Taylor’s best passing games were when he was efficient in the 3-step passing game (See above chart)."

Thank you for pointing our when nonsense is spouted.

I want to believe him but I'm not sure if it is. It seems like it's more of an internal make up of the player that's really hard to break.

Did you hear the WGR segment with Sam Wyche coaching Bledsoe to get the ball out quicker? Using the blown horn as the alarm. Didn't help at all. I forgot about those days.

This is where I stand too. He's going into his 7th season. What was he doing up until now? Was no one coaching him properly? I doubt it.

Edited by vincec

That was a faster release than a standard dropback. Maybe you should focus a little more on the result.

If he was the top QB in the league and releasing the ball the fastest then he might be on to something. He's not. And a big reason is his timing. His footwork is non existent. In this new offense if he can't get the timing and footwork down then he wont be playing. The sandlot style running around and doing whatever you want won't cut it

This is where I stand too. He's going into his 7th season. What was he doing up until now? Was no one coaching him properly? I doubt it.

Yes, he already had Dennison as a coach in Baltimore. So I don't expect some new magic to be unleashed this year.

Yeah the team with the 7th rated rushing attack beat the team with the 5th rated rushing attack in the super bowl.

Just pass all the time! It works! Ask Kyle Shanahan and Matt Ryan...

Also - wasn't he the OC of the team that won the super bowl in 2015?

And the Bills had the #1 rush attack and not close to the playoffs.

They both had a passing game to compliment the running game, way more balanced offense, something the Bills really lacked and it showed.

200 yards passing a game. So 3,200 passing yards if healthy.

He had 3,000 passing yards last year without Sammy and with arguably the worst receiving corps in the league. During the second half of the 2015 season, they were near the top of the league in QB/WR pairs.

I mean... Either you don't bother to actually inform yourself before making these inane comments, or you know the facts and just willfully ignore them.

He had 3,000 passing yards last year without Sammy and with arguably the worst receiving corps in the league. During the second half of the 2015 season, they were near the top of the league in QB/WR pairs.

I mean... Either you don't bother to actually inform yourself before making these inane comments, or you know the facts and just willfully ignore them.

How many yards did Tyrod have with a healthy Sammy in 2015?