The only question you need to ask yourself

Rigotz

Picks are great if you haves FO that knows what its doing.

This.... If Whaley is making the selections or even McDermott, we all know what Whaley's version of a franchise QB is (EJ, Cardale) and do we know if McDermott knows what a franchise QB looks like? We can only hope so but if we get it wrong again then what good were these picks we just got? On the positive side they could actually hit on the QB then of course it was all worth it.

This.... If Whaley is making the selections or even McDermott, we all know what Whaley's version of a franchise QB is (EJ, Cardale) and do we know if McDermott knows what a franchise QB looks like? We can only hope so but if we get it wrong again then what good were these picks we just got? On the positive side they could actually hit on the QB then of course it was all worth it.

You should eat at Arbys.

For some of us, this argument does nothing to address the real frustration we have with this frustration:

The cyclical drafting habits and lack of a long term plan.

It's nice value, sure. I'm happy they got what they wanted and all that, but there is a real lack of planning going on here. Whaley drafted Gilmore, decided not to re-sign him, but then waited until after he didn't re-sign him to draft his replacement. I'm not sure what the plan was with that exactly. Waste a top 10 pick on Gilmore and go all-in with that for four years? What was the point - there's still no resolution at QB? It's a waste. It's all been a waste. It shows no foresight and don't tell me I haven't been saying this since the Winfield > Clements > Greer carousel started.

This franchise has overvalued CB and RB in the draft and has suffered tremendously for nearly 20 years because they haven't had a consistent plan. If Tyrod Taylor really is the plan, then call me in three years and let's talk about how many playoff games we've won.

Andy Reid could have been wrong about Mahomes, I don't know... I didn't follow the draft as closely this year, but if he's right it will just be another classic Bills draft hilarity.

White, unlike Gilmour will not screw you in pass defense. he's a solid corner, not flashy just gets the job done. I'll take him and another first and 3rd this year.

It was a good call.

Tim-

Already chalking him up better than Gilmore? Optimistic

This franchise has overvalued CB and RB in the draft and has suffered tremendously for nearly 20 years because they haven't had a consistent plan.

There's no data that supports this. It's been talked about on here quite a bit that the perception doesn't actually match the amount of draft capital the Bills have spent on certain positions compared to other teams.

Edited by jeremy2020

For some of us, this argument does nothing to address the real frustration we have with this frustration:

The cyclical drafting habits and lack of a long term plan.

It's nice value, sure. I'm happy they got what they wanted and all that, but there is a real lack of planning going on here. Whaley drafted Gilmore, decided not to re-sign him, but then waited until after he didn't re-sign him to draft his replacement. I'm not sure what the plan was with that exactly. Waste a top 10 pick on Gilmore and go all-in with that for four years? What was the point - there's still no resolution at QB? It's a waste. It's all been a waste. It shows no foresight and don't tell me I haven't been saying this since the Winfield > Clements > Greer carousel started.

This franchise has overvalued CB and RB in the draft and has suffered tremendously for nearly 20 years because they haven't had a consistent plan. If Tyrod Taylor really is the plan, then call me in three years and let's talk about how many playoff games we've won.

Andy Reid could have been wrong about Mahomes, I don't know... I didn't follow the draft as closely this year, but if he's right it will just be another classic Bills draft hilarity.

Looks like a plan to me...we had Gilmore for 4 years...he was decent...now we don't have to pay him top dollar and we draft his replacement. And pick up a first and a 3rd while doing it.

Do you guy not get we just picked up 3 players for trading back 17 spots?

If the pick was Lattimore, great move down. The question is why leave Reuben Foster on the board ? Take him and get a DB in round two that's just about as good as TW. This team needs difference makers in the front seven and solid players in the secondary. Set themselves up well, then screwed the pooch taking a CB and not a stud like Foster.

Looks like a plan to me...we had Gilmore for 4 years...he was decent...now we don't have to pay him top dollar and we draft his replacement. And pick up a first and a 3rd while doing it.

Do you guy not get we just picked up 3 players for trading back 17 spots?

No, I think I understand that perfectly. Did you even read my post?