Reported candidates for Director of Player Personnel

Any thoughts about those 2 yolo?

Schoen has been with Miami for quite awhile - started as a scout . I wonder what the connection is, if any. And it seems like a lateral move.

Koncz would be getting a promotion. Also Gettleman put the kibosh on any laterals.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article149714399.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

Schoen has been with Miami for quite awhile - started as a scout . I wonder what the connection is, if any. And it seems like a lateral move.

Koncz would be getting a promotion. Also Gettleman put the kibosh on any laterals.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article149714399.html

Well not really a Kibosh on scouts. Just that they can't make lateral moves. Could get a promotion from regional scout to national scout. Not talking about Koncz in this case since it would be lateral but other scouts on the panthers.

Also curious, I don't know how the NFL works but I know people, including myself, have made "lateral" moves (new job description, responsibilities, etc.) added to the position to increase salary band. Curious if we could offer Koncz the DPP position along with another role and that would make it ok. Thought?

EDIT: oops, misread that. I guess they can block even scouts. Although I recall hearing that not a lot of teams block for promotions because it's a bad look for the organization and could make the employee unhappy.

Edited by The Wiz

Well not really a Kibosh on scouts. Just that they can't make lateral moves. Could get a promotion from regional scout to national scout. Not talking about Koncz in this case since it would be lateral but other scouts on the panthers.

Also curious, I don't know how the NFL works but I know people, including myself, have made "lateral" moves (new job description, responsibilities, etc.) added to the position to increase salary band. Curious if we could offer Koncz the DPP position along with another role and that would make it ok. Thought?

EDIT: oops, misread that. I guess they can block even scouts. Although I recall hearing that not a lot of teams block for promotions because it's a bad look for the organization and could make the employee unhappy.

Koncz would be getting a promotion if he came over as Director of Player Personnel. I worded it confusingly ... I was just noting that he would have to since Gettleman isn't letting anyone out of their contract just to move over laterally and work for Beane. If Koncz was offered and wanted the job he could go. Only thing Panthers might do is promote him within their org to try to keep him.

Are you under contract? Whole different ballgame! Sure what you're saying happens all the time, but not typically for people under contact. You could argue a fireman, or a teacher is under contract and they leave to take other jobs to, but I'd imagine these types of contracts are different and it's a contact exclusively with a person. Plus with the fireman, teacher, etc, if there were budget cuts and they had layoffs, they'd get severance pay, but wouldn't be paid the balance of their contract which again happens here. The one part I don't know is down at a scout level, are they under contract or just hired at will??

thanks for all this you do.

So much easier just sifting your stuff from the bbmbers when ya need info.

...yup...THAT bunch......I used to post there (30k+)....care to enlighten me PERSONALLY what I have done wrong here?......or are your shorts just on azz backwards today?....please humble me....

thanks for all this you do.

So much easier just sifting your stuff from the bbmbers when ya need info.

Pots just never seem to cease calling kettles black.

Blame bbmb....

Sure the increase in stupid threads has increased, repetitive threads, adgenda driven convos etc, but the people contributing the most negatively are tenured TBDers from what I have seen.

But yeah, YOLO, you are the premier news-breaker around here and I only open long threads when I see you as the last poster, thinking there must be some updated news. Thanks bro.

Blame bbmb....

Sure the increase in stupid threads has increased, repetitive threads, adgenda driven convos etc, but the people contributing the most negatively are tenured TBDers from what I have seen.

But yeah, YOLO, you are the premier news-breaker around here and I only open long threads when I see you as the last poster, thinking there must be some updated news. Thanks bro.

Not really. The longest tenured TBDers are the more reasonable fans.

...yup...THAT bunch......I used to post there (30k+)....care to enlighten me PERSONALLY what I have done wrong here?......or are your shorts just on azz backwards today?....please humble me....

did you know the country band lone star began as texassee?

Blame bbmb....

speaking of pots. Most people make the mistake of washing cast iron. That is not how you care for cast iron.