DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

susan-rice-five-shows.jpg

EXPLOSIVE RICE MEMO DECLASSIFIED:

We have known for more than two years that, on the day of President Trump’s inauguration and just minutes before she left the White House for the last time, Susan Rice, then President Obama’s National Security Adviser, wrote a memo to herself about “Russia.” Specifically, she documented the fact, presumably for her later protection should the matter become public, that on January 5, 2017, President Obama had directed her to lie to her incoming counterpart, General Michael Flynn, about the Russia investigation that was then ongoing, in which General Flynn himself was, unbeknownst to him, one of the targets. This deception violated all historic norms, but it was vital if the Obama holdovers (James Comey et al.) were to be able to continue their “Russia investigation,” a bare pretext for unraveling Trump’s presidency, post-inauguration.

Read the whole thing.

Flashbacks:

“I know nothing about this. I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today. And let’s back up and recall where we have been. The president of the United States accused his predecessor, President Obama, of wiretapping Trump Tower during the campaign. Nothing of the sort occurred, and we have heard that confirmed by the director of the FBI, who also pointed out that no president, no White House can order the surveillance of another American citizen.”

—“Susan Rice: The world wonders and worries if the White House can be trusted,” PBS News Hour, March 22, 2017.

“Rick Grenell is one of the most nasty, dishonest people I’ve ever encountered.” Fmr. National Security Adviser Susan Rice slams President Trump’s pick as acting DNI Richard Grenell, calling him a “hack and a shill.”

MSNBC, February 21st, 2020.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Can someone tell me why Susan Rice was repeatedly using the phrase ‘by the book’ in these memos?  Unless of course the Obama Administration was in the habit of doing things NOT by the book. Did she use this phrase in EVERY memo she wrote about every subject, or just about this one topic? I go to a lot of meetings in my line of work and in the past 40 years I have NEVER reminded my staff not to break the law! Never.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can someone tell me why Susan Rice was repeatedly using the phrase ‘by the book’ in these memos?  Unless of course the Obama Administration was in the habit of doing things NOT by the book. Did she use this phrase in EVERY memo she wrote about every subject, or just about this one topic? I go to a lot of meetings in my line of work and in the past 40 years I have NEVER reminded my staff not to break the law! Never.

Lots of people have wondered about that. The memo was odd (to say the least). As an attempt to cover CYA it simply highlighted that there was something being covered up.

Why was the paragraph declassified yesterday classified in the first place? <_<

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) questioned Rice about why she sent a note detailing a conversation she observed on Jan. 5 between then-FBI Director James Comey and then-President Obama.

"It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation," they wrote in a letter to Rice.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Lots of people have wondered about that. The memo was odd (to say the least). As an attempt to cover CYA it simply highlighted that there was something being covered up.

Why was the paragraph declassified yesterday classified in the first place? <_<

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) questioned Rice about why she sent a note detailing a conversation she observed on Jan. 5 between then-FBI Director James Comey and then-President Obama.

"It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation," they wrote in a letter to Rice.

</snip>

There’s so much classification going on in our government that it’s become a tool to avoid accountability. NONE of this internal chatter should be classified! 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly. If you believe the memo, not only did Obama begin the meeting with stressing that everything be done "by the book," but he then went on to stress it again before talking about anything substantive. And, Comey, the head of the FBI, rather than be insulted he would actually have to be told such a thing, twice, instead begins his response to Obama by confirming that his Agency is proceeding "by the book."

Either (1) they had some real issues with people doing things they shouldn't have been doing or (2) this memo is complete bulls**t.

Actually, the two options are not mutually exclusive and my guess is that both are true.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From Susan Rice's email:

"Comey said he does have some concerns that incoming NSA Flynn is speaking frequently with. Russian Ambassador Kislyak. Comey said that could be an issue as it relates to sharing sensitive information. President Obama asked if Comey was saying that the NSC should not pass sensitive information related to Russia to Flynn. Comey replied 'potentially.' He added that he has no indication thus far that Flynn has passed classified information to Kislyak, but he noted that “the level of comrnunication is unusual.”

1) Crossfire Razor was a counterintelligence investigation of Michael Flynn opened in August of 2016 under the "umbrella" case of Crossfire hurricane. The case was opened for almost 5 months when, on 04 Jan 2017, the day before this meeting, the Case Agent submitted a closing memo to the file stating that, over the 5 month investigation, there had been no information developed indicating Flynn had done anything wrong, that Flynn was no longer a viable target as part of the larger CROSSFIRE HURRICANE umbrella case, and that there was no  information on which to predicate further investigative effort. Yet, Comey tells Obama that there may be a potential problem with trusting Flynn with sensitive information.

2) Apparently, ignoring his own investigation showing no evidence whatsoever that Flynn could not be trusted with sensitive information, Comey justifies his concern by citing "frequent" and "unusual level" of contact between Flynn and the Kislyak. At the time of this meeting, on 5 Jan 2017, the FBI was aware of communications between Flynn and Kislyak on one day, 29 Dec 2016.

Yeah, I'm sure everything this group was doing with Flynn was "by the book."

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 4

General Flynn's third tweet since his motion (third total since 2017): 

(Smattering from overnight/this morning)

Flynn's sister: 

Rice's speech (worth a re-visit)

Cleveland: 

Flynn's counsel (the linked thread is worth the read)

What "Russia" was really about -- covering up years of illegal spying for political purposes:

Plus Lee's latest: 

Collins from this morning: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Like I said, half the country (maybe more) just doesn't care about #Obamagate and that is proven by the posters in here that hate Trump.

The rule of law only applies to Trump and the people that are his family, friends and colleagues.

It's a BIG problem.

We can only hope that what Barr said about Obama and Biden are a major smokescreen and Barr is just playing poker awaiting his next move.

It's like the left is Belichick and America is the St. Louis Rams.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Exactly. If you believe the memo, not only did Obama begin the meeting with stressing that everything be done "by the book," but he then went on to stress it again before talking about anything substantive. And, Comey, the head of the FBI, rather than be insulted he would actually have to be told such a thing, twice, instead begins his response to Obama by confirming that his Agency is proceeding "by the book."

Either (1) they had some real issues with people doing things they shouldn't have been doing or (2) this memo is complete bulls**t.

Actually, the two options are not mutually exclusive and my guess is that both are true.

So General, if the soldiers were told not to give the Private a Code Red, then why did he have to be flown off the Base?  (A Few Good Men reference)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So General, if the soldiers were told not to give the Private a Code Red, then why did he have to be flown off the Base?  (A Few Good Men reference)

Love that movie!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The O six hundred WAS the first flight off the base.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Love that movie!

It's the only good Tom Cruise movie....but my reference actually applies here.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The O six hundred WAS the first flight off the base.

The question is which of these Obama Clowns is going to go full Markinson with a silver plated revolver.

• Like (+1) 2

So according to a letter written by Susan Rice's attorney, Rice "created a permanent record" of the 05 Jan 2017 meeting because of "the importance and sensitivity of the subject matter, and upon the advice of the White House Counsel’s Office." And the reason it took her over two weeks to do so was "because that was the first opportunity she had to do so."

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2018-02-23 Rice to CEG LG (Russia Investigation Email).pdf

Too busy for over two weeks to write an email of less than 300 words - the equivalent of a half of a page? Hmmmm...

I think, even to the most casual observer, the email was created to cover the a$$es of members of the Administration, while hanging Comey out to dry. 

Comey has been strangely quiet on this email and I wonder if he is feeling lonely these days as he is watching all his friends jump off the ship....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1