WR Mike Williams Visited Bills today

And yet Tyrod's yards per attempt the past two years has been above the league average, so I'm not at all sure the YAC deficiency is on him or is even a problem. He is obviously throwing the ball downfield. The low YAC might be a result of the type of passes he was asked to throw. For example, sideline routes are less likely to lead to YAC than screen passes and dump offs. Without context, your theory that the low YAC is a reflection of Tyrod's inaccuracy is nothing more than speculation.

There is no speculation of his inaccuracy. Games are littered with his bad passes

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no speculation of his inaccuracy. Games are littered with his bad passes

I never said Tyrod's accuracy is great, although it isn't nearly as bad as many here suggest, as demonstrated by his YPA. My point was that there isn't much evidence--at least in this thread-- that YAC is a good indicator of a qb's accuracy.

I never said Tyrod's accuracy is great, although it isn't nearly as bad as many here suggest, as demonstrated by his YPA. My point was that there isn't much evidence--at least in this thread-- that YAC is a good indicator of a qb's accuracy.

YPA doesn't demonstrate how accurate a QB is either

YPA doesn't demonstrate how accurate a QB is either

Not by itself, no. But it's hard for an innaccurate QB to have a high YPA. In the other hand, there is zero evidence (that I'm aware of) that YAC correlates with accuracy. Edited by mannc

Not by itself, no. But it's hard for an innaccurate QB to have a high YPA. In the other hand, there is zero evidence (that I'm aware of) that YAC correlates with accuracy.

It correlates with placement. A pass can be "on target" and catchable if it's just behind the receiver but where the pass is placed impacts the ability to create after the catch.

That's my issue with Tyrod and why I'm not sold that he's the man for a WCO. It's all about timing and he's no Alex Smith in that regard.

So ball placement doesn't help with YAC? Mean to tell me putting a ball where a WR can catch the ball in stride instead of behind him or in front of him, forcing him to change his inertia wouldn't help with YAC?

How many times I watched Sammy or Woods or whomever have to adjust their body to try and make a reception, or have to basically skin their knuckles trying to catch a ball...

Things like that absolutely effect the players ability after the catch.

I sort of like being contrarian in our approach. Run in a league where teams are built to stop the pass. Two tight ends can help the run game and still allow for a good and challenging passing attack (with he right guys). Makes for difficult matchups as the Cheaters have demonstrated.

Of course I like the idea of spreading the field to run too. Who am I kidding? I'm a fan of anything that works.... :)

it is really working for us too :wallbash: 17 years and counting