Nice Rumblings writeup on Kevon Seymour

Not impressed by the stat or article. Not to mention he is going to be playing outside. Something we have barley seen of him.

I Need more film before any decision.

What have you seen that said he would be playing outside? Is White definitely going to be playing inside?

What have you seen that said he would be playing outside? Is White definitely going to be playing inside?

its a waste of his talent and where you want most corners to play.

If he stays inside I'm OK with it. But we need outside depth. We don't have ot

He replaced Robey last year as the nickel corner. I think he can do that again this year.

I'm fine with him as a nickel but he was brought to be outside

i remember there were stats like this on Darby saying he was the best corner in the NFL during his rookie year. well needless to say they went after him a bit more in year 2. not that these guys aren't talented and can turn into solid starters, but i think you can find stats to try and prove anything so i would take it with a grain of salt. i am optimistic with Seymour but let's give him some time to develop as a full time starter this year before we annoint him

its a waste of his talent and where you want most corners to play.

If he stays inside I'm OK with it. But we need outside depth. We don't have ot

I'm fine with him as a nickel but he was brought to be outside

I've been hearing and reading that Nickel is fast becoming the hot defensive back position. If that's so, then maybe it turns out Seymour's more valuable as a nickel.

As much as I wish they kept Roby as the dime back (Good depth and role player in my opinion) the fact that they let him go when he was on a modest contract shows just how much they liked what they had in Seymour. The coaching staff has a lot of confidence in Seymour and to me when you are a new coaching staff and you are high on a player drafted low from a previous administration it must mean your confidence in him is very legitimate.

I've been hearing and reading that Nickel is fast becoming the hot defensive back position. If that's so, then maybe it turns out Seymour's more valuable as a nickel.

i just don't know about him enough. i didn't see anything spectacular to make me think he's going to be as good as everyone keeps declaring.

i'd like it to be so, obviously, but after rex ryan (which i was never excited for and very ho-hum on) i just cannot get anything more excited.

nickel is a great and growing position as defenses are catching up with the large TE's that are too athletic to cover by a lb and too big to cover by a corner. he could be great there ... but ho-hum

Not impressed by the stat or article. Not to mention he is going to be playing outside. Something we have barley seen of him.

I Need more film before any decision.

If he plays outside, it will be because he beat out White for #2, right? But, even if that is the case, how does Seymour playing outside, as opposed to nickel, discount the PFF assessment?

If he plays outside, it will be because he beat out White for #2, right? But, even if that is the case, how does Seymour playing outside, as opposed to nickel, discount the PFF assessment?

because i don't value pff at all.

i knew someone who interned there either during or after college, can't remember. they'd assign films to different members and have them arbitrarily grade each snap. some of them didn't know a thing about football. some were great. they'd do this with a few people some times and make a grade.

if he beats white than that doesn't mean he is good, just means he's better than white.

if he plays outside snap after snap its a lot different. he will be tested a lot differently. they will run many routes on him getting him to look for a route and then run a stop and go instead of that hitch and it's a td. or run a curl slant route a few times than get a curl. repeatedly playing the position is a lot different then filling in.

As much as I wish they kept Roby as the dime back (Good depth and role player in my opinion) the fact that they let him go when he was on a modest contract shows just how much they liked what they had in Seymour. The coaching staff has a lot of confidence in Seymour and to me when you are a new coaching staff and you are high on a player drafted low from a previous administration it must mean your confidence in him is very legitimate.

Great post, I agree and am looking forward to seeing how he develops this year. White, Darby and Seymour should be a good group moving forward in the secondary at corner and I think they have showed (in college and/or the pro's) to be capable of being interchangeable inside and out, and that kind of diversity is rare.