Tom Brady's charitable foundation

There's not enough time in 6 hours a year to hate Brady, so it spills over to my regular life, especially when he manipulates a charity to benefit other rich folks.

This is why folks should not give money to huge ambiguous charities, so little ends up actually getting to the specified cause (even in non-corrupt organizations). Like was mentioned above, give directly to st judes, or your local shelter, humane society, VA, etc. Then your money goes directly in.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Brady...this is not one of them IMO....

Hmm..although on the surface I don't have a problem with the one charity donating to the other, supoorting his kid's school seems wrong to me. No need for tony private schools to keep building their endowments..that money could be spent way better at schools that actually need the money

Yeah, that's how the world works... :rolleyes:

Ultimately, he's donating charitable money to a school. Is that really improper? It might not be the school i would donate to but just because it also benefits his kids isn't somehow wrong.

If he's straight up lying to donors that's shady though and something donors should consider when selecting a charity to donate to

as long as there is no hinky business (taxes) and it's made clear to donors where the money is going. These "personal" charities are often for some sort of manipulation of the tax code

Edited by jeremy2020

Hmm..although on the surface I don't have a problem with the one charity donating to the other, supoorting his kid's school seems wrong to me. No need for tony private schools to keep building their endowments..that money could be spent way better at schools that actually need the money

IMO, ppl can donate to whatever charity they desire. We pay taxes (charity) that goes to places we may not want it to...

I can't comment about whether or not he did anything wrong with his foundation because I have not read all the detail, but....

If it walks like a duck.....ie. repeatedly cheating at his job

If it quacks like a duck......ie. finding a model and kicking your pregnant baby momma to the curb

Then it might be a duck.

Can see you all have never donated significant time and money to a charity or cause that carries great weight in your lives

People who have made real sacrifices in giving time and or money to this particular cause

This is not what rich people do, and why would you be cynical on charities? So many great things happen at the local level, and so many lives impacted...you should check some opportunities out in locality.

again, it is a big deal if you or your loved ones are affected by the work that organization does, or if you wanted to donate to a specific cause instead of a tony private school.

I'm not saying there aren't great charities out there. I'm just saying that I'm skeptical about foundations created by the wealthy. They are generally simply tax write offs. In order to be considered a charity only a small percentage needs to actually go to the charity. The remaining money can cover other costs i.e go tax free into someone's pocketbook.

Nothing to see here , donate to charities at your peril or dig into all of their grimy details before you do. Donator beware. I can't stand Brady fwiw, but zero f***s given about this.

This is how I feel. Studies have shown that it does more good to donate time rather than money to charity. Money is almost always squandered or used a different manner than most people think.

Nothing to see here , donate to charities at your peril or dig into all of their grimy details before you do. Donator beware. I can't stand Brady fwiw, but zero f***s given about this.

no ****. imagine if folks knew how bad susan komen (literally a disgrace) or the absolute vile and disgusting PETA or HSUS.

charities, even dav, ww, etc all have a lot of flaws.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/great site

This is how I feel. Studies have shown that it does more good to donate time rather than money to charity. Money is almost always squandered or used a different manner than most people think.

and in some ways, the money donated to brady is actually a payment for his time which appears to be substantial.