The Pegulas flushed 35 million down the toilet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I get where you're coming from. I guess we just have to accept their explanation and roll on. He explained that he didn't get involved in the hire of Murray and regrets that - and Whaley was onboard when he bought the team.

I think they initially wanted continuity and kept them in place with extensions to prove it (statement making). Now upon reflection they want to be the ones to decide on the GM's and Coaches. Of course we don't know if this will work but it's their plan. If it doesn't work then we absolutely know and they will too - that it was their decisions.

They want a clean slate and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that this is truly the first fingerprints of total autonomy on the decisions.

Well said.....I just want winning teams again. I am tired of losing

Good. Money is not an obstacle for this owner. There will be some who turn the Bills/Sabres down, but it will never be because they weren't offered enough financial compensation. A far cry from the Ralph Wilson era.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

On the job training fees....Listen to Terry answer the question related to this topic during this past Sunday's press conference. He doesn't care and says it common. That's the kind of owner I like from a financial perspective. I can't comment on the Sabres because I don't follow them with the focus or passion I do the Bills -- but getting rid of Rex and Whaley were fine with me and show me that ownership expects and deserves hard work, dedication, discipline and wins...in reverse order...

Guaranteed contracts with coaches are a given. So your choices are:

Pegula pays Rex Ryan 5 years guaranteed (with some offsetting language maybe) and sticks with him for all 5 years because he is paying him.

or

Pegula pays Rex Ryan 5 years guaranteed (with some offsetting language maybe) and eats the cost when he sees Rex Ryan isn't working out.

Which would you prefer?

Which would you not trash as a bad decision?

I can see the Whaley extension but I am one of the few I guess that thinks Whaley's only failure was in getting us a QB. A competent coach, and a franchise QB would have put us into the playoffs during Whaley's tenure and we wouldn't be talking about firing him right now.

Edited by What a Tuel