GM Doug Whaley has been fired

Things have really changed since McDermott took over. The guys we traded up for didn't visit with us here. They aren't from schools we usually draft from. They supposedly were on Carolina's board and their assistant GM is supposedly coming here. Sounds to me like we threw out the scouting reports our team had and went with what Beane and McDermott knew from their time in Carolina. This is absolutely nuts that this is happening.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logical. Whaley gets paid to be gone like Rex, has a great draft and looks for a new job next year. Don't know about the Beane guy though he didn't get the San Fran job and they were pretty desperate. Hes not Whaley though and thats pretty much as high as the bar gets as far as some are concerned.

Whaley is as high as the bar gets? Am I missing something here?

WHo's treating him like Bill Parcell's? Very curious to hear.

Whoever believes that he had anything to do with the draft other than giving his opinion and whoever thinks that he should have any say whatsoever in who the next GM of this team is. Go back through the comments and its not hard to find those people.

Whoever believes that he had anything to do with the draft other than giving his opinion and whoever thinks that he should have any say whatsoever in who the next GM of this team is. Go back through the comments and its not hard to find those people.

Mcdermott ran the draft according to sources.

Was hoping for better with Pegula but we are apparently destined to be a second rate organization. Check back in a few years and compare DW's moves to those of his successor and I have a feeling even his haters will concede he did as well as anyone could under the same circumstances (and, if you saddle him with being responsible for EJ during Buddy's draft, you gotta give him credit with the picks this year and that includes whatever the extra first rounder we got in 2018 nets us).

Not if it was McD making the picks.

Mcdermott ran the draft according to sources.

What sources? So you honestly believe that from January until now McDermott scouted every draft prospect, did evaluations on the entire current roster, and did his job as head coach. I just cant have these convos anymore. I just want the team to win very very soon. I predict if they don't things will get worse than they have been in a really long time and that's hard to do. Pegulas have good intentions but they are doing too much at the same time and things are looking very sloppy right now. Tomorrow or Monday should the GM leave it's officially a low point in recent history for both the Sabres and Bills

Edited by Madd Charlie

What sources

Multiple local and national sources. And look at the players we took. Scouted by Carolina. In fact I didn't include Tre'Davious White on my above list and he also visited Carolina. It's extremely obvious who was running the show.

At this point I will be shocked if Beane isn't brought in and Whaley fired by next week. With McDermott mostly calling the shots.

Could be tomorrow. McDermott is respected around the NFL. We may finally start to be respected again as an organization. I would get rid of Overdorf too.

Dawkins, Jones and Vallejo were all on Carolina's official visits list. Per the Carolina forum. The dots are easy to connect.

Edit: and none of them were on our official visits list

It would be so absurd if McDermott and personnel people in Carolina pulled any shennanigans wrt Carolina draft info.

It could lead to suspensions to those involved......obviously to lost draft picks the Bills can't afford.......and maybe "The Man-O-Faith" getting fired. :doh:

I see the dots........noticed them pretty quick.......but I'm not sure I can believe they'd be that dumb.

Maybe the Bills could just give Carolina Jones and Dawkins and call it even? :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

I hope this is true; Whaley should've been fired after the 2014 season. I look forward to the day when he's gone & we can all admit that he did more harm than good.

I wonder if those who claim Whaley is the victim here, are related to him.