Tyrod: Sammy has "matured"....has a "new mindset"

Interesting comments from QB about his WR

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/18/tyrod-taylor-says-sammy-watkins-has-new-mindset-knows-what-he-wants/

While talking to the media on Thursday afternoon, Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor spoke about Watkins and how he has matured over the past couple of months.

The maturation process has definitely sped up for him. Hes older in the league, he knows what it takes, he knows where he wants to get and hes working towards that, even down to eating right and putting the right things in his body.

Watkins character has seemingly shined during his recent recovery, something that his teammates have taken note of.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he'll scream at Tyrod if he isn't on pace for 80+ catches :)

yes I agree... his agent won't have that. Fortunately I saw a stat that Dennison's WR1 gets a large % of targets in all of his previous offenses. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have matured in my job over the years, too. This is expected. That being said, I don't think Sammy's maturity ever limited him as much as his offensive coordinator, coach, QB, health and surrounding cast has. This is a fluff piece.

"the past couple months"? Seems like a pretty small recent window?

In general thought this whole comment was very strange. Never had heard of Sammy's maturity or character being held in question prior?

he'll scream at Tyrod if he isn't on pace for 80+ catches :)

He better. He had to hold a throw me the damn ball presser in 2015 and that yielded some results.

Think not having his option not picked up has anything to do with this?

I think the Bills are idiots if they let him out the door.

In what world is Sammy a bust?

Given his draft status, his productivity needs to at least match those of the pro bowl receivers taken after him in the 2014 draft. As I said before, he needs to stay on the field (injuries are a huge part of this equation, as we all know). If he doesn't have a big year, do you think he will be a Bill in 2018?

I have matured in my job over the years, too. This is expected. That being said, I don't think Sammy's maturity ever limited him as much as his offensive coordinator, coach, QB, health and surrounding cast has. This is a fluff piece.

Yep.

I guess this is better than when Stevie Johnson declared that he was going to start working out.

You continue to outperform your previous posts!

Ok so no more "little job" rants. Great.

Will you play football this year?

Imo

I want to know the answer to that too. Will you play football if you are medicall cleared to play football like last year or will you not play football.?