Man I Miss Ralph Wilson

Yes I know we lost a lot under Ralph but we were like an underdog that nobody hated. Every single year it FELT like something good was going to happen even though most of the time it didn't near the end. Ralph seemed to be older and stubborn but he loved Buffalo and the team and you never forgot having seen him in the locker room with JK, Reed, and all the legends giving out hugs and patting guys on the back and smiling like crazy. Say what you want about Ralph but he would have never considered bringing a DB like Rex to coach this team, he never deserved to be here in the first place. Ralph had that old school class that you just have or you don't. That dude is a true legend just as much or more so than all of our hall of famers. People swore he was hoarding money and maybe he was but what did he do with it? Gave away billions right back to the communities where it came from. In this New Era so to speak I don't know what to expect. I'm happy the Bills are still in Buffalo but if we are about to become a big national joke then the team would have been better off gone. I think most know that this is a turning point. The honeymoon is over and Buffalos' Grandad Ralph is watching. Respect what he built let's crush this draft, have a good season and make Ralph proud.

Edited by Madd Charlie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I know we lost a lot under Ralph but we were like an underdog that nobody hated. Every single year it FELT like something good was going to happen even though most of the time it didn't near the end. Ralph seemed to be older and stubborn but he loved Buffalo and the team and you never forgot having seen him in the locker room with JK, Reed, and all the legends giving out hugs and patting guys on the back and smiling like crazy. Say what you want about Ralph but he would have never considered bringing a DB like Rex to coach this team, he never deserved to be here in the first place. Ralph had that old school class that you just have or you don't. That dude is a true legend just as much or more so than all of our hall of famers. People swore he was hoarding money and maybe he was but what did he do with it? Gave away billions right back to the communities where it came from. In this New Era so to speak I don't know what to expect. I'm happy the Bills are still in Buffalo but if we are about to become a big national joke then the team would have been better off gone. I think most know that this is a turning point. The honeymoon is over and Buffalos' Grandad Ralph is watching. Respect what he built let's crush this draft, have a good season and make Ralph proud.

:blink: Is that how you remember it?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No, instead he gave us a stoic Dick Jauron to contend with for (almost) 4 seasons.

Felt that way for me or else why would I have kept coming back? Every single year I thought we were going to win

I remember feeling like Ralph wouldn't or couldn't spend on coaches and scouts, and if he did, had no idea who to hire, and the national media calling us a joke. That and the constant fear the Bills would leave. Good times.

I remember feeling like Ralph wouldn't or couldn't spend on coaches and scouts, and if he did, had no idea who to hire, and the national media calling us a joke. That and the constant fear the Bills would leave. Good times.

Looking back I think Ralph had trust issues he seemed to keep his circle small and only count on people he was familiar with. I don't know if that was age or he got burned but clearly the team was profitable enough that the new owners and the league made it a priority to keep the team here so he did something right. Oakland and San Diego couldn't get it right but little old Buffalo did. Ralph gets the credit for that

Edited by Madd Charlie

Looking back I think Ralph had trust issues he seemed to keep his circle small and only count on people he was familiar with. I don't know if that was age or he got burned but clearly the team was profitable enough that the new owners and the league made it a priority to keep the team here so he did something right. Oakland and San Diego couldn't get it right but little old Buffalo did. Ralph gets the credit for that

Ralph gets much credit and respect for all the good he did. But as an owner of an NFL team he was weak, and got weaker as he aged.

I was grateful for great season tickets for many years that were way below national average value, without a seating license.

Ralph never paid for a stadium or upgrades/renovation. Why would there ever have been a "seating license"?