1980 Season

https://youtu.be/vMWjVcSjTRo

Caught this on YouTube just now. Thought maybe some fans would enjoy it here. The win to break the streak against the Dolphins that year was great. The Kodak commercials were another plus.

Maybe there's some similarities to this years squad? Both 7-9 the year before and not many had expectations for them. Here's too good things next year

Chuck Knox era teams are still my favorites. That 1980 season (I was 15) was the first time in my lifetime where there was a feeling that the Bills could possibly win a championship. It didn't happen, obviously, but those 1980 and 1981 seasons were magic for me...really cemented my love for sports, and for the Bills. I didn't live in WNY for the Super Bowl years, or the Sabres 1999 Stanley Cup appearence...so the only thing I have to compare it with, was the Sabres Finals appearance in 1975...the whole city was transfixed on the Bills for those two years..it was before the internet, so there wasn't somebody there to crap all over everything, at every second...great memories. To this day, 4 of my all-time favorite Bills players are Ferguson, Butler Cribbs and Steve Freeman.

My favorite team......My name is on that Dolphins goal post, wherever it might be these days.

Chuck Knox era teams are still my favorites. That 1980 season (I was 15) was the first time in my lifetime where there was a feeling that the Bills could possibly win a championship. It didn't happen, obviously, but those 1980 and 1981 seasons were magic for me...really cemented my love for sports, and for the Bills. I didn't live in WNY for the Super Bowl years, or the Sabres 1999 Stanley Cup appearence...so the only thing I have to compare it with, was the Sabres Finals appearance in 1975...the whole city was transfixed on the Bills for those two years..it was before the internet, so there wasn't somebody there to crap all over everything, at every second...great memories. To this day, 4 of my all-time favorite Bills players are Ferguson, Butler Cribbs and Steve Freeman.

Haha - I was wondering why you hadn't posted yet!.............I had a few windows open and posted mine, and then yours appeared!

The Steelers dynasty was through, a first year in a long time where the playoffs were open to anyone taking it all, and a wild card did.

We would have had the Raiders at home in the AFC Championship, and the weather that day was, well, I just looked it up - 2 degrees was the low and 6 degrees was the high.

One of my favorite teams. Oh if Ferguson had not hurt his ankle.

I have an autographed football from most of the team. Real signatures. Real ink.

Cribbs was such a great talent. Butler too.

It was good times after the maelstrom years of Post-Juice.

Got a playoff win the next year.

then the strike season

then .500

then WHAMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so funny..I can remember players, games and specific plays from those seasons, where as the recent years the games are pretty much a blur...I think I if I tried, I could remember where I was, and who was with me, when I watched each game.

It's so funny..I can remember players, games and specific plays from those seasons, where as the recent years the games are pretty much a blur...I think I if I tried, I could remember where I was, and who was with me, when I watched each game.

if you remembered much in detail since 2000 you would be punished for it, just let it be a big black hole put into a red balloon and watch it sail away...

someone else threw some highlights on a few weeks ago...

Win against the Rams in OT that year still a Top 5 Bills game in my mind..definitely top 5 I have attended.

yep.. mentioned that about being there.. smerlas, haslett , came back out.. cold crappy weather.. but a great memory

That team rose and then fell just as quickly.

The 82 strike hurt a lot of teams, but it DESTROYED the Bills.

If the strike didn't happen that 82 Bills team could have been the one.

True. I was at the Minnesota Thursday night game in Week 2. We go 2-0. Everybody's chanting "Don't strike!"

But, the good thing to come out of it was in '87, the players took a different approach, and had their own practices, etc. - and the glory days commenced after that strike.................In between the two strikes - OMG! Although '83 wasn't too bad, but it was so weird knowing that Joe Cribbs was leaving.

I'm exactly the same way. Part of it is age, and part of it is that these years have very little that is memorable!