Balance of OTA's and Mini Camp

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Rodak's observations. Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

Wrapping up Bills minicamp Wednesday, the main takeaway was a second practice this week in which Tyrod Taylor struggled with his accuracy. It's only June and Taylor is learning from his third offensive coordinator in three seasons, so it is too early to sound the alarm. But Taylor, who rarely throws interceptions, has been picked off twice in two minicamp practices. His accuracy has not been as sharp as what I've seen from him in past seasons.

Bills QB Cardale Jones' first attempt at 2-minute drill Wednesday ends on first play, a telegraphed interception over the middle to first-year LB Jacob Lindsey.

ESPN Staff Writer

QB Tyrod Taylor's second 2-minute drill Wednesday ends on an overthrown fourth-down pass to TE Nick O'Leary. It's been a rough minicamp for Taylor, who hasn't been accurate.

Not only are Bills giving some RB Mike Tolbert some carries out of the backfield, but he's being used as pass-protecting RB in shotgun during two-minute drill with QB Tyrod Taylor and first team offense Wednesday.

Bills No. 2 quarterback T.J. Yates looked sharp Wednesday running the 2-minute drill with the second-team offense. He hit short timing routes to WRs Walter Powell and Rod Streater, as well as TE Logan Thomas, to advance the ball. He ended the drill on a touchdown pass to TE Nick O'Leary after WR Philly Brown dropped an easy would-be touchdown.

ESPN Staff Writer

Tyrod Taylor's 44-second drill in Bills minicamp Wednesday ends on two incompletions, the first of which was a would-be first down that was dropped by second-round pick Zay Jones.

Bills WR Sammy Watkins is taking part in 11-on-11 red zone drill Wednesday. He made catch across middle of the field before fumbling short of the goal line; it was recovered by the defense.

Tyrod Taylor throws his second interception of minicamp. Bills QB picked off by safety Jordan Poyer on pass intended for TE Charles Clay at the goal line in red zone drill.

RB LeSean McCoy (stomach virus) and DT Kyle Williams (neck stiffness) have returned to Bills minicamp practice Wednesday.

Tyrod struggling in mini camp, 0-16 confirmed.

I'd be curious to know how fast he's getting the ball off. If they're trying to break him of waiting so long to throw the ball and anticipate routes/throws, it could be why he's being more careless with the ball.

Or just rusty.

I'd be curious to know how fast he's getting the ball off. If they're trying to break him of waiting so long to throw the ball and anticipate routes/throws, it could be why he's being more careless with the ball.

Or just rusty.

Combination of working on throwing in rhythm and developing chemistry with the new WR group.

Micah Hyde: "Every Day We Are Getting Better" (3:47)
Bills Safety Micah Hyde addressed the media following practice topics include; playing in a new defensive scheme, adapting to Head Coach Sean McDermott's vision, and playing along side Safety Jordan Poyer.

Jonathan Williams: "I Am Excited" (4:09)
Bills Running Back Jonathan Williams addressed the media following practice topics include; learning from veterans in the locker room, taking more reps at practice, and his receiving skills out of the backfield.

Jordan Poyer: "Communication is Key" (3:51)
Bills Safety Jordan Poyer addressed the media following practice topics include; communication among the defensive backs, finishing plays, and learning from Defensive Backs Coach Gill Byrd.

I actually feel bad for CJ. Clearly, he never had a chance here after the regime change and the Peterman pick (No, I never thought he would be the "guy"). May as well try to trade him for a 6th rounder, or failing that, just release him.

Combination of working on throwing in rhythm and developing chemistry with the new WR group.

in a sarcastic sense .... the only balls TT throws with anticipation are deep balls, the others the receiver stops, turns then TT delivers.

rhythm would suggest they are working on anticipation, ergo accuracy issues early on.

Some of the medias coverage of OTAs/Mini Camps has turned into paralysis by analysis. Even the Bills own Chris Brown is guilty of it with "What Did We Learn" segments. There was a reporter on NFL Network who was talking about Hackenberg and the Jets and the NY medias overreaction to his throwing thus far. I thought what was said was spot on, OTA's and Mini Camps are for teaching and learning, mistakes are going to be made.

I actually feel bad for CJ. Clearly, he never had a chance here after the regime change and the Peterman pick (No, I never thought he would be the "guy"). May as well try to trade him for a 6th rounder, or failing that, just release him.

We have been hearing that he was raw since day 1 and that has never changed. I would love to see him take a huge step but that is seeming more and more unlikely.

Whatever happens, I wish him well.

We have been hearing that he was raw since day 1 and that has never changed. I would love to see him take a huge step but that is seeming more and more unlikely.

Whatever happens, I wish him well.

he wasn't good enough to be the starter at ohio state, not sure who in their right mind thought he could be a starter in the NFL. he will get another shot as a backup just because of his "raw talent" but he would need to find a team that wants to hang on to a backup that they can't trust to put into a game yet and most teams want a starter and then a proven veteran backup. most teams don't keep developmental guys on the roster

@JaySkurski

Shareece Wright is day to day with a calf injury. No long-term concerns for the #Bills' CB, Sean McDermott says.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott: Sammy Watkins has built a good foundation, we'll continue to monitor it on a day-to-day basis.

@SalSports

"Jordan Mills has had one heck of an offseason" - McDermott

@viccarucci

McDermott: #Bills 1st-round draft pick Tre'Davious White is playing like "a 2nd- or 3rd-year player at this point.

McDermott says Cardale Jones "absolutely in the mix" at QB for #Bills. Says he has "watched him grow."

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott said he's seen Cardale Jones grow over the last few months since he's been here.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on the month-plus break for players: We discussed it this morning. Handle the time off the field with class.

McDermott: "I don't know if we won the offseason. I'm not into that. I'm into the process." #Bills

McDermott says he's a Conor McGregor fan. He'll be watching his fight against Floyd Mayweather in August.

love hearing that about White....makes that trade back eveeeeeennnn better

I hope this kid just balls out and plays like the best CB taken in the draft

Hopefully the 4 years of experience for both White and Jones allows them both an easier transition to the NFL than most other rookies.

in a sarcastic sense .... the only balls TT throws with anticipation are deep balls, the others the receiver stops, turns then TT delivers.

rhythm would suggest they are working on anticipation, ergo accuracy issues early on.

We all knew it was the worst part of his game. Only gets better with reps... we shall see what happens when the bullets start flying.