GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will hear the parting was amicable. Whaley did indeed request to void his contract. That is why he continued on following through with this draft. His reputation remains at stake for other jobs. The scouting staff has been telling anyone that would listen that they were leaving. There's a big disconnect of philosophy between DW and the new coach.

Whaley would have drafted anyone other then a white pocket passing QB.

In the past, when a GM has left a team right after the draft it is always reported as a "mutual parting of ways." I expect this to go the same way.

Carolina can't prove anything in any case, McDermott was there until January and I doubt their board has changed too much in that time. He would have been familiar with their scouting.

And the way the NFL works........if they know you did it.......they will drum up some evidence to justify punishing you even if you've properly covered it up.

And frankly, between business partners that's the way it SHOULD be.

If McD f*cked over Jerry Richardson the Pegula's would rightly be pissed.

MaddcharileVerifiedaccount @maddcharlieNFL

im told my Grandmother is making all the moves in Buffalo ..... shes running this draft

so what who is the source?

Do you know who lombardi is? Hes a former nfl gm. He has been in and around this league from 84 as a scout, made gm, then hooked up with the cheaters and won a couple of rings. Hes not a random dude.

No. I hope Whaley is being fired tomorrow.

There was no need for cheating; McDermott knew who the Panthers were looking at. He probably just trusted their scouting more than Whaley's, which was smart.

NOT trying to be a jerk, but then hiring their GM after we jump them on multiple occasions is bad optics. I like Whaley, but I'm not married to him. I want to WIN. But I don't want to be punished for stupid actions! (Not personal against you.)

I normally would think this is backwards, but it was interesting listening to the SiriusXM guys this afternoon. They basically said without saying that Whaley is gone and McDermott gets the next GM pick.

They then went on to discuss McDermott and his skill with personnel. Compared it to Pete Carroll in Seattle and Andy Reid, where they have GMs that compliment the coach. They said McDermott will leave his mark on every aspect of the organization and that it's a good thing.

They all absolutely loved McDermott and the Bills draft, suggested after Whaley they need to stop firing people and give it time to build.

They said this draft in particular could be the one that really starts changing the future of the Bills and seemed to be on board with everything going on and McDermott.

NOT trying to be a jerk, but then hiring their GM after we jump them on multiple occasions is bad optics. I like Whaley, but I'm not married to him. I want to WIN. But I don't want to be punished for stupid actions! (Not personal against you.)

He isnt their gm, hes their assistant gm, hes held that job title for about 2 years or so.

I normally would think this is backwards, but it was interesting listening to the SiriusXM guys this afternoon. They basically said without saying that Whaley is gone and McDermott gets the next GM pick.

They then went on to discuss McDermott and his skill with personnel. Compared it to Pete Carroll in Seattle and Andy Reid, where they have GMs that compliment the coach. They said McDermott will leave his mark on every aspect of the organization and that it's a good thing.

They all absolutely loved McDermott and the Bills draft, suggested after Whaley they need to stop firing people and give it time to build.

They said this draft in particular could be the one that really starts changing the future of the Bills and seemed to be on board with everything going on and McDermott.

tumblr_npqvgmQ8GB1uum6eyo1_500.gif

:thumbsup:

That would be greater than the optics to date.

I see some potential Pete Carroll correlations for sure. :devil::lol:

He's been up for trade about 43 times, though.

BuffaloBarbarian can't be traded, there's a clause.

He isnt their gm, hes their assistant gm, hes held that job title for about 2 years or so.

OK, thanks. I've read GM about 50 times. If he helps us win, I'm all in!

Do you know who lombardi is? Hes a former nfl gm. He has been in and around this league from 84 as a scout, made gm, then hooked up with the cheaters and won a couple of rings. Hes not a random dude.I sti

I would still want to know who the source is. Is it someone from the team or media? Is he known for breaking news about the Bills?

Why are we still talking about EJ? You do know he plays for the Raiders right?

JM is absolutely infatuated with EJ - go through and no matter the topic - someplace in his hate filled rants will be mentions of EJ. This is two boards of having to listen to him bring up EJ non stop.

It is time to let EJ go - he is no longer here.

Now breathe and let things play out.

And the way the NFL works........if they know you did it.......they will drum up some evidence to justify punishing you even if you've properly covered it up.

And frankly, between business partners that's the way it SHOULD be.

If McD f*cked over Jerry Richardson the Pegula's would rightly be pissed.

Well it's already out there so we'll see but I don't see the NFL doing anything. What does Carolina do, whine that we stole the players they wanted to draft? There's no tampering in trading past Carolina to take a player they had on their board. What's McDermott supposed to do, take a vow of silence during the draft because he was with another team while they were scouting players?

Honestly I hated the idea that Whaley would get fired after the draft and it reeked of dysfunction. But knowing that McDermott was apparently just going off of Carolina's scouting I kind of love the move now. I like the high character picks, I think leadership is where it all starts. I don't think McDermott will always be trade happy, he just wanted to make sure he got his players in a draft he had to throw together kind of last minute. He still got himself an additional 1st next year and more QB competition. It makes sense to me.

I haven't been the biggest Whaley fan; however, as many of you have noted, the pegs need to show some class in how they handle things, if this is true. They should have let him go when Rex was let go- not string him along and dump him right after a draft. Is there a training camp our owners can attend for how to be professionals? Mr. Rooney was a class act for the steelers. They might want to study him and how he handled things

What sources? So you honestly believe that from January until now McDermott scouted every draft prospect, did evaluations on the entire current roster, and did his job as head coach. I just cant have these convos anymore. I just want the team to win very very soon. I predict if they don't things will get worse than they have been in a really long time and that's hard to do. Pegulas have good intentions but they are doing too much at the same time and things are looking very sloppy right now. Tomorrow or Monday should the GM leave it's officially a low point in recent history for both the Sabres and Bills

Your just madd Charlie. Whaley has drafted poorly and its clear these are McDs guys. Time for a new GM.