Underrated Eateries

Roundybout

IDK about under-rated, but went to the NY beer project in Pendleton. Really good

LADivina in Kenmore for Mexican! Yeah!

Your opinions, has going out to eat gotten much more expensive lately?

Edited by MarkyMannn

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arby's has gotten a lot better lately. Their gyros are damn tasty.

Not a bad price either

Ohhh, I could do Arby's right now. I could even do Taco Bell. This is a mini-crisis!

The only thing I touch from Taco Bell is the Doritos Taco. Otherwise I am a Mighty guy

Thanks, man.....I love hot food.

I got a particular problem with the beef vindaloo at India House......if I'm home I order at least once per week at the India House Express by U of R and get a beef vindaloo curry bowl to go and ask for it extra, extra spicy......then pick up an 18 pack of toaster-naan at Costco nearby and make wraps for a couple days.....my family are all healthy vegetarian types so I gotta' fend for myself on raunchy meat dishes.......everywhere else I travel it seems like the Indian places only serve the traditional goat(which I don't like consistency of) rather than the sacred cow, but Rochester has several that Indian places that serve beef.

I find the extra spicy ordered kung pao at chang's is usually good everywhere too and fairly easy to find on the road........most chinese places they just throw the sauce in the wok to order but I'm guessing they marinate theirs....tastes like it anyway.......I don't like peanuts on their own but man are they are perfect in that dish.

India House is a place I put on my never again list. Pure filth. I would sooner eat out of the dumpster behind Tandoor or Haveli than return to that hole.

If you want some real Chinese in Rochester that packs spice, check out Tsingtao House for legit Szechuan and leave the food court at the mall alone.

Richmonds in Rochester.

ButaPub in Rochester.

At least that was the case 2 years ago.

India House is a place I put on my never again list. Pure filth. I would sooner eat out of the dumpster behind Tandoor or Haveli than return to that hole.

If you want some real Chinese in Rochester that packs spice, check out Tsingtao House for legit Szechuan and leave the food court at the mall alone.

Richmonds in Rochester.

ButaPub in Rochester.

At least that was the case 2 years ago.

There are 3 India House locations in Rochester.........and all are indeed run-down and dirty. :lol:

There is a place on East Henrietta Rd behind Desiato's that trumps them all for filth though.

Tandoor and Haveli are cleaner but the food is not good enough. Haveli also only serves goat instead of beef, the consistency of which I find unappealing.

For general Indian food...... Thali of India on Winton is the cleanest and has the best buffet, nice people......good meat dishes, including beef and also a big vegan selection.........that place is the rare Indian joint that fills up at times.

I will have to try Tsingtao House.......I just generally find the places that just throw unprepped chicken/beef in a wok and season it to order usually suck at spicy dishes......not enough flavor.

IDK about under-rated, but went to the NY beer project in Pendleton. Really good

LADivina in Kenmore for Mexican! Yeah!

Your opinions, has going out to eat gotten much more expensive lately?

I ate at a really good Mexican place in Lockport on Transit last month. Was told they were opening another.

Edited by #BADOL

I would like to know what the best authentic mexican place is, in you guys' opinion. La Tolteca on Transit in Amherst is pretty good. I like Deep South Taco too, but I am not sure how "authentic" that is.

There are 3 India House locations in Rochester.........and all are indeed run-down and dirty. :lol:

There is a place on East Henrietta Rd behind Desiato's that trumps them all for filth though.

Tandoor and Haveli are cleaner but the food is not good enough. Haveli also only serves goat instead of beef, the consistency of which I find unappealing.

For general Indian food...... Thali of India on Winton is the cleanest and has the best buffet, nice people......good meat dishes, including beef and also a big vegan selection.........that place is the rare Indian joint that fills up at times.

I will have to try Tsingtao House.......I just generally find the places that just throw unprepped chicken/beef in a wok and season it to order usually suck at spicy dishes......not enough flavor.

I ate at a really good Mexican place in Lockport on Transit last month. Was told they were opening another.

Aguacates?

My Father used to take me to the one on Monroe back in the day. It might be disgusting to me today, but I used to scarf the schitt down. I'll have to check it out the next time I am in town.

If you go at 3AM after some serious boozing you will not be disappointed.