Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

...and the ball is in Dennison's court to design a system that exploits the kid's talents....cannot deny he is lacking in talent.......those are the traits of a good coach.....everybody yips about Brady and Belichick and that Brady thrives as a system guy....who the hell designed the system to exploit his talents, Bob Kraft?.......who altered the "system" that enabled Brissett to go 3-1?...good 'ol mumblin', stumblin' Ditka said on ESPN, "you can have the greatest system in the world but if you don't have the players to execute it, you fail"......Belichick is THE master of adjustments and a top 5 GOAT because of it IMO..........

Good coaching / systems comes 1st and there is no substitute in my humble opinion. Good coaches can turn average players into greatness.

Big Tuna could beat you with his players, swap sidelines and beat you again, B B , the same thing. Not a doubt in my mind B B could win football games with T Mobile.

Lots of them...

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good coaching / systems comes 1st and there is no substitute in my humble opinion. Good coaches can turn average players into greatness.

Big Tuna could beat you with his players, swap sidelines and beat you again, B B , the same thing. Not a doubt in my mind B B could win football games with T Mobile.

Lots of them...

...and my friend, I venture to say with this brand new, young gun 40 something contingent infiltrating the FO/Administration/Coaching staff, the future is as bright as the Polian era with the potential to be even brighter....

it was easy to see for me. perhaps i have a better feel for your work here. And your very good postings.

Seems the thread turned into a mud wallowing for plenty of folks.

I do not know any longer what the argument is but,

Bills have set up Tyrod to go either way in the business model.

Smart call.

I think Dennison feels he can make this work, Likely a stronger voice in the room when the dialogues occurred. Just guessing.

Bills have given TT nearly everything he could ask for in these New Coaches. I bet he wants to play here knowing this.

It is just smart to set up to draft one early next season.

I am looking for a win win here.

Qb who steps into his role in this offense decisively. And we have two #1s to use as we please.

Or Tyrod plays as he did last season and we go ahead and get THE guy next year.

all good for me

Go Taylor !

I cannot believe you just stated that.

Thats a threat and you should be banned.

so uncool.

see how easy that is Everyone ?

well done my friend.

3rd....i got nothing against you but...if your not gonna keep up on the conversation then you should stay out of it

...and my friend, I venture to say with this brand new, young gun 40 something contingent infiltrating the FO/Administration/Coaching staff, the future is as bright as the Polian era with the potential to be even brighter....

I like the way you think my oldtime friend...

long ago it should of been locked down. this (as well as others of the same agenda) thread, some of the posts and posters have really turned me off about this board. what both sides need to do is just let it ride and realize regardless of how much those that don't want him starting or those that feel he should, neither side will change anything with the constant "personal crusades" as seen in this thread and it should of been shut down long ago.

what happened to make your point and move on to the next topic?

meh, that crap doesn't bother me,

it is the incessant personal bickering back and forth that goes on for twenty pages that makes any thread useless.

The debate never ends because it's conflated. Almost all posters have accepted that TT is our starter in 2017, and yet this point is brought up over and over.

More importantly is TT's role beyond 2017. GunnerBill painted the 3 most logical scenarios, which I'm not sure anyone could argue with.

The bottom line is that no matter your personal opinion, TT, his advisers, and his agent all agreed the Bills might have moved on if he didn't take a pay cut, and that it was a smarter move to take a pay cut rather than test FA. There have been increasingly fantastic and incredible reasons for "why" Taylor did what he did, but the most simple and logical relates to the money.

I contend this is the most likely scenario based on what we know about the NFL. Any contentions to the contrary, like "McD secretly likes Taylor as a franchise QB but played hardball to cut his paycheck," is wild speculation based on very little. After all, if TT and his camp all thought the Bills weren't bluffing, with them having access to far more information, including market value and other factors, than us casual fans do, why should we believe the opposite of them?

Like most "Pro-TT" arguments, it seems a stretch. They are welcome to their opinions, but they argue, in my mind, the 25% having equal odds as the 75%. That's why language like "inarguable" is used. IMO, it's inarguable that it's more likely that TT has peaked as an NFL QB. Does that mean he absolutely 100% cannot? Of course not. Does that mean there's an equal chance he can improve or plateau? No.

Just like EJ, there was a minute chance the light turned on. There still is, in Oakland. And yet a contingent of fans took it upon themselves to defend that minute chance with their lives. Just like the TT contingent.

I'm not going to respond, but posts like this is why I keep posting on the subject.

It's a thoughtful post. But one with which I disagree in some parts, and those parts are the ones that are presented in a condescending manner.

Why has this thread continued and why have I continued posting on the subject?

Because I'm not a buffoon and posts like this paint me as one because of my opinion, which you disagree with so strongly you decide to paint the likes of me and John as idiots because we disagree.

And you can't call me a hypocrite in this case because I've said time and time again that I understand your position because it's reasonable, but I disagree. And I've explained why. Reasonably.

And still you paint us as idiots.

That's why this conversation keeps going. It's not spamming. It's because we aren't the idiots you paint us as and our position even on this subject you disagree with is not idiotic.

And you're part of keeping this going, too.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I'm not going to respond, but posts like this is why I keep posting on the subject.

It's a thoughtful post. But one with which I disagree in some parts, and those parts are the ones that are presented in a condescending manner.

Why has this thread continued and why have I continued posting on the subject?

Because I'm not a buffoon and posts like this paint me as one because of my opinion, which you disagree with so strongly you decide to paint the likes of me and John as idiots because we disagree.

And you can't call me a hypocrite in this case because I've said time and time again that I understand your position because it's reasonable, but I disagree. And I've explained why. Reasonably.

And still you paint us as idiots.

