2015 All Over Again...

I sure hope so, but that's all it is, hope. It was 3 years ago, and for the record, Tyrod only played in 1 game that year and had no passing or rushing attempts, as far as I could tell.

They worked together every day. Dennison knows what he can get out of Tyrod.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

injuries can happen to any team

that said....the bills have done pretty well overcoming rb injuries in the past once they moved on from having specific scrubs on the team

We just dont have the star power past Shady....it would be unknown guys like Jonathan Williams....who will be 2 years removed from that injury his last year of college.

They can. But I think we may be a team most reliant on a single RB.

I don't expect the defense to be lights out, but we technically have a first and second rounder also joining the defense from last draft.

I say that because as we all know Shaq wasn't healthy a majority of the year and Ragland tore his ACL.

There is a reason to believe those guys will bring something under McDermott. They are more traditionally 43 players to begin with.

I also think Leslie Frazier will bring a wealth of knowledge abd experience.

We won't see players trying to figure out where to be DURING THE PLAY. So often guys were still trying to figure out what the eff their assignment was mid play that no one was in a position to succeed.

Mcdermott and Frazier don't do anything overly complex at all.

Roman's biggest shortcomings were preparing more plays than the team would conceivably run, leading to a lack of execution, and an offense that was too wordy causing lengthy play calls and a lack of time at the line to scan and adjust.

my 2 cents

That's a fair criticism. Making something more complex than it needs to be is a recipe for more mistakes being made. In Kyle Shanahan's first year in Atlanta he and Matt Ryan were constantly in a state of conflict because Shanahan insisting on complicating the schemes and added to the number of plays while Ryan want him to simplify it a little more. It got to the point that they weren't on speaking terms. The HC forced the two in the offseason to come to some reasonable accommodation which they did.

So your point is a pertinent and insightful point.

I dont get the feeling this is 2015 at all.....but they have to prove it on the field

I just get this feeling that when the games are over analysts will be talking about how the team did not beat itself with stupid penalties and lack of communication on the field

THAT ALONE is going to be worth a few wins

Bingo. People will say we haven't seen a game yet so how can you fathom such a crazy idea but I think we can all agree the circus has left town and the new regime looks organized and buttoned down. It is going to be a long four months.

I was just thinking about the great mistake that the collective fanbase made when Rex was hired, and how we all assumed that our defense would be equal or better than it was in 2014 with him at the helm. This has me reasonably concerned that we are making the same mistake with the offense, assuming that TT and Co will be able to run Dennison's offense nearly as efficiently as they were able to run the Roman/Lynn offense. Where do you think that our offense ends up in the standings this year?

I have no expectations.

Sean is serious while Rex was doing his Louie Anderson shtick

I never thought of Rex as more than a big-mouth clown while with the Jets. I'm sure that about 99% of Bills fans felt that way as well about him.

But then he signed with the Bills and almost all his detractors suddenly felt he was a genius now that the Bills hired him.

I asked 100 times on the BBMB why they could defend this change of mind, surely just signing with Buffalo can't make a man a genius for the ages, but everyone went off to Cognitive Dissonance Land and didn't want to think about it.

So here we are...

this. I have no interest in seeing last year's offense. I would take a drop in rushing rankings if it meant more balance -->. more wins.

Totally agree!

There is a reason we easily won the rushing title, nobody else tried to because doing so is obsolete in this league.

Balance is good and useful. Bring lopsided doesn't work when run heavy. It can as pass heavy.