Andy Benoit on Bills and draft

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of them are quite funny. I still don't get this mocking Spongebob fad though :D

I'll remember this for a few of the fans I've seen having a pop at Andy when they go "who is #75?" in the first preseason game.

I dOn'T gEt ThIs MoCkInG sPoNgEbOb FaD tHoUgH

One could argue Tyrod is more of a pocket passer than Cam Newton is.

Tyrod ran a combined 199 times in his last 2 years as a starter.

Cam Newton ran a combined 222 times in his last 2 years.

Tyrod outgained him though because he is more athletic than Cam Newton.

Newton gained 995 yards. Tyrod gained 1148 with less runs.

By the way, Tyrod also beat him in passing stats. Tyrod was more accurate - considerably more so. Higher completion percentage. Higher yards per pass.

Face it. For as much flak as Tyrod has gotten from Bills "fans" - he has actually been a better player than Cam Newton who is held in such high regard around here.

How many people would have guessed that? Weird huh?

You have just taken Tyrod fanboy to another level. Let's see if the Panthers would deal us Newton for Tyrod. Maybe they will even throw in a pick.

Cam Newton was the MVP of the NFL and went 15-1 with Ted Freakin Ginn as his number 1 wr. He has accounted for 22 more tds and nearly 1,300 more passing yards I the last 2 years. Cam wins games on his own while Tyrod tries not to lose games.

Cam Newton is what Tyrod wants to be when he grows up. What a silly comparison.

You have just taken Tyrod fanboy to another level. Let's see if the Panthers would deal us Newton for Tyrod. Maybe they will even throw in a pick.

Cam Newton was the MVP of the NFL and went 15-1 with Ted Freakin Ginn as his number 1 wr. He has accounted for 22 more tds and nearly 1,300 more passing yards I the last 2 years. Cam wins games on his own while Tyrod tries not to lose games.

Cam Newton is what Tyrod wants to be when he grows up. What a silly comparison.

yeah I really dont know if talent wise I wanna put Cam and Tyrod in the same area....that might be a little hard to defend.

Do they have some similar traits? Yes.......Do I think Tyrod is more of a leader who will not whine at the podium....yes

yeah I really dont know if talent wise I wanna put Cam and Tyrod in the same area....that might be a little hard to defend.

Do they have some similar traits? Yes.......Do I think Tyrod is more of a leader who will not whine at the podium....yes

I get your point on his leadership. But to compare Newton to Taylor is just silly. CN has won on every level, set rookie passing records in the NFL, won a Heisman and MVP, and is 6'5".

Hasn't this "throw with anticipation" shtick grown into another Zombie Talking Point? We saw that happen on throws across the middle. Yes, Taylor started off 2015 shunning the center of the field, probably shielded by the coaches while getting experience. But by the end of the year TT was making more middle throws, which were reflected in the numbers. I've seen a good half-dozen detailed statistical studies since, both in this forum and others. They all show the same thing : Taylor does throw less across the middle, but that's typical of NFL quarterbacks. His average is lower than his peers, but only by a few percentage points. Given his number of attempts, this translates to plus-minus two attempts per game. The last study actually showed TT as successful with middle throws by completion percent and yards per attempt - despite his slightly lower numbers.

So : We identified an area where Taylor can improve relative to the competition. End of story, right? Not a chance. Instead it grew into a narrative on the way to becoming a myth. People wailed in anguish, "If only we had a QB who could make middle throws." We heard howling lamentation, choking rage, gnashing of teeth. It wasn't that he utilized the middle slightly less than others, but never at all! It wasn't an area where Taylor could improve, but a hopeless crippling weakness! Yep, TT's two attempts per game had morphed into a Zombie Talking Point.

The "throw with anticipation" thing is the same. Actually watch a Bill's game and, yes, you will see Taylor throw with anticipation. Actually watch another quarterback and, yes, you'll see him throw to open targets. Eliminate the 90% of common throws and I'm sure there's some small percent of shading buried within the 10% left. Enough for a narrative? You betcha! You just have to want it enough.....

Hasn't this "throw with anticipation" shtick grown into another Zombie Talking Point? We saw that happen on throws across the middle. Yes, Taylor started off 2015 shunning the center of the field, probably shielded by the coaches while getting experience. But by the end of the year TT was making more middle throws, which were reflected in the numbers. I've seen a good half-dozen detailed statistical studies since, both in this forum and others. They all show the same thing : Taylor does throw less across the middle, but that's typical of NFL quarterbacks. His average is lower than his peers, but only by a few percentage points. Given his number of attempts, this translates to plus-minus two attempts per game. The last study actually showed TT as successful with middle throws by completion percent and yards per attempt - despite his slightly lower numbers.

So : We identified an area where Taylor can improve relative to the competition. End of story, right? Not a chance. Instead it grew into a narrative on the way to becoming a myth. People wailed in anguish, "If only we had a QB who could make middle throws." We heard howling lamentation, choking rage, gnashing of teeth. It wasn't that he utilized the middle slightly less than others, but never at all! It wasn't an area where Taylor could improve, but a hopeless crippling weakness! Yep, TT's two attempts per game had morphed into a Zombie Talking Point.

The "throw with anticipation" thing is the same. Actually watch a Bill's game and, yes, you will see Taylor throw with anticipation. Actually watch another quarterback and, yes, you'll see him throw to open targets. Eliminate the 90% of common throws and I'm sure there's some small percent of shading buried within the 10% left. Enough for a narrative? You betcha! You just have to want it enough.....

All that for nothing? A QB that does zero presnap and struggles running a two minute drill is useless in modern day football. Unless the coaching staff can change that he is gone sooner than later and I don't care which part of the field he is throwing to.