Man I Miss Ralph Wilson

Nobody is going to convince me that the guy who is responsible for 98% of the sports happiness I've had in my lifetime is anything but a saint so don't even try lol

Good way to look at it.

What was going to happen in the 00s, the best coaches and free agents were going to crawl on broken glass to play for the Bills?

It was always fun when people asked what it cost to have good seasons and I said $700 USD... they didn't believe it and I recruited a few new fans from Toronto who enjoyed splitting it up with friends.

Ralph never paid for a stadium or upgrades/renovation. Why would there ever have been a "seating license"?

Because that was kind of the thing that was done in the 1990s?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good way to look at it.

What was going to happen in the 00s, the best coaches and free agents were going to crawl on broken glass to play for the Bills?

It was always fun when people asked what it cost to have good seasons and I said $700 USD... they didn't believe it and I recruited a few new fans from Toronto who enjoyed splitting it up with friends.

Because that was kind of the thing that was done in the 1990s?

Financially he seemed to be one step ahead because the prices were on point for the area and he kept the team profitable in a small market through like 15 bad seasons

Yes I know we lost a lot under Ralph but we were like an underdog that nobody hated. Every single year it FELT like something good was going to happen even though most of the time it didn't near the end. Ralph seemed to be older and stubborn but he loved Buffalo and the team and you never forgot having seen him in the locker room with JK, Reed, and all the legends giving out hugs and patting guys on the back and smiling like crazy. Say what you want about Ralph but he would have never considered bringing a DB like Rex to coach this team, he never deserved to be here in the first place. Ralph had that old school class that you just have or you don't. That dude is a true legend just as much or more so than all of our hall of famers. People swore he was hoarding money and maybe he was but what did he do with it? Gave away billions right back to the communities where it came from. In this New Era so to speak I don't know what to expect. I'm happy the Bills are still in Buffalo but if we are about to become a big national joke then the team would have been better off gone. I think most know that this is a turning point. The honeymoon is over and Buffalos' Grandad Ralph is watching. Respect what he built let's crush this draft, have a good season and make Ralph proud.

"...about to become a big national joke..."? They already are.

it just wasn't much.

OK dude 11 Hall Of Famers if you count James Lofton and 4 straight Superbowls. Let's see if your new team ever accomplishes anything remotely close

"...about to become a big national joke..."? They already are.

I don't think people see us on the level of the Browns yet but I may be wrong

Financially he seemed to be one step ahead because the prices were on point for the area and he kept the team profitable in a small market through like 15 bad seasons

As the family wanted nothing to do with it, I hope he wasn't made miserable by them his last decade.

Wow you just dismissed a lot of work by a lot of people but OK blind squirrel whatever

Yeah, blind squirrel.

Tell us about all the great accomplishments outside of that era.

Well, there are those two AFL Championships in an 8 team league.......

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Nobody is going to convince me that the guy who is responsible for 98% of the sports happiness I've had in my lifetime is anything but a saint so don't even try lol

That's fine. At the end of the day it is only a game. We as fans get carried away at times.

Felt that way for me or else why would I have kept coming back? Every single year I thought we were going to win

I think I felt that way through the '90s... not sure about after that though. I still remember the Marv Levy press conference where he told everyone they would spend "cash to the cap".... season lost!

Yeah, blind squirrel.

Tell us about all the great accomplishments outside of that era.

Well, there are those two AFL Championships in an 8 team league.......

Tell me about when it's happened anywhere else ever. The Bills are not the first team who sucked over some period of time and they won't be the last there are more bad teams than good ones at any given time but it's unheard of to dominate the AFC the way we did.

Edited by Madd Charlie

Proof that it's part of the human condition to look back with fondness and forget the negative stuff.

I respect the man and all he did, but being a Bills fan with 1 game in Toronto and feeling totally hopeless while a small group of insiders run the team was hardly something to pine for.

Also, Jauron was a much better coach than many give him credit for. He did better than Gailey here, and Jauron had Losman and trent as his QBs.

Proof that it's part of the human condition to look back with fondness and forget the negative stuff.

I respect the man and all he did, but being a Bills fan with 1 game in Toronto and feeling totally hopeless while a small group of insiders run the team was hardly something to pine for.

Also, Jauron was a much better coach than many give him credit for. He did better than Gailey here, and Jauron had Losman and trent as his QBs.

valid, valid and valid but looking back if he didn't do things the way that he did the Bills wouldn't be here right now. The magic it took to be profitable in this market with the product on the field profitable is insane. Look at the cities that have lost teams over the last 20 years. With the exception of maybe Cleveland, all have more success on the field and a higher population within traveling distance of the stadium