Tom Brady's charitable foundation

Brady has certainly had a huge effect on the fund raising of Best Buddies over the years. Is it OK with you that Best Buddies is the major source of funding for Brady's own charitable trust which supports organizations like his high school and the private school(s) he sends his kids to?

not that there's anything "wrong" with that

Hmm..although on the surface I don't have a problem with the one charity donating to the other, supoorting his kid's school seems wrong to me. No need for tony private schools to keep building their endowments..that money could be spent way better at schools that actually need the money

Brady has certainly had a huge effect on the fund raising of Best Buddies over the years. Is it OK with you that Best Buddies is the major source of funding for Brady's own charitable trust which supports organizations like his high school and the private school(s) he sends his kids to?

not that there's anything "wrong" with that

There does seem to be an impropriety here but I am not concerned because that is a charity that I will probably not be donating to. It is also these types of things that keep me from donating to certain charities.

Ultimately, he's donating charitable money to a school. Is that really improper? It might not be the school i would donate to but just because it also benefits his kids isn't somehow wrong.

If he's straight up lying to donors that's shady though and something donors should consider when selecting a charity to donate to

So he uses his celebrity status and personal time to generate a bunch of money that he then steers to causes that are personally important to him?

What a scumbag

Just a day in the life of a Foxborough big shot. Brady learned well from Kraft and Bellycheat. If you don't like the rules, pay somebody to change them or cheat.

Of course all of the Brady admirers (Bills "fans" too), will all join hands in a line to protect Brady just like they did with the slew or cheating scandals. They will get mighty sick of chanting "nothing to see here". Funny thing about that is if they say there is nothing to see, that means there almost definitely is something to see. Like when a used car lot is called "Honest Bob's", you can rest assured Bob is anything but honest; just like the serial cheater, evidence destroying Tom.

Obviously, it should all be transparent. But to say he's giving money to his kid's school makes it sound like they are the only ones there. A LOT of kids and families benefit from this. I can't get too worked up about this, though people should know what they are giving to.

Unrelated, but a school near us was lucky to have Arthur Blank's kids there when they started a building campaign a few years ago. Nice to have a single guy who can tilt the scales like that with lots of digits and commas in a single check.

problem is under the guise of donating to different charity

Oh no. Money being directed from one 501c3 to another. Someone call the police. Thank god TSW Security is on it.

Edited by jimmy10

This is what rich people do. Nothing to see imo. As another poster mentioned it's also why I'm cynical regarding charities.

So, when you get those 2-3 phone calls a night at dinner time, you don't write a check to everyone? (I'm tempted to ditch the land line because of those people!)

In fairness, people should know where their money is going, but I'll still sleep tonight. That's the risk you take when you give to a nebulous cause. I suggest giving to St Jude Children's Hopital, then you know you did good. :)

Edited by Augie

Can see you all have never donated significant time and money to a charity or cause that carries great weight in your lives

Who the !@#$ cares?

People who have made real sacrifices in giving time and or money to this particular cause

This is what rich people do. Nothing to see imo. As another poster mentioned it's also why I'm cynical regarding charities.

This is not what rich people do, and why would you be cynical on charities? So many great things happen at the local level, and so many lives impacted...you should check some opportunities out in locality.

Oh no. Money being directed from one 501c3 to another. Someone call the police. Thank god TSW Security is on it.

again, it is a big deal if you or your loved ones are affected by the work that organization does, or if you wanted to donate to a specific cause instead of a tony private school.

Edited by plenzmd1

"But several nonprofit monitors said Best Buddies appears to be falling short by not reporting the payments to Brady’s foundation on its state and federal tax documents as fund-raising expenses."

“It looks sloppy,’’ said Art Taylor, president of the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. “The charity might want to clean it up a little bit and say Brady is providing this fund-raising service to us, thus we are compensating him in this way.’’

- He even cheats at charity.

Let's leave the hate for the football field.

There's not enough time in 6 hours a year to hate Brady, so it spills over to my regular life, especially when he manipulates a charity to benefit other rich folks.

This is why folks should not give money to huge ambiguous charities, so little ends up actually getting to the specified cause (even in non-corrupt organizations). Like was mentioned above, give directly to st judes, or your local shelter, humane society, VA, etc. Then your money goes directly in.