Buffalo Bud's 4/20 Mock Draft

BuffaloBud420

Your mock draft selection were poor ones in my opinion. Disagreeing with your draft doesn't mean a thing about my football knowledge, it means I have an opinion that is contrary to yours. You chose a LB who cannot play the one open linebacking position we have open, instead opting for a plodding player who could likely only play SAM, the one position we actually have backups for.

It's how you said it. When 4+ said it was a great draft.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mock draft selection were poor ones in my opinion. Disagreeing with your draft doesn't mean a thing about my football knowledge, it means I have an opinion that is contrary to yours. You chose a LB who cannot play the one open linebacking position we have open, instead opting for a plodding player who could likely only play SAM, the one position we actually have backups for.

I agree with you. There is also no value in having random posters' mock drafts as separate threads. Perhaps there should be a megathread for individuals' mocks?

None are good value there. It's an offensive league and Sammy has injury problems.

Reddick is good value at 10. I'd rather have Cunningham, Davis or Foster over a WR that will get 4 targets a game if they're lucky.

Not sure what makes you think it's an offensive league

It's an offensive league if you have a franchise QB. If you don't, you're only chance is to build a dominant defense. Ramon Hunber will never start for a dominant D in the NFL. Nor will Ben Boulware.

Like I said, the OP's mock draft success is mostly dependent upon how good Webb turns out to be.

I say that he won't turn out to be more productive than Taylor, and thus, would not overtake him.

If you're going to draft a QB then select one of the top four and hope that one of them turns into a franchise QB.

If not, then resign yourself to the fact that Taylor is your guy (at least for this year) and then take a flyer on a guy late in the draft (i.e. someone like Dobbs or Kelly). Both Dobbs and Kelly could end being just as good as Webb, if not better.

I actually really like Joshua Dobbs......especially in our situation

Reddick is good value at 10. I'd rather have Cunningham, Davis or Foster over a WR that will get 4 targets a game if they're lucky.

Not sure what makes you think it's an offensive league

It's an offensive league if you have a franchise QB. If you don't, you're only chance is to build a dominant defense. Ramon Hunber will never start for a dominant D in the NFL. Nor will Ben Boulware.

The 60+ points in the Super Bowl say otherwise. If Tyrod can't get them the ball, move on.

The 60+ points in the Super Bowl say otherwise. If Tyrod can't get them the ball, move on.

It was the SB. You know, that game with the supposed two best teams? That might have had something to do with all that scoring. If you believe the Bills will be on the level of NE and ATL with the addition of your draft picks, then stick with your opinion. Personally, I lean big time towards ndirish's position.

As much as I like TT, I don't regard him as an elite QB, particularly for the passing game, so McD is going to have to find another way to win. I've got to believe that begins with a dominant D, a strong Oline, and an elite running game. So the holes in those three parts are the ones that get priority in the draft and FA signings I would imagine.

About your "If Tyrod can't get them the ball, move on" order, now you're just being silly. You know darn well he's here for this year for certain and likely next year as well, so there will be no "moving on" for awhile. Maybe by then Cardale will be sizzling (though I wouldn't count on it). Or maybe Sam Darnold will be discovered in an Easter basket on Pegula's yacht. In the meantime, in the real world (not the world of "alternative facts"), this is the team we have. In the immortal words of The Firesign Theater, "Live it or live with it."

I'd be very meh about this draft. There is no need to draft a developmental QB when we already have one. It's a wasted pick. You picked the exact wrong LB for this defense, too.

How big is the CB? We need a long one.

I release my mock every year on 4/20. Here it is...

1. WR Mike Williams 6'4 218 Clemson

2. CB Quincy Wilson 6'1 211 Florida

3. QB Davis Webb 6'5 229 Cal

5. T Roderick Johnson 6'7 298 Florida St.

5. LB Ben Boulware 6'0 236 Clemson

5. S RayShawn Jenkins 6'1 220 Miami

6. RB Stanley "Boom" Williams 5'7 190 UK

It's a deep corner class, can get a good one in 2nd (I went with Wilson). There is a drop off at WR after Williams and Davis, they can be franchise WRs (I went with Williams).

I like Webbs attributes. Until Taylor proves himself, the more options the better.

NFL Network's Morning show had the same 1st two picks.

It was the SB. You know, that game with the supposed two best teams? That might have had something to do with all that scoring. If you believe the Bills will be on the level of NE and ATL with the addition of your draft picks, then stick with your opinion. Personally, I lean big time towards ndirish's position.

As much as I like TT, I don't regard him as an elite QB, particularly for the passing game, so McD is going to have to find another way to win. I've got to believe that begins with a dominant D, a strong Oline, and an elite running game. So the holes in those three parts are the ones that get priority in the draft and FA signings I would imagine.

About your "If Tyrod can't get them the ball, move on" order, now you're just being silly. You know darn well he's here for this year for certain and likely next year as well, so there will be no "moving on" for awhile. Maybe by then Cardale will be sizzling (though I wouldn't count on it). Or maybe Sam Darnold will be discovered in an Easter basket on Pegula's yacht. In the meantime, in the real world (not the world of "alternative facts"), this is the team we have. In the immortal words of The Firesign Theater, "Live it or live with it."

Bills brought in Williams for visit and have been looking at multiple QBs in draft. "Leave it or live with it"

I release my mock every year on 4/20. Here it is...

1. WR Mike Williams 6'4 218 Clemson

2. CB Quincy Wilson 6'1 211 Florida

3. QB Davis Webb 6'5 229 Cal

5. T Roderick Johnson 6'7 298 Florida St.

5. LB Ben Boulware 6'0 236 Clemson

5. S RayShawn Jenkins 6'1 220 Miami

6. RB Stanley "Boom" Williams 5'7 190 UK

It's a deep corner class, can get a good one in 2nd (I went with Wilson). There is a drop off at WR after Williams and Davis, they can be franchise WRs (I went with Williams).

I like Webbs attributes. Until Taylor proves himself, the more options the better.

Yup. Sounds about right. Not a single player from north of the mason Dixon line. Let's stop drafting SEC players, and focus on Big 10 and other northern schools. Players who might have experience playing in the cold!

The 60+ points in the last super bowl......how about the previous super bowl? The 2 best defenses in the league played each other. The team with the middling offense and the best defense won. Did Seattle win the SB and come one stupid play call from winning consecutive SBs because of their offense or their defense? Did the Ravens win the SB because of their offense? Did the niners have success with harbaugh because of their offense? Or did the league just completely change during the 2016-2017 season and no one noticed except you. You can win the SB with a dominant D and an average offense. Just because last years super bowl was played by 2 spectacular offenses doesn't mean that that's the only way to win in the NFL. Giving an average QB mike Williams won't make him a great QB. I'd rather draft Garrett Bolles and make our OL completely dominant rather than adding another WR

How about Howard (TE) at #10 and Godwin (WR) at #44?

The Bills would actually start looking scary on offense even with Taylor at QB. If Jones had to step in he would have a very good chance to succeed too.

To me, Williams is a throw away pick with how deep the WR position is in this draft.

Edited by 1billsfan

How about Howard (TE) at #10 and Godwin (WR) at #44?

The Bills would actually start looking scary on offense even with Taylor at QB. If Jones had to step in he would have a very good chance to succeed too.

To me, Williams is a throw away pick with how deep the WR position is in this draft.

Howard is my pick at #10. I'm calling it now.

It just seems much more logical than Williams. There are plenty of ready-made replacements for Woods at #44.

Then go defense with the remaining picks.

I'll be shocked if we don't address defense til rd 3 unless one of the picks in rd 1+2 is a QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.