Possible QB run could work in Bills favor.

He really might be CB but it's even hard for me to tell and I have seen all of his games.

Remember, last year he had a freshman qb and the year before Derrick Henry was getting all those carries. Plus, the Tide have a roster full of star skill position players.

He has every single tool and his blocking has vastly improved over the years to the degree that I consider him to be an excellent blocker.

Is 10 still a bit early? It might be. I won't complain if they draft him but you know why. :) Besides, I think we both know where the Bills will go in round 1, don't we? :(

Haha. I feel bad because I almost feel bad for waiting a d back to make your lose it! For the record, a corner at 10 would be a move I'd be completely against because it's the definition of spinning your wheels.

As for Howard, he passes the big game test. And the fact he never complained about his role when it was clear how talented he was says a lot to me. Plus, we need a better OJ! :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How man good NFL teams appear to have at least one very good TE?

Clay is more of a HB to me

How many can afford to b.c they have a good QB to get them the ball? Take a TE at 10 and you will regret it.

I can see the threads now "Why does Clay have 3 catches for 9 yards" and "why does Howard have 4 catches for 10 yards"

Edited by Beef Jerky

How many can afford to b.c they have a good QB to get them the ball? Take a TE at 10 and you will regret it.

I can see the threads now "Why does Clay have 3 catches for 9 yards" and "why does Howard have 4 catches for 10 yards"

I hate to be the one to tell you this.....but there is a possibility that NONE of these qbs would get the ball where you want it to go any better......

I hate to be the one to tell you this.....but there is a possibility that NONE of these qbs would get the ball where you want it to go any better......

Yea but the possibility is what you need to go with. Also why would you need to draft a QB instead of a TE? Why not a CB, or a Safetey, or even a LBer.

When you don't even try you never even have the possibility to begin with.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Then we can get someone like Adams or Allen, and draft Chad Kelly later and give him time to develop / mature. A trade down to get more picks would be ideal, but I would also be tempted to grab a QB if there was one I really liked; I'm not qualified to suggest any QB but I hate the thoughts of Kelly going to any other team than the Bills.

Well, one of these highly rated guys could fall to us. We still might have to grab Kelly by the 4th round as I think other teams might be ready to snag him by the 5th round. With his recent injury problems we might be able to IR him for the year. That way we could roll with the 3 QB's we have & see if C. Jones can improve this year.

...QB spot in 2017 draft among "expert" pundits is a moving target changing HOURLY....read an article today talking about Browns taking Mitch at #1 overall.....hmmmmm.....and of course Bucky Brooks now has 4 going in the top 10 (COUGH)........

No, Bucky has one going in the top ten, and four going in the first round.

He's not saying it'll happen, but he is saying it's possible. QBs often go higher than their value.

Edited by Thurman#1

Yea but the possibility is what you need to go with. Also why would you need to draft a QB instead of a TE? Why not a CB, or a Safetey, or even a LBer.

When you don't even try you never even have the possibility to begin with.

Agree but there has to be value in the pick as well. Just forcing another Losman or Manuel is not wise.

I agree. You're not drafting only for the Tyrod-led Bills, but he's the starter this year and so far he's shown much more ability to work with WRs than TEs. TEs tend to work the middle and the deep and intermediate middle is a weakness for Tyrod. Clay has been open a ton, but he hasn't shown the productivity to justify his salary and a lot of that is because he's not getting thrown to.

Things can change, but last off-season they went on about how it was their emphasis to get Tyrod throwing more to that area and it never happened.

The Bills led the league in QB runs last year and it did not really work in their favor.

I don't like putting a QB at that much risk, but we scored plenty of points. THAT was not our problem. This year? Who knows?

And what if Watson turns out to be really good and we had a ton of evidence that showed he was? Man, that would be a killer.

Then that would be the worst move in Buffalo Bills history.

Well, I disagree on Howard. He is a monster who played with crappy qbs for a team that didn't need to throw the ball a lot. He's also a great blocker. He could be the next great TE.

I would classify Howard as elite, he is the best TE prospect in the last decade imo. We will be lucky if he is there at 10.

I don't like putting a QB at that much risk, but we scored plenty of points. THAT was not our problem. This year? Who knows?

I was joking (look at the thread title). I've got no issue with Tyrod running the ball.

Agree but there has to be value in the pick as well. Just forcing another Losman or Manuel is not wise.

That is the risk of the most important position in football.

It only ends up being "forced" if it is wrong.

Edited by Beef Jerky