The Patriots will need to choose between Marcia and Janeane

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats are loading up on talent for one more super bowl run. If they win it this year I think they part ways with Brady and go with Garrapolo. That said a lot with them keeping both guys. It's going to be a Montana/Young or Favre/Rodgers situation in NE and they will need to make a decision after this season with Garrapolo due to become a free agent

I have a suspicion that this is the case as well. I am acutely remembering first half of the last Super Bowl. Brady looked pretty damn shaky there. He obviously leveled back off in the second half, but it reminds me of how Manning just fell off a cliff.

In the 2013 season, Peyton looked amazing, setting records in yardage and touchdowns, only to suddenly give out in the Superbowl. The next year, again, a very solid season but when the playoffs rolled around you heard rumors of him losing sensation in his fingertips and they went out pretty early in the playoffs. In 2015, well, he made Brock Osweiler look like a viable starter for the future. He was out of the league in 2016. That was a very steep decline.

Manning was 39 in 2015. Brady will be 40 when the season begins. I know they play very different games, and I'm not expecting Brady to be bad. But Belicheck pretty much went against their standard teambuilding process this season: trading draft picks for players, so much so that they traded out of the first three rounds. They are stacked with talented players this season where they were content to make due and try to find hidden gems.

From all this, I do think this might be Brady's swan song. One last season with the best of the best around him to make history and try to make his run almost impossible to match.

If Jimmy G buys into the Patriot way, which I believe he does, and BB thinks JG is his next guy they will work it out. Brady might be the only sacred cow in New England, the guy they won't dump.

I don't think a lot of fans realize what the odds are that Brady sustains this level of play at 40 and beyond.

Goodall did he and the Pats a huge favor last year. We've all learned to not bet against TB, but let's see him get through a full season at 40.

Montana and Favre wanted to keep playing after their teams were done with them too. The great ones almost always end up playing a few seasons too long. Look at Michael Jordan. He was completely irrelevant for the last like 5 seasons of his career. It would pretty sad to watch

I don't know for certain but I'm just speculating. I think Tom has more going on in his life beyond football which I don't think that Montana or Farve had.

I don't think a lot of fans realize what the odds are that Brady sustains this level of play at 40 and beyond.

Goodall did he and the Pats a huge favor last year. We've all learned to not bet against TB, but let's see him get through a full season at 40.

Those 4 games of not getting hit and resting up sure didn't hurt.

He threw the ball to the RB 153 times in the Super Bowl.

Inevitably, the @Patriots will have to choose between Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo. @tomecurran #Patriots

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-e-curran-eventually-new-england-patriots-choose-jimmy-garoppolo-over-tom-brady

CURRAN: THE PATRIOTS, TOM BRADY AND THE GATHERING STORM

...if McDaniel stayed in house as potentially BB's successor, why wouldn't Jimmy as Brady's?.....realistically and painfully, is there a better run organization to be a part of?....

...if McDaniel stayed in house as potentially BB's successor, why wouldn't Jimmy as Brady's?.....realistically and painfully, is there a better run organization to be a part of?....

No salary cap for an OC. Jimmy is a different story, possibly to the tune of tens of millions.