Pat's or Geno's ?

Going to be in Philly with my son tomorrow, Pat's or Geno's for Philly virgins ?

South Philly for the best Italian restaurants...right on Broad Street not far from the stadiums......I agree with others...Pat's and Geno's is crap food

Pats and Geno's are WAY overrated. Such a tourist trap.

If you want GOOD cheesesteaks on South Street, all you need to know is Jim's

This. There are a thousand shops in the area that are better than Pat's or Geno's. Also agree on John's Roast Pork with Greens. So much great food in that town.

Go to Reading Terminal Market. Literally good food surrounding you. My favorites are the rib sandwich from the Rib Stand, apple dumpling from the Dutch Eating Place (get it with heavy cream on top not whipped), roast pork sandwich at Dinic's, and ice cream at Bassett's. But to answer your original question, I'm a Geno's guy if it's only the two.

Steve's Prince of Steaks is the best you will find. Jim's and John's Roast Pork are also great recommendations. If it must be Pats or Genos, do Pat's. Don't get Genos.

Tony Luke's makes a good steak, but are a tier below the top IMO.

Edited by Fetou

Go to Reading Terminal Market. Literally good food surrounding you. My favorites are the rib sandwich from the Rib Stand, apple dumpling from the Dutch Eating Place (get it with heavy cream on top not whipped), roast pork sandwich at Dinic's, and ice cream at Bassett's. But to answer your original question, I'm a Geno's guy if it's only the two.

Reading Terminal Market is an orgy of incredible food.

Geno's. Ask for Whiz, otherwise the steak has no flavor (same with Pat's).

+1 That place is awesome!

Steve's Prince of Steaks is the best you will find. Jim's and John's Roast Pork are also great recommendations. If it must be Pats or Genos, do Pat's. Don't get Genos.

Tony Luke's makes a good steak, but are a tier below the top IMO.

The Roast Pork at John's is very tender and flavorful, but the cooks there are pricks! Apparently, there's a house rule where you're supposed to order food on the grill first before ready made food.

Tony Luke's - they bake their own rolls. But for overall experience, probably Pat's.

And no cheez whiz!

Agree, lived in the area for three yrs

busy as hell

Primo hoagies for me