This is not a rebuild, folks...

eball

If there's where you want to hang your hat go for it. A tough playoff loss a few years back.

Flacco is a solid starting QB. I'm just here to provide perspective. I always laugh when people say "even if we had Alex Smith..." without them even realizing that there isn't anything that he does better. Tyrod is in the class with those game manager guys (and near the top of it by most statistical measures). The only people that don't realize that are Bills "fans." We can certainly upgrade but when we disparage our guy to prop up guys that are worse, that's asinine. He's a decent starter that's every bit as good as Flacco, Tannehill, and Smith at this point.

Flacco at his best can play like Brady. TT at his best can play like peak Colin Kapernick.

I don't see what's so difficult about this. They both have good, bad and okay games. But Flacco's best games are leagues above Tyrod's. It's just that simple. If I had to beat Brady or Peyton or Brees or Big Ben tomorrow, I take Flacco over TT. It's just no contest.

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???

Interesting take. The last game Tyrod started was a pretty damn good one.

Was that the one where he had to outduel Matt Moore and the 29th ranked D?

He played a good game, but let's not act like he went toe to toe versus the league's best like Flacco has done numerous times.

...just gets frustrating to see the perennial contenders need a good draft (maybe 2 in a row) and fill gaps to remain perennial contenders.......yet Bflo is "filling HOLES" annually......one step forward and two back.....the disastrous FO/Administration/Coaching patchwork since Polian is a major impediment IMO....non-football people trying and failing to run a football organization.....sure the jury is out, but I like the McD/Beane hires so far.....young gun football people running a football operation.....just want to see the playoffs before I head to "Dante's Inferno"......too hot there for cell phones and LCD's..........

He played a good game, but let's not act like he went toe to toe versus the league's best like Flacco has done numerous times.

Let's also not act like it was his fault that they lost. Because it wasn't.

Why is it every time someone brings up a game where TT played well....there are fans making excuses why it should be negated?

Quarterbacks DO NOT PLAY EACH OTHER

They got rid of a half dozen of their most talented players.

They kept a painfully mediocre QB.

They have a first-time HC.

They have a first-time GM.

They are facing their toughest schedule in recent memory.

This is, indeed, a rebuild. And it's about goddamn time.

At least with Beane being hired, it seems that McBeano will be the tandem for a few years to come.

I'd expect (pray/hope/beg for) a new QB next year and serious aspirations for a playoff run in 2019.

aside from Gilmore who else was uniquely talented?

Read Jay Skurski's mailbag this morning...doesn't sound like a "rebuild" to me. He presented a very even-handed, realistic approach to the team and predicts a record of around .500.

If a few things break the Bills' way it could be a nice season. We haven't seen (m)any good breaks lately so we're due...right?

Explain to me the cap ramifications of letting Tyrod go after this season.... someone....

- I can see this being Kyle's last season, so there should be at least 5-6 million that we won't be spending out of our projected $30m in available cap space...

- if we can be free and clear from Tyrod after this season, that puts us at $48m available cap space

- I think Groy has proven to be a suitable replacement for Wood, so that may keep us from spending there...

I'm excited about the coming years for sure

Explain to me the cap ramifications of letting Tyrod go after this season.... someone....

- I can see this being Kyle's last season, so there should be at least 5-6 million that we won't be spending out of our projected $30m in available cap space...

- if we can be free and clear from Tyrod after this season, that puts us at $48m available cap space

- I think Groy has proven to be a suitable replacement for Wood, so that may keep us from spending there...

I'm excited about the coming years for sure

It's refreshing to know that their may actually be competent football people in place now.

In my Humble Opinion.

Bills will obviously try to win from the get go:

QB - not gonna win games when losing in the 2nd half, but has ability to not lose you games if has lead in 2nd half.

RB - Above Average

WR - I have a dream...that Watkins lives up to his expectations..if not...Ouch

TE - Average.

O-Line - Average

Special Teams - Above average

Defense - Transition year but I believe they can be good and might re-ignite Jerry Hughes. Need Dareus to be mature ( highly doubt that will happen ) and the corners are young but full of piss and vinegar.

I don't see the Defense losing games.

I see nothing different from the last 17 years other than a coach that is young and new management.

So in Conclusion:

If they win from the get go, keep the run going and get that playoff. If they lose from the get go..sit Tyrod, give some reps to Ohio State boy and get a high draft pick. Use that high draft pick and the first rounder from KC and go get the best QB available.

Prediction: 9-7 Record if they start off good

3-13 record if they lose the first 2-3 games.

BTW: Losing Gilmore and Woods will make 0 impact on the outcome of this team.

Lets assume the Bills win 6 to 8 games this season.... Why would they release Tyrod after next season and regress even more in 2018?

McDermott and company would be close to ending a quick tenure in Buffalo if that's the plan...

People seem obsessed with cap room. Who !@#$ing cares about the cap when you release/let good players walk to get that cap room?

I agree this is probably the last year here for Kyle and Wood. But Tyrod will be here for at least the 2018 season.

Regress even more? Haven't we been winning 6-8 games since 2011? Is that regression or stagnation?

I read a bit of this thread.

I think it's a building year, not a rebuilding year. For rebuilding to make sense as a word, it has to mean taking apart and reconstructing. That isn't what's happening with the Bills. The Bills are in a normal building, ideally continuous improvement, process.

It was generally agreed last season that the Bills had one of the better rosters in the conference, and they still do. They're way ahead of the game simply because they have Watkins and McCoy. They have a serviceable quarterback. They have some good offensive linemen. They have Dareus and Hughes plus two quality rookies, essentially, in Ragland and Lawson. They have what should be a good pair of corners. They have veteran safeties. This isn't a rebuilding situation.

This is all about continuing to get better. Maybe Watkins leaves, maybe he doesn't, maybe Taylor leaves, maybe he doesn't. They're important parts of the team, but they are by no means all of it.

What this year is about is whether McDermott is the right guy, and if he is, how quickly he can get the team headed in the right direction. It might take a season. It might take six games. It might take less.