if you had 100 acres...

boyst

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two chicks at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a wise person once said, if I wanted to disappoint two people at the same time, I'd just go to dinner with my parents. :)

And why would that take 100 acres? Are you doing it right?

Well that's what it would take to double up on a dude like me dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell it all to the highest bidder, in parcels or all at once depending on the zone. Invest it all in low cost index funds, and reinvest the dividends for 20 years while I keep working. Cash out when I'm 50 and buy a small private island in the keys or the Caribbean.

That's what I'd do too....minus the working another 20 years bit. Hundred acres here would buy a pretty nice island.

I have 30 acres now. If I had 100 , probably the same. Hunt ,go for walks on paths I made. Enjoy nature. I may select cut some of the timber,when it becomes bigger and worth more.I have 300 other acres around me that is undeveloped.I like my privacy. We have had a few parties here. Oldest son got married here. Mother and father in laws,had their 50th married party here.Cook -outs,camp-outs,nice times by the fire -pit. I am a bit of a home body. Hopefully one of my sons keep the place ,or grand children. Broke my back carving out this place ,have planted over 2000 trees and bushes. So 100 acres, I would keep it..

Easy.

50 acres for a nice manageable cow/calf, 20 acres of stone fruit, 20 acres truck crops, and a 10 acre spread for the house.

50 acres for cow calf managed would support 12 head and a bull. well managed you could exceed 16 head and a bull, but you'd have to have a 2 season breeding schedule to reduce the stress on your pastures and work a lot with seasonal forages, etc. it'd be come very expensive quick. the stone fruit would be a yuge investment. i'm guessing truck crops are row crop. if thats the case then you'd have too good of land to just raise cow/calf on unless you mean cow/calf which would be used for brooding. in that case, you could make a killing but it's intensive and expensive.

and with 10 acres for the house thats a bunch of land. hell, we have only about 4 acres taking up barns, sheds, buildings, wheathouse, etc.

but i like your style

What would you do with it?

I would let the weeds and grass grow and then I would cut paths through it and have a big section in the middle with a pavilion. I'd hang out there and enjoy

I have 30 acres now. If I had 100 , probably the same. Hunt ,go for walks on paths I made. Enjoy nature. I may select cut some of the timber,when it becomes bigger and worth more.I have 300 other acres around me that is undeveloped.I like my privacy. We have had a few parties here. Oldest son got married here. Mother and father in laws,had their 50th married party here.Cook -outs,camp-outs,nice times by the fire -pit. I am a bit of a home body. Hopefully one of my sons keep the place ,or grand children. Broke my back carving out this place ,have planted over 2000 trees and bushes. So 100 acres, I would keep it..

That sounds nice!