Most Exciting Last Minute of a Bills game ever?

i hope, someday, we will be able to read a box score like that again. it was beautiful.

smith, reed, thomas all with big nights. i don't think it will be lawson, watkins, mccoy, but it would be nice to half a team like our early nineties teams

We may not have as many out right stars but I have a good feeling McD will get us competitive again..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

painful for me to post this.. but Dal at Buf MNF 2007 is my most exciting. Most depressing as well. I remember lying on my stomach with my head down the floor of my apartment in front of the TV after Folk made his kick. I literally did not move for 5 minutes. That was the ultimate kick in the nuts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPupCwlK45I

• Cowboys have ball with less than a minute to go .. score is Buffalo 24- Dal 16
  • Romo throws TD with :20 on the clock to make it Buf 24 - Dal 22
  • Jabari Greer INTERCEPTS 2 PT CONVERSION!!!! :w00t::w00t: Buf 24 - Dal 22
  • Dal recovers onside kick :sick::sick:
  • Romo completes pass to Bills 25 .. Dal calls Timeout with :01 on clock
  • Nick Folk makes a 42 yd field goal Buf 24 - Dal 25 :wallbash:

While, technically I know this doesn't count, Smerlas blocking the Jets FG to send it to OT in 88 was the best moment.

I don't even remember OT but that feeling!!! Joy, elation and certainty that we would win.

We carried the Posts out that day💪💪💪

Then it occurs to me: The Hooks game was my fathers B-Day.

The EJ game was my Birthday.

My Son was born 75 years to the day after his Grandfather.

My picture is from the EJ game, Sept.15 and my son and wife were there celebrating it with me.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

painful for me to post this.. but Dal at Buf MNF 2007 is my most exciting. Most depressing as well. I remember lying on my stomach with my head down the floor of my apartment in front of the TV after Folk made his kick. I literally did not move for 5 minutes. That was the ultimate kick in the nuts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPupCwlK45I

• Cowboys have ball with less than a minute to go .. score is Buffalo 24- Dal 16
  • Romo throws TD with :20 on the clock to make it Buf 24 - Dal 22
  • Jabari Greer INTERCEPTS 2 PT CONVERSION!!!! :w00t::w00t: Buf 24 - Dal 22
  • Dal recovers onside kick :sick::sick:
  • Romo completes pass to Bills 25 .. Dal calls Timeout with :01 on clock
  • Nick Folk makes a 42 yd field goal Buf 24 - Dal 25 :wallbash:

This is such a Billsy ending.

Given the stakes, I'm going to vote for this game as the most exciting Bills victory ever in the last minute:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1981/12/28/interception-in-last-seconds-saves-bills-from-jets-31-27/6034622f-5ce7-41c3-b70a-0373a7edad3d/?utm_term=.0c8c5eca6258

Having said this, it was also on the verge of being the biggest choke job in Bills history.

Edited by dave mcbride

I remember one game as being the most exciting last minute ever .... The Bills moved the ball into FG range and with 8 seconds left, Scott Norwood kicked it wide right ... If he made it, it would've been the greatest play in Bills history.

I remember one game as being the most exciting last minute ever .... The Bills moved the ball into FG range and with 8 seconds left, Scott Norwood kicked it wide right ... If he made it, it would've been the greatest play in Bills history.

OUCH! I didn't like that one so much..... :(

I didn't think he had even a 1% chance to make that the whole time we sat there waiting for it finally to execute.

So it was no big letdown.

And teams still insist on getting to the maximum range of decent or worse kickers and hoping they can squeak out a win...

Still .... does it get any more exciting ?

That was one of the most boring games ever played, run into the ground and stalling and stalling and stalling as the clock wound out the whole game.

While, technically I know this doesn't count, Smerlas blocking the Jets FG to send it to OT in 88 was the best moment.

I don't even remember OT but that feeling!!! Joy, elation and certainty that we would win.

We carried the Posts out that day.

I believe and I was there 2 was the reason you don't remember the OT because there was none. Smerlas blocked preventing the Jets from winning as time expired. But I could be wrong. I remember the cops in the lots blocking traffic so drunken fans could parade the now shattered goal posts around. Hilarious and will never be repeated. Of course first they walked the Posts up too Ralph's box.

It was the Bills first division title in 112 years.

Edited by Best Player Available

That was one of the most boring games ever played, run into the ground and stalling and stalling and stalling as the clock wound out the whole game.

We're talking last minute .... A FG to win the Super Bowl .... I don't see any other final minute meaning so much or more exciting

Not sure how much action took place in the last minute, but the craziest game I was ever at...

Bills vs. Raiders MNF 1974 Opener. Several 4th quarter lead changes, and the game ended with George Blanda missing a long FG attempt.

[edited]Game detail I just found...

Friday, September 20, 2002

Sept. 16, 1974 -- Oakland at Buffalo

ABC Sports Online

Ahmad Rashad's second touchdown in the final two minutes lifted the Bills past John Madden's Raiders. Rashad's first score came with 1:56 to go. Buffalo seemed to have the game clinched, but Jim Braxton fumbled the ball and Art Thoms ran in for a touchdown to give Oakland a 20-14 lead with 1:15 to go. Rashad then took a Joe Ferguson pass 33 yards to give the Bills the lead. Oakland had one final chance to win it, but George Blanda missed a 50-yard field goal on the final play.

....was there for it......two guys on our bus were best friends but one was a diehard Bills fan and the other a Raiders fan.....beat the crap outta each other after the game....the Raiders guy licked his wounds, refused to ride the bus and hitch hiked back to Rochester.....crazy stuff...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Good football trivia right there.

Ridlehuber's only other claim to fame was picking up a fumble on a kickoff and returning it for a TD - with less than a minute left - in the Heidi Bowl.

For true trivia accuracy, it was "H" Preston Ridlehuber.

I believe and I was there 2 was the reason you don't remember the OT because there was none. Smerlas blocked preventing the Jets from winning as time expired. But I could be wrong. I remember the cops in the lots blocking traffic so drunken fans could parade the now shattered goal posts around. Hilarious and will never be repeated. Of course first they walked the Posts up too Ralph's box.

It was the Bills first division title in 112 years.

It was a brutally boring 6-6 game. The blocked kick sent it into OT. Crazy day😍