That's why this conversation keeps going. It's not spamming. It's because we aren't the idiots you paint us as and our position even on this subject you disagree with is not idiotic.

And you're part of keeping this going, too.

I'm sorry, but I don't find your opinion that McD thinks Tyrod is the future is a reasonable one. I'm not calling you an idiot. Everyone has unreasonable opinions.

Some guy said that he'd take Karlos over Zeke. That's his opinion. He defended it. I found it unreasonable.

Edited by jmc12290

I'm sorry, but I don't find your opinion that McD thinks Tyrod is the future is a reasonable one. I'm not calling you an idiot. Everyone has unreasonable opinions.

Some guy said that he'd take Karlos over Zeke. That's his opinion. He defended it. I found it unreasonable.

Find whatever you want unreasonable. When you accuse someone of being delusional, you're asking for exactly what this thread thread turned into.

The "future" is a relative term. If the future means the next 2 years, then TT is McD's guy. McD had weeks to review TT's tape and look at all other options available. He is a methodical, detail-oriented and analytical and all part of his "process" when making decisions. The Sammy situation was very similar and McD does not just make quick proclamations without giving them serious thought. What we know is that McD thoroughly reviewed TT and came to the conclusion that he was their best option at basically 15m per year. Would he and the Bills gone higher, nobody knows except for McD. But TT seemed eager to stay with the Bills right from the beginning of McD's hire. After being treated poorly at the end of the season, he called McD after he was hired and he was there for his first press conference. It is clear that TT wanted to be with the Bills or otherwise he would have just disappeared and rehabbed on his own. But instead, he stayed in Buffalo and rehabbed and he and McD got to know each other further. TT and McD are similar guys in that they are very competitive, hard-working and down to earth. In addition to what McD saw on tape, I believe TT's dedication and hard working attitude won him over. McD said he wanted a "leader" at the QB position and he decided to go with TT. the 2 year deal gives McD more than enough time to see TT under his system. McD also hired Dennison before making the decision on TT. This gave him further insight on TT. McD interviewed Dennison and it is clear that Dennison has been a fan of TT. This would have come through during the interview process and McD hired the OC who believes in TT. All reports indicated that McD and Whaley were at odds over TT. Hiring Dennison gave McD another voice that would be on his side as far as keeping TT.

Getting back to TT, it was clear he wanted to stay in Buffalo from the beginning of McD's hire. Why? I really don't know but I can take an educated guess. TT looked at his situation in Buffalo and saw an offense that had been in the top 10 in the NFL in scoring. In fact, they were in the top 5 in scoring from week 2 thru week 16. This was without Watkins (he was a shell of himself all last year) and a rash of injuries at the wr position. He sees that he has a solid OL and some playmakers around him (Watkins, Clay, McCoy) when healthy. His early meetings with McD likely went well and he sees the HC hire an OC that believes in him. An OC that will install a system that he is familiar with and that he believes will maximize his potential. I know we are used to athletes just going to the team that pays the most $, but not all of them do this. I see TT as a guy that wants to be paid fairly but will not try and hold a team hostage to try and squeeze every last dollar out of them. TT likes his supporting cast and he likes his OC. He probably really likes McD. There would have only been only 5-6 other NFL teams out there that were looking to upgrade their starting QB (Chicago, Denver, Jets, Cleveland, Houston, SF). 4 of those teams have limited weapons on offense and TT would be risking going to a new team, with a new system and lesser offensive weapons. In Denver and Houston, the teams have been solid (slightly better than the Bills). But maybe they did not show as much interest or maybe TT did not feel those teams would be running a Shanahan/Kubiak offense that he felt comfortable with. There certainly could be other reasons but if I am TT why not stay in Buffalo. I have friends on the team and have talented weapons around me. I am very familiar with Dennison's offense and think it will maximize my abilities. I trust myself and have bet on myself before. Why not do it again as I am still going to get paid 30mil over 2 years. I want to be great and that is more important to me than going to a new city, team and system just to squeeze out a few extra million. Again, I don't pretend to know this as fact but it all seems very reasonable and plausible.

Edited by racketmaster

Seriously transplant, lighten up.

Wow... 2 days this thread was dying and you decide to bump it with this?

Seems weird to me... almost like you want to keep this discussion going :flirt:

Yeah...seems like he's getting a little heated.

Not heated. Just hilarious how hypocritical some of the most adamantly and vocally critical posters are.

Wow... 2 days this thread was dying and you decide to bump it with this?

Seems weird to me... almost like you want to keep this discussion going :flirt:

Not heated. Just hilarious how hypocritical some of the most adamantly and vocally critical posters are.

I decided to bump it up? Don't flatter yourself into thinking I chose to search you out.

I have the threads sorted by latest post, so I read the unread ones on the first page.

As a Exiled BBMBer the reputation we receive isn't that great and frankly I don't want to be lumped in the negative posters.

Relax a bit is all we're trying to say. If you must do some name calling keep the to PM's.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I decided to bump it up? I have the threads sorted by latest post, so don't flatter yourself into thinking I chose to search you out.

Relax a bit is all we're trying to say. If you must do some name calling keep the to PM's.

Where was I name calling?

I don't think I've made this personal in any manner. I've just been talking about the issue and expressing my views.

I think you're confusing pointing out incredible fallacies or ironies as a "personal attack," when it's nothing of the sort.

Where was I name calling?

Such a friggin hypocrite.

I don't think I've made this personal in any manner. I've just been talking about the issue and expressing my views.

I think you're confusing pointing out incredible fallacies or ironies as a "personal attack," when it's nothing of the sort.

That looks personal imo.

I'll make a mental note to let 2 day threads die.