Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperation is not a good thing. Make the best decision based on talent.

yeah, not so sure.

taking the best "talent" available is the easy way out.

But, you better be solid at QB, or the even surrounded by the best talent your chances of winning plummet.

Not saying Tyrod is not the guy, but they better be damn sure he is if they don't address QB early.

Desperation is not a good thing. Make the best decision based on talent.

Fine. I think the team has lacked proper urgency on the position and needs to give priority to finding a franchise qb.

This will inevitably involve risk. None of this means advocating taking someone who lacks potential or projecting a long shot to radically outperform where you project him.

It does mean there should be a willingness to pass on a very good player that fills a defensive hole if your evaluation says a qb could be a genuine top 10 NFL qb with proper development.

Edited by Dr. Who

yeah, not so sure.

taking the best "talent" available is the easy way out.

But, you better be solid at QB, or the even surrounded by the best talent your chances of winning plummet.

Not saying Tyrod is not the guy, but they better be damn sure he is if they don't address QB early.

Fine. I think the team has lacked proper urgency on the position and needs to give priority to finding a franchise qb.

This will inevitably involve risk. None of this means advocating taking someone who lacks potential or projecting a long shot to radically outperform where you project him.

It does mean there should be a willingness to pass on a very good player that fills a defensive hole if your evaluation says a qb could be a genuine top 10 NFL qb with proper development.

If they have conviction that Trubisky or one of the other QB prospects will be the long term answer, then they should make the move. But they should not on the feelings of desperation as we have seen that movie before with not so good outcomes.

@TBNSports

3 reasons the #Bills should draft ... North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky. @viccarucci at [bN] Blitz: http://bit.ly/2oXUSkW

C9PIa2CXUAEnHFo.jpg

Common sense says to not burn a #1 draft pick on a QB until after Lil Doug is fired.

Your posts bore me but I do like how you love calling everyone Lil. But I'm sure you're much more physically imposing than Whaley who played football at Pittsburgh. The power of being a tough guy on a message board!

Yes, my worst fear is Whaley making the pick

Doug Whaley is the only GM who has ever missed on a qb. Fact.

If they take him at 10....it means they see a guy that if he sits a year or two has a legit chance of being a franchise qb

and so if they pick him....I will totally support the pick

but mark my words...we only have 6 picks in this draft and there is some really good talent at other positions we are going to not have on this team....