Bills looking to move down: rapoport

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be stoked. While it would be nice to have the kind of talent you can get in the 10 spot, it's better for us this year to make a minor sacrifice in quality for quantity. Lots of starters will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Maybe they're targeting a QB like Mahomes or Watson and they want to get additional picks to use for a WR and defensive help.

But why give up on Howard. Take him and do to Pats what they've been doing to us for years. A big TE their LBs and corners can't cover.

But why give up on Howard. Take him and do to Pats what they've been doing to us for years. A big TE their LBs and corners can't cover.

The Pats have Tom Brady and an offensive line that can pass block. You take Howard, you're either asking him to help Jordan Mills with his pass blocking, while Clay is lined up as a receiver, or you're asking Clay to help Jordan Mills pass block while Howard is lined up as a receiver. In each case, you're either wasting the talent of a TE with a $9 million cap hit or you're wasting the talent of a TE you took 10th overall.

Because its the smartest thing to do in a really deep draft.

Um Atlanta has done it before right?

Ok I give you that on the first one. the second I forgot. 2 first rounders for the 10th pick! Geez that's why they aren't one of the top draft picking teams. Whom did they do that for?

Just as Sal said - I don't read that tweet as a potential trade between the Falcons and Bills. Just two separate stories in the same tweet.

1.) The Falcons are looking to move up

2.) The Bills are looking to move down.

I'd be shocked if we moved from 10-31.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

The Pats have Tom Brady and an offensive line that can pass block. You take Howard, you're either asking him to help Jordan Mills with his pass blocking, while Clay is lined up as a receiver, or you're asking Clay to help Jordan Mills pass block while Howard is lined up as a receiver. In each case, you're either wasting the talent of a TE with a $9 million cap hit or you're wasting the talent of a TE you took 10th overall.

Or send both out on pass routes. Either one or both will get mis-matched and TT will have a short quick pass he can throw safely. This is what Pats have been trying to do to the league but due to crimes or injuries they have not be able to execute (thankfully).

Or you know, you actually send them both out on routes and give the passing game a chance. Both TEs can block so the threat of the run is always there. Having 2 complete TEs makes BOTH of them better and has the added benefit of helping out the O-line on occasion. By that logic your argument for not taking a WR is we're wasting the 10th pick of the draft on all the downs we don't pass.