2017 NFL Schedule Predictions

2017 NFL schedule: Record predictions, analysis for all 32 teams

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/235535/2017-nfl-schedule-predicted-records-for-all-32-nfl-teams

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills

Predicted record: 6-10

New Bills coach Sean McDermott gets a break by avoiding all four games against division foes New England and Miami until December. But early trips to Carolina (Week 2) and Atlanta (Week 4) will not make it easy on the first-year head coach as he adjusts to his new gig and tries to reverse the failures of the Rex Ryan era. McDermott’s early message to his team is to “respect the process,” and while the Bills are not in full rebuild mode, their roster is not constructed to contend in 2017. -- Mike Rodak

WEEK 1 JETS W

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA L

WEEK 3 DENVER L

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA L

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI L

WWEK 6 BYE

WEEK 7 TAMPA W

WEEK 8 Oakland L

WEEK 9 @ JETS W

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS W

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS L

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY L

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS W

WEEK 15 MIAMI W

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 17 @MIAMI L

6-10 is about spot on, running through it real quick.

WEEK 1 JETS W

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA L

WEEK 3 DENVER L

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA L

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI L

WWEK 6 BYE

WEEK 7 TAMPA W

WEEK 8 Oakland L

WEEK 9 @ JETS W

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS W

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS L

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY L

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS W

WEEK 15 MIAMI W

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 17 @MIAMI L

I'd flip Denver to a win and have it at 7-9. A lot can change between now and then but on my first pass that's what it feels like.

WEEK 1 JETS W

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA L

WEEK 3 DENVER L

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA L

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI L

WWEK 6 BYE

WEEK 7 TAMPA W

WEEK 8 Oakland L

WEEK 9 @ JETS W

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS W

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS L

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY L

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS W

WEEK 15 MIAMI W

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 17 @MIAMI L

WEEK 1 JETS W

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA L

WEEK 3 DENVER L

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA L

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI L

WWEK 6 BYE

WEEK 7 TAMPA L

WEEK 8 Oakland L

WEEK 9 @ JETS W

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS W

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS L

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY L

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS W

WEEK 15 MIAMI W

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 17 @MIAMI L

I added a loss at Tampa Bay. 5-11.

If we draft Mahomes I would like his first game to be against New Orleans and Brees.

Edited by jeffismagic

Yes, it's too early, but like every team, we have talent to compete. Turning competitiveness into Wins has been our Achilles Heel this century. Yet again, we have an entirely new coaching staff which will have its' own inherent challenges, but I like what I think I see in McD and if a couple bounces go our way, 9-7/10/6. We're certainly overdue for fortunate bounces..

Coaching has kept this team out of the playoffs the past 2 years. Way too many close games decided by blunders or lack of discipline.

We don't know what we have in McDermott, but I love what I've seen so far. If he can turn this talented team into a disciplined, motivated unit that actually shows up to play each week, 10-6 or even 11-5 is possible.

No way we lose to Denver in my opinion. They are going to suck this year. Defense will take a big step back without Wade and I don't like either of their Quarterbacks.

I can actually see them somewhere in the 4-12 range. (Edit... by them I mean Denver).

Edited by GunnerBill

Do you really think the Bengals are finally going to move on from Lewis?

yes, I think the time has finally come for Mike Brown. He usually does a one year extension and didn't do that this year. Unless he wins a playoff game he's out. I think they will be crap on a stick. I do think Marvin might move into a FO role there though. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think that these predictions are indicative as to why the QB position is definitely on the table for the first round selection. Because there is no way Taylor is starting for this team in 2018 if they finish 6-10 or worse. So do they wait a year to pick their franchise QB of the future or do they want to have him here for a full year of development?

I predict that they'll trade back in the first for a 3rd or 4th round pick this year, plus a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2018. Then draft Watson in the early 20s and if he's gone they'll have an extra high pick for the 2018 draft to trade up for a QB if they need to.

Edited by 1billsfan

WEEK 1 JETS W
WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA W
WEEK 3 DENVER W
WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA L
WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI W
WWEK 6 BYE
WEEK 7 TAMPA W
WEEK 8 Oakland L
WEEK 9 @ JETS W
WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS L
WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS W
WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY L
WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND L
WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS W
WEEK 15 MIAMI W
WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 17 @MIAMI W

FIrst glance - 10-6 and a wildcard.

Yes!!

Subject to further adjustment and disappointment.

I think that these predictions are indicative as to why the QB position is definitely on the table for the first round selection. Because there is no way Taylor is starting for this team in 2018 if they finish 6-10 or worse. So do they wait a year to pick their franchise QB of the future or do they want to have him here for a full year of development?

I predict that they'll trade back in the first for a 3rd or 4th round pick this year, plus a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2018. Then draft Watson in the early 20s and if he's gone they'll have an extra high pick for the 2018 draft to trade up for a QB if they need to.

The defense is why the Bills missed the playoffs in 2016, not the offense.And now the offense is down more players. TT is the least of this team's problems.

WEEK 1 JETS W

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA L

WEEK 3 DENVER L

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA L

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI L

WWEK 6 BYE

WEEK 7 TAMPA L

WEEK 8 Oakland L

WEEK 9 @ JETS W

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS W

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS L

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY L

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS W

WEEK 15 MIAMI W

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND L

WEEK 17 @MIAMI L

I added a loss at Tampa Bay. 5-11.

If we draft Mahomes I would like his first game to be against New Orleans and Brees.

Tampa is at home, not on the road. That should be a win.

I concur with those predicting 7-9. Of course, there is still a lot of offseason to go, so it could change.

I see a sweep of the Jets (2), a split with Miami, and then wins over Denver, Cinicinnati, New Orleans and LA Chargers.

Here are the number of trips to the playoffs by the 32 NFL teams from 2000 through 2016:

New England 14...Green Bay 13...Indianapolis 13...Pittsburgh 11...Seattle 11...Baltimore 10...Philadelphia 10...Denver 9...NY Giants 8...Cincinnati 7...Atlanta 6...Carolina 6...Dallas 6...Kansas City 6...Minnesota 6...New Orleans 6...NY Jets 6...San Diego 6...San Francisco 5...Tampa Bay 5...Tennessee 5...Arizona 4...Chicago 4...Houston 4...Miami 4...Oakland 4...St. Louis 4...Detroit 3...Washington 3...Jacksonville 2...Cleveland 1....Buffalo 0.

Read more: http://wham1180.iheart.com/onair/bob-matthews-column-48622/matthews-pegulas-path-to-the-playoffs-15762928/#ixzz4euFk4YiY

Here are the number of trips to the playoffs by the 32 NFL teams from 2000 through 2016:

New England 14...Green Bay 13...Indianapolis 13...Pittsburgh 11...Seattle 11...Baltimore 10...Philadelphia 10...Denver 9...NY Giants 8...Cincinnati 7...Atlanta 6...Carolina 6...Dallas 6...Kansas City 6...Minnesota 6...New Orleans 6...NY Jets 6...San Diego 6...San Francisco 5...Tampa Bay 5...Tennessee 5...Arizona 4...Chicago 4...Houston 4...Miami 4...Oakland 4...St. Louis 4...Detroit 3...Washington 3...Jacksonville 2...Cleveland 1....Buffalo 0.

Read more: http://wham1180.iheart.com/onair/bob-matthews-column-48622/matthews-pegulas-path-to-the-playoffs-15762928/#ixzz4euFk4YiY

Welcome to the board Jerry Sullivan.

7-9. 18 years and counting more than likely. This roster has too many holes and not enough good depth. Esp. WR and CB.

Same record last year with inept coaching and Rex trying to save Robs career.

We have no idea on depth yet. Many fa's signed, draft next week and guys coming back from injury. This team could be as good as any in the afc outside of the pats.

And if McDermott can really coach, we might all be in for a surprise